Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2018 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview

2018 discussion thread
Print Wikipost

2019 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, ITA Executive, SkyTeam Elite Plus, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond
New list should be out this Friday, 22 February, if they keep pace with recent releases!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by finlandokie
New list should be out this Friday, 22 February, if they keep pace with recent releases!
Good thing you brought this thread back to the top. I was just thinking about that, as February has fewer days than other months. Hopping for something good on this next Pointbreaks release. For sure, a preview on Friday will make it easier to plan for Monday.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
Originally Posted by finlandokie
In the past consistently the bookings would go live on a Monday, and a preview of the list by Friday of prior week. But recently it seems like very little publicity for this - almost no advertising last few cycles - and the only info is when the actual list comes open and bookings go live... probably IHG realizes that the change from just 5k to 5/10/15 is a screaming example of how much IHG points have become devalued over last couple of years so they're not exactly wanting to advertise???
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:44 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by somedudefromFLa
In the past consistently the bookings would go live on a Monday, and a preview of the list by Friday of prior week. But recently it seems like very little publicity for this - almost no advertising last few cycles - and the only info is when the actual list comes open and bookings go live... probably IHG realizes that the change from just 5k to 5/10/15 is a screaming example of how much IHG points have become devalued over last couple of years so they're not exactly wanting to advertise???
Selective memory in effect, IHG never gave a preview for most of the program, in fact previews were a recent addition that seems to have stopped, more likely die to the fact they were somewhat pointless.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA/AA
On Monday February 25th, 2019 IHG will release a new PointsBreaks list.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-i...onday-2-25-19/
redreeper likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
I actually forgot it was PB time again. Might get a weekend somewhere in Europe.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I just hope Pointbreaks keep going, good or bad, despite the threat of changes to the programme. Mention is that variable point pricing will be used, which doesn't sound good.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:01 pm

Getting an IC for 10k, with credit card makes 7500. No complaints here. Can I hope for two good scores in a year?

I actually had a CP pop up across town last April 30 as I was about to check into an Ibis. PB -- when it's good, it's bery bery good...
Brendan and redreeper like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
People can rag on the "new" PB program all they want. But it still has a great value to me. What I have noticed is that hotels will stay on the PB listing for several weeks, and not be gone after a day or two. This helps a great deal if you need to change a reservation's date. In the past, you were SOL because the hotel no longer had PB inventory. So you had to either cancel the reservation, or pay the regular points rate.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Official.... New PB List comes out on Monday 25th Feb. (no preview list provided)
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:39 pm

Loyalty Lobby reports that IHG has released a preview list of four hotels which will be on the next Pointbreaks list. They are:https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/02/22/...ruary-25-2019/
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: IHG spire ambassador, SPG/Marriott Gold(new plat), Virgin Atlantic
Originally Posted by markis10
Selective memory in effect, IHG never gave a preview for most of the program, in fact previews were a recent addition that seems to have stopped, more likely die to the fact they were somewhat pointless.
yes, the preview thing was recent few years and I think they were using it as big marketing push when was 5k but not so much as of recently with new??? And, I agree it kinda took the fun out of it as I personally enjoy the suprise of Monday 12 noon... knowing that if something comes then with dates available which work for me then book it then why not! Encourages spontaneity mini staycation : ))

Last edited by somedudefromFLa; Feb 22, 2019 at 10:40 pm
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Tit, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Philodemus
Crowne Plaza Oxford-Manchester Road (United Kingdom) 15,000 points
It's the Crowne Plaza Manchester - Oxford Road. Not in Oxford.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Those are probably going to be the only stars on the list. The rest will probably be HIXes in Oklahoma or Hankou.
FFlash and The_Bouncer like this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Like the look of 15k for pattaya IC if I could get a reasonable upsell to club rooms.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.