Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2018 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview

2018 discussion thread
Print Wikipost

2019 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Concerto
And I don't. Thanks for letting me know! What about the Zürich option? Seems to be quite a long way out in the hills south of the lake. Should be reachable by public transport, knowing Switzerland. I was thinking of taking a night there just to recover from the work I've had recently, 13 hour days including Sundays.
About 2km from the nearest public transport, but it looks like a pleasant walk. I don't know the property itself, but it looks like a decent place to destress.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
About 2km from the nearest public transport, but it looks like a pleasant walk. I don't know the property itself, but it looks like a decent place to destress.
Yes, 2.2km from the small station of Biberbrugg, nothing for me. I walk everywhere in Switzerland, and maybe I can make a combo of hiking trails out of it. My only criticism is, a lot of these hotels are misleadingly named after the nearest big city, but in fact are a considerable distance away. This is a general comment, not specific to Pointbreaks. And I see that this one is named after Zürichsee, so fair enough. Done, booked a couple of nights for early July. Quite a good deal, because the cheapest room available was CHF156.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any intelligence on the Crowne Plaza in Porto? I just booked a 2 night stay there in August. Means shifting travel plans a bit, but it should work ok. I see they charge EUR25 for parking, which is a lot for Portugal. Again, if I have a rental car, I will be driving around to see if there is any onstreet parking. Also, I expect breakfast will be quite expensive.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by chrism20
HIX Edinburgh Waterfront & HI Edinburgh City West are both 15k

Still some availability during the festival as well
Leith Waterfront seemed to have dates blocked during the week of 8/18-24, but I'm happy with four nights from 8/25-29 for what will be an eventual total of 41K points, especially since they have free parking as part of the deal. More dates open at City West, but I like the Leith location better for my purposes.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We're allowed 2 bookings, right, per member? I booked 2 separate nights at the Zürich hotel, thinking that gives me the chance of staying an extra night if I feel like it, which uses up my two bookings. But if I refund one of the bookings already, would I be allowed to book again at the same hotel, for another date?
Old May 28, 2019, 3:56 pm

We're allowed 2 bookings, right, per member? I booked 2 separate nights at the Zürich hotel, thinking that gives me the chance of staying an extra night if I feel like it, which uses up my two bookings. But if I refund one of the bookings already, would I be allowed to book again at the same hotel, for another date?
I've done it before and never had an issue.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Leith Waterfront seemed to have dates blocked during the week of 8/18-24, but I'm happy with four nights from 8/25-29 for what will be an eventual total of 41K points, especially since they have free parking as part of the deal. More dates open at City West, but I like the Leith location better for my purposes.
I live two minutes from the waterfront HIX. There isn't a lot of spaces in the car park but you can usually get parked on Commercial Street (Also free) no problem.

There is a cracking Indian next door to the hotel called Britannia Spice and about five minutes along the street Kezban is also very nice if you like Greek/Med dishes. Links below

https://www.kezbanedinburgh.co.uk/our-story
Britannia Spice, Indian Restaurant Edinburgh
lwildernorva likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by chrism20
I live two minutes from the waterfront HIX. There isn't a lot of spaces in the car park but you can usually get parked on Commercial Street (Also free) no problem.

There is a cracking Indian next door to the hotel called Britannia Spice and about five minutes along the street Kezban is also very nice if you like Greek/Med dishes. Links below

https://www.kezbanedinburgh.co.uk/our-story
Britannia Spice, Indian Restaurant Edinburgh
Thanks for the suggestions. I saw that the hotel also has something worked out with a nearby shopping center for free parking. I don't care if I have to walk a bit, but when I'm redeeming points, I hate to add fees, parking, resort, or otherwise, to my redemption.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:46 pm

I've created property Master Threads for a few of the best properties on the list:

(1) Crowne Plaza London - Albert Embankment
(2) Holiday Inn Hamburg - HafenCity
(3) Crowne Plaza Porto
Old May 28, 2019, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, none of those lead anywhere when I click through.

Looking at it I don't think the CP Abu Dhabi is all that great, judging from the outside. There isn't anything about it that would entice me to book a stay there. That is, if we're talking about that concrete block in downtown Abu Dhabi.

Last edited by Concerto; May 29, 2019 at 1:28 am Reason: Further thoughts
Old May 29, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
I cant see any availability for any dates at the CP Albert Embankment. . I checked immediately after receiving the Loyalty Lobby email yesterday.

Only June 12!

Any thoughts?

Last edited by boar; May 29, 2019 at 2:04 am
Old May 29, 2019, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Thanks for the suggestions. I saw that the hotel also has something worked out with a nearby shopping center for free parking. I don't care if I have to walk a bit, but when I'm redeeming points, I hate to add fees, parking, resort, or otherwise, to my redemption.
No problem.

Yes Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre is opposite the hotel. Multi storey car park which is secure and patrolled, I’d go as far as say it will probably be more secure than the hotel.

Old May 29, 2019, 3:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mster
I've created property Master Threads for a few of the best properties on the list:

(1) Crowne Plaza London - Albert Embankment
(2) Holiday Inn Hamburg - HafenCity
(3) Crowne Plaza Porto
CP Doha and HI Doha is very good properties too. I have stayed in CP once, really nice hotel.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by boar
I cant see any availability for any dates at the CP Albert Embankment. . I checked immediately after receiving the Loyalty Lobby email yesterday.

Only June 12!

Any thoughts?
In a post today, Head for Points indicated that all available redemptions for this hotel were completely booked by last night: https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...-15000-points/.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Yes, 2.2km from the small station of Biberbrugg, nothing for me. I walk everywhere in Switzerland, and maybe I can make a combo of hiking trails out of it. My only criticism is, a lot of these hotels are misleadingly named after the nearest big city, but in fact are a considerable distance away. This is a general comment, not specific to Pointbreaks. And I see that this one is named after Zürichsee, so fair enough. Done, booked a couple of nights for early July. Quite a good deal, because the cheapest room available was CHF156.
Zürich is a good place to de-stress. Definitely a smaller and more scenic city than Geneva. The hotels offer free transport passes which even cover the trains for the area (not as far as Geneva, though).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.