Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two UK nights for one global free night - promo code?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Two UK nights for one global free night - promo code?

Loyalty Traveler posted about a new IHG offer which awards a free global night at any IHG property for two nights at one of several IHG properties in the UK:
  • Kimpton Fitzroy London
  • The Met Hotel, Leeds
  • Principal York
  • Principal Manchester
  • voco™ St David’s, Cardiff
  • Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square
  • Principal Edinburgh George Street
  • Blythswood Square Hotel, Glasgow
  • Wotton House, near Dorking, Surrey
The issue is that when I go on the registration page to sign up, I'm redirected to a promo registration page which asks for a promo code. However, the landing page for the offer doesn't list any promotional code. (It does say I need to register for the offer.) Any ideas?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Are you a IHG member residing in the UK? Otherwise you may not be eligible for the offer.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://insideflyer.co.uk/2018/12/fa...er-ihg-hotels/

Try reading a blog that gives you the promo code...
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The problem was that the code was embedded in the original URL emailed by IHG but people (including myself) didn't notice and truncated the URL for publication.

Click this https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/de...romoCode=65351 and you'll be fine.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Do you get points/ stay credits/ member benefits, for stays at these new properties, before they are fully converted to IHG ?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by adobbing
Do you get points/ stay credits/ member benefits, for stays at these new properties, before they are fully converted to IHG ?
If it is any help, I stayed at the Principal York straight after the ihg takeover but before its formal 'ihg launch'. I did ask about points on check in but was told a firm 'No' as their systems were not compatible at that time.

BM
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
If it is any help, I stayed at the Principal York straight after the ihg takeover but before its formal 'ihg launch'. I did ask about points on check in but was told a firm 'No' as their systems were not compatible at that time.

BM
Thanks!

I wonder whether that has now changed since they are bookable on the IHG app / website.

Anyone got any recent experience?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR

Thanks!

I wonder whether that has now changed since they are bookable on the IHG app / website.

Anyone got any recent experience?
Without wishing to state the obvious, this promo would not work if the stays could not be logged with Rewards Club!
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Any idea how stays at these Hotels will be recognised in the new Q1 multi brand / Accelerate promo for the stay x brands, get x points challenges?

Last edited by adobbing; Jan 4, 2019 at 1:03 pm
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
Are you a IHG member residing in the UK? Otherwise you may not be eligible for the offer.
Where does it say you'll have to be?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:52 am

Any idea how stays at these Hotels will be recognised in the new Q1 multi brand / Accelerate promo for the stay x brands, get x points challenges?
Should work with those which have been rebranded as IHG hotels, i.e.

Kimpton Fitzroy London
voco™ St David’s, Cardiff
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Should work with those which have been rebranded, i.e.

Kimpton Fitzroy London
voco™ St David’s, Cardiff
Stayed at Blythswood Square, Glasgow yesterday. Nice hotel and apparently will be a Kimpton, but not yet.
Just wondered, if whilst still in its “Independent” format, it will count as a separate brand?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:07 am

Stayed at Blythswood Square, Glasgow yesterday. Nice hotel and apparently will be a Kimpton, but not yet.
Just wondered, if whilst still in its “Independent” format, it will count as a separate brand?
If the stay was after they launched the Promo your should be able to see it on the dashboard?

Otherwise, there's no mentioning of Principal in the T&Cs

: A Stay is defined as per IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out ("Stay"). A Stay constitutes a "Qualifying Stay" when member pays qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Kimpton®, EVEN®, avid™, voco™, Regent® Hotels & Resorts or HUALUXE® hotels worldwide

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.