Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

How to find hotels offering the 5,000 IHG Rewards Club Bonus Points Package?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, BW Diamond Select, Hertz PC

Hi everyone,for some months now, I have noticed that it is now nearly impossible to book the 5,000 IHG Rewards Club Bonus Points Package at European hotels of the chain. Is there a trick to find out which hotels still offer this package? The manual search of all hotels - as I just tried with Holiday Inn’s in the London area - is very tedious. In the end I haven't found a single London IHG hotel that offers 5,000 bonus points packages in January. A year ago that was a quarter of all available hotels. At best, now you find at least some who offer 4,000 points - however with a significantly higher price.In Germany, France and Italy the situation is comparable. With US IHG hotels there is no change to last year.Is this a new IHG strategy? However, I'm surprised that especially in the past weeks an unusually large number of newsletters have been advertising the 5,000 points package. On the other hand the availability is almost non-existent.Any ideas? Thx in advance.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:50 am
Suspended

Many Indigo and Intercontinental offers 5K bonus points per night now. What you need to do is, if you are using your mobile and app, to look for IHG Rewards Member 1,000 Bonus points option. Click on that, then it will offer you to add breakfast, click on no you don't want that, then you will be taken to a screen to add either 1K, 2K or 4K bonus points. Choose 4K bonus points and you will be booked in the 5K per night option. It is important to ignore the breakfast option because both offer is not compatible.

If you are using website on computer, just click on the member best flexible rate and it will show options to add bonus points.

Remember, since late this year, IHG is only allowing 5K bonus points per night with Indigo and InterContinental brand. Crowne Plaza and below is maximised at 3K per night bonus. You can see occasionally some hotel offer 4K bonus per STAY and cheaper than 3K per night. Obviously you choose whatever suits you best.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
The iOS app allows you to search for bonus rates as part of the search - it's not perfect, but easier than the desktop. Not sure if Android is the same, but I'd expect it to be.
Peter555 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:59 am

Location: The Blackwater Valley (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey border area)
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Diamond, etc etc
Originally Posted by FlyerTalker688786
Click on that, then it will offer you to add breakfast, click on no you don't want that, then you will be taken to a screen to add either 1K, 2K or 4K bonus points. Choose 4K bonus points and you will be booked in the 5K per night option. It is important to ignore the breakfast option because both offer is not compatible.
I appreciate that this is an old thread, but does anyone know the rationale for not offering Bonus Points Packages with breakfast selected?

I don't understand why the choice of breakfast (yes/no) should impact whether I might want to add a BPP?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.