Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2018 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview

2018 discussion thread
Print Wikipost

2019 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by mster
Booked Toulouse - now just have to decide whether to keep the reservation.

I hope you do use them rather than just wasting the opportunity someone else could have enjoyed.
downinit and Mauibaby2008 like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
I definitely think you thinking of Aberdeen. Inverness is desperately short of reasonably priced hotel rooms so the HIX is nearly always quite dear. Once, about 10 years ago, I stopped while on the road and got a good walk in price. Don't think it's ever been on the Pointbreaks list before.
Is HIX London Hammersmith any good?
From speaking with the GM at Inverness a couple of years back the property averages at over well over 90% occupancy over the course of a year, I'm surprised its made it onto the list tbh. Inverness is screaming out for a decent offering from one of the big chains. It's sorely telling that the Jurys Inn is one of the best properties in town. If you are heading into town at night I recommend visiting Hootenany.

Re Hammersmith I stayed there for a couple of nights when it was on the PB list last year and it wasn't too bad. It's about a five minute walk from the tube and the immediate area is surprisingly quiet. One thing to note though is it is currently being extended so there may be some noise.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:56 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
IS there any chance that a Staybridge Suites hotel that is on the CURRENT (through May 31) Pointbreak list will also be on the next quarter's list?

Trying to figure out a long-term stay in June and it would be awesome if I could just use points!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
IS there any chance that a Staybridge Suites hotel that is on the CURRENT (through May 31) Pointbreak list will also be on the next quarter's list?

Trying to figure out a long-term stay in June and it would be awesome if I could just use points!
highly unlikely. In all my ihg time there has never been a PB hotel on consecutive offerings.

At most some regular PB hotels come up yearly, eg CZ HI Brno
355F1 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:39 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by scubaccr
highly unlikely. In all my ihg time there has never been a PB hotel on consecutive offerings.

Thank you.

I am certainly not paying 25k points per night for a Staybridge Suites! LoL
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by 355F1

Thank you.

I am certainly not paying 25k points per night for a Staybridge Suites! LoL
There are a couple of very nice Staybridges in London, UK where 25K a night would be a screaming deal compared to cash prices.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:00 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold

highly unlikely. In all my ihg time there has never been a PB hotel on consecutive offerings
+1

And sometimes more than once a year

Nice property with lots of green around it. And quite easy to get to by public transport if that is your thing (obviously it is mine).

Dąbrowa Górnicza in Poland seems to pop up regularlly as well.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:20 pm

Its extremely rare but has happened, the most recent being

CP Heathrow, July-September 2018 and again October-November 2018.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by beachmouse
There are a couple of very nice Staybridges in London, UK where 25K a night would be a screaming deal compared to cash prices.
Agreed, emphatically.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
When will the next list likely appear? I have somehow lost track of whether PBs are every two months or three months.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat

IC Bucharest was twice in a row this year.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver

I think that the HIX Enterprise, Alabama and Candlewood of Enterprise, Alabama came up a few times in a row over the years, or at least tended to alternate spots on the PB list. (If you don't have business at the nearby military base, the big draw in town is the Boll Weevil Monument, so the property owners were probably glad of the token award night reveune they got from IHG)
Old Apr 2, 2019, 8:00 pm

I made a pointbreaks reservation for 2 nights - now need to cancel 1 night - is it possible to do it online? In the past the agent had cancelled the full 2 night reservation and I had to pay the regular points rate for the 1 night.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:09 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bobby21
I made a pointbreaks reservation for 2 nights - now need to cancel 1 night - is it possible to do it online? In the past the agent had cancelled the full 2 night reservation and I had to pay the regular points rate for the 1 night.
Award bookings cannot be changed, rebook is the only option and in the case of PB your better just to leave it.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Concerto
When will the next list likely appear? I have somehow lost track of whether PBs are every two months or three months.
this list is valid till 31st may so the new list will come out towards the end of may....
Sisyphus1carus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.