Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2018 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview

2018 discussion thread
Print Wikipost

2019 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Concerto
Yes, 2.2km from the small station of Biberbrugg, nothing for me. ...
My post above was a bit misleading. I didn't mean it wasn't for me because of having to walk 2km, I meant the walk represents no problem at all, because I am used to walking everywhere!

I managed to book another night at this hotel, then cancel one of the other bookings which was for an earlier night and less convenient. No issues in doing so, although for a short period of time I had 3 bookings at the same hotel.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
My post above was a bit misleading. I didn't mean it wasn't for me because of having to walk 2km, I meant the walk represents no problem at all, because I am used to walking everywhere!

I managed to book another night at this hotel, then cancel one of the other bookings which was for an earlier night and less convenient. No issues in doing so, although for a short period of time I had 3 bookings at the same hotel.
It looks like a decent property and 10k in this location is very good value. I pondered a few nights myself, even though it's only an hour and a half away from me. But living next to Bodensee, I'm just as happy here. Besides, I know very well I would wipe out any savings with Swiss bar prices!

I'm going with the Leipzig option at 5k (last of the big spenders!). It's a pleasant city, that I somehow haven't been to for years.

Enjoy Zürichsee. It's a lovely area.
Old May 31, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
Redding Holiday Inn

I'm staying at the Redding Holiday Inn right now - this is the kind of place that would have normally been 10,000 points ten years ago (normally 20,000 points) so 10,000 as a Point Break is not much of a deal. An older location with carpet and furniture that has clearly seen better days, but a decent choice if you are passing through (which is what a lot of Point Breaks are). The restaurant is totally underused and literally no one is in it, despite being happy hour, but I sometimes wonder with these smaller town Holiday Inns, especially when a lot of food options are available nearby at all levels.

Last edited by calwatch; May 31, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Old May 31, 2019, 10:19 pm

Best way to slightly shorten a pointbreak reservation?

(1) Contact property directly before arrival
(2) Message IHG on Twitter
(3) Call elite line (Spire, AMB etc.)
(4) Inform property you'll be checking out early during stay
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by mster
Best way to slightly shorten a pointbreak reservation?

(1) Contact property directly before arrival
(2) Message IHG on Twitter
(3) Call elite line (Spire, AMB etc.)
(4) Inform property you'll be checking out early during stay
Definitely some version of (4).
Depending on how early, you could check out on the app from almost anywhere.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire

Just for clarification, I assume that this means the two reservations per property rule means two at a time. If I book two and then cancel one, I assume IHG will let me book another pointbreaks reservation, right?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by jn in ca
Just for clarification, I assume that this means the two reservations per property rule means two at a time. If I book two and then cancel one, I assume IHG will let me book another pointbreaks reservation, right?
Yes - if the property is still available at the pointbreak rate.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are a lot of properties still on the list. But quite a few key ones have already disappeared, such as Zurich.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just completed a stay at the Holiday Inn Schindellegi up above Lake Zürich. Really classy property to have featured on the Pointbreaks list. Hope it comes up again in the future. This was my Auszeit, a real much needed down time.

Getting there without a car is a little bit challenging but it is doable, if you are a little bit sporty and up for walking a couple of kilometres. I took the train to Biberbrugg and, because it was getting late and storms with threatening, I walked back along the main road which you should NOT do. Route 8 is a busy 4 lane highway with no walkway, just a sliver of a cycle lane. Because there were roadworks I walked down one of the closed off lanes (there is a way through the forest which involves quite a bit of up and down). Better to get off at Schindellegi station and walk along the hiking trail, a bit longer at 2.5km.

I am thinking about creating a separate thread to review this property.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Okay, folks, what are your wishes and desires for this time around?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iggyray
Okay, folks, what are your wishes and desires for this time around?
The same thing we do every list, Pinky - try to take over the world!

In order of specificity:
Poland
any BWI
HIX Sheldon, IA
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not saying. They might get ideas and put something else up, just to confound me! I think we should just let ourselves be surprised. But when do you think the next list might appear?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:56 pm

My dream is to snag a bedbug infested HIX in England. Saskatchewan would be ok too.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I'm not saying. They might get ideas and put something else up, just to confound me! I think we should just let ourselves be surprised. But when do you think the next list might appear?

Maybe Monday 26th Aug , usually last Monday of the month, no matter whether 1/2/3/4/5/6 days left in month etc

With 5-15k setup, no longer a big rush need to book 12noon usa time onwards as soon as released
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Maybe Monday 26th Aug , usually last Monday of the month, no matter whether 1/2/3/4/5/6 days left in month etc

With 5-15k setup, no longer a big rush need to book 12noon usa time onwards as soon as released
But they do go fast despite 15k a night - especially the ICs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.