Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerTalker688786
Ambassador programme will change on 1st February 2019. This will start with Royal Ambassador's benefits. Then, all other Ambassador will have new benefits from 1st March 2019.

For Royal Ambassadors, the new benefits starts from 1st FEB 2019 will be:
  1. EARLY CHECK-IN from 10AM (instead of 8AM)
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY [CONFIRMED AS IN GREATER CHINA REGION ONLY, On 1st March, it seems IHG quietly made a U-turn again, now this benefit only APPLIES TO IC HOTELS IN MAINLAND CHINA ONLY, Hong Kong IC hotels are excluded on the last minute U-turn.]
  3. UP TO TWO COMPLIMENTARY FULL BREAKFASTS PER DAY IF THERE IS NO CLUB LOUNGE
  4. UPTO 50USD/200RMB/400HKD MINIBAR CREDIT PER DAY (200USD/800RMB/1600HKD PER STAY MAX)
  5. WAIVED DESTINATION/AMENITY FEES
  6. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  7. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE (See below)
  8. [Officially Added Benefits] FREE NIGHTS AT AN IHG PROPERTY (capped at 70K points value)
  9. [Officially Added Benefits] HERTZ GOLD PLUS REWARDS PRESIDENTS' CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP

For all other Ambassadors, the new benefit starts on 1st MARCH 2019:
  1. GUARANTEED PLATINUM ELITE STATUS IN IHG REWARDS CLUB
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  3. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  4. WELCOME FRUIT PLATTER (instead of welcome fruits and gifts) <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  5. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR STAYS IN GREATER CHINA ONLY:
• One complimentary breakfast every night you stay
• 15% discount on restaurants and bars

AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GURANTEE work as bellow:
  1. Guaranteed Room Upgrade: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  2. 16:00 (4p.m.) Late Check-out: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  3. New Club InterContinental Lounge Access or alternative Club experience: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit of USD100 per night, not exceeding the Club InterContinental upgrade supplement value, applies to Royal Ambassador only.
Print Wikipost

Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by doubter13
hi, can anyone confirm what happenes to the spire Elite ambassador Status when you renew and the Spire elite part of this was always coming from the renewal of ambassador and not from the nights spent?
my Ambassador will expire on april 1st and to be honest i am not impressed with the "benefits" in the past and of course less impressed with the changes and would only extend it one more time if i can keep the spire elite part be doing this.
i am also HH diamond and SPG Gold elite and most of the time i got better treatment by them then by IHG
renewed mine 30/12/2018 using 40,000 points and it renewed the spire elite status to either 31/3/2020 or 31/12/2020 dependant on where on my account you look.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Just to report back. As of 1st March, IHG did something despicable in my opinion. The once confirmed ONE FREE BREAKFAST for IC hotels in GREATER CHINA (Including TAIWAN, HONG KONG and MACAU) now is MAINLAND CHINA ONLY (excluding TAIWAN, HONG KONG and MACAU).

So basically the 2 Hong Kong IC hotels are now excluded from the breakfast benefit!

This is a betrayal of loyalty for me. And very frustrating as this terms and condition was changed several times during February and looks like IHG can not take the pressure from Grand Stamford IC in Hong Kong (the big IC in Hong Kong will be reflagged to Regent, so would not take the new benefit for too long).

Very bad on IHG's part to do this. IHG cheats!
Boraxo, 336, ginmqi and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Not surprised, at IHG the concept of loyalty is a one way road to be shown by the guests, but not the hotel / program.

The IC GS HKG is also the one that continuously charges my credit card for a security hold 1-2 weeks prior to a stay for a flex reservation on Corp rate with 24hrs cancellation deadline. What for? They are nickel and diming a lot, so not surprised.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chongcao
For IC hotels, they only care Ambassador or Royal Ambassador.
That contradicts my experience. Many hotels provide better benefits for Spire Amb than for Plat Amb. Some even seem to have formal in-house rules as to what benefits they provide to Gold/Plat/Spire Ambs and explain those to you during check-in.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by davidw70
Checked into IC Downtown LA today. Welcomed as Spire Ambassador and given a one category upgrade, but no other benefits provided or mentioned (no fruit or water in room, no mention of the $20 credit, etc). I’ll charge to the room and see what happens re $20 on check out. It just doesn’t feel as hospitable as having the welcome amenities in the room.
Quick update. I asked reception who told me I needed to find Guest Services. I eventually found the person (who was not at her desk) and was told the $20 will be taken off the bill at check out. I was told also to take water from the mini bar and any charge would be reversed at check out. I did suggest they ought to tell people the process but I was told I was not informed as the Ambassador benefits have only just transitioned.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davidw70

Quick update. I asked reception who told me I needed to find Guest Services. I eventually found the person (who was not at her desk) and was told the $20 will be taken off the bill at check out. I was told also to take water from the mini bar and any charge would be reversed at check out. I did suggest they ought to tell people the process but I was told I was not informed as the Ambassador benefits have only just transitioned.
yeah. I think the customer service agent can do better. They are communicated about the new benefit months in advance, hence the leaked document. If they are not ready by the implementation date, it is entirely their fault. If I was you, I will press them further. That is unacceptable in my eyes.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:07 pm

I have signed up on 1 March for amb, but my IHG status is only Gold instead of Platinum. Sent an email to IHG amb, Still haven't heard back since then
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
March 1 was on Friday, today is Sunday, I wouldn't get nervous just yet...

Welcome to FT!
ginmqi and jasonfungsing like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: QANTAS, Oneworld
Originally Posted by jasonfungsing
I have signed up on 1 March for amb, but my IHG status is only Gold instead of Platinum. Sent an email to IHG amb, Still haven't heard back since then
I signed up on March 1st Sydney time, which turned out to still be Feb 28th wherever the transaction was processed.

Rewards Platinum Elite status attributes (higher bonus points etc) showed up immediately on my forward Rewards bookings, but it took about an hour for the displayed status level badging to change from Gold to Platinum.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
I have a few stays coming up and noticed a change in upgrade policy. I've always booked the highest non-club category room right below a suite to ensure my auto upgrade would get me the suite. My stays in both Bangkok and Tokyo have been pre-upgraded to the next category which are executive and club rooms. It was my understanding that in order to get club access, you'd always have to book a club room. Is it now possible to get a club room by booking the category below? Or is this just an auto computer upgrade that will be adjusted when checking in?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by FlyingKansan
I have a few stays coming up and noticed a change in upgrade policy. I've always booked the highest non-club category room right below a suite to ensure my auto upgrade would get me the suite. My stays in both Bangkok and Tokyo have been pre-upgraded to the next category which are executive and club rooms. It was my understanding that in order to get club access, you'd always have to book a club room. Is it now possible to get a club room by booking the category below? Or is this just an auto computer upgrade that will be adjusted when checking in?
At Madrid this weekend, I was told that to be upgraded to a Suite, I'd have to book the Executive room and pay the Club supplement, to qualify for the suite. I did it, but I wasn't particularly happy (club supplement was €64 pp).
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
I suppose it's safe to assume you do indeed need to book directly below the suite category now to get one. Hopefully this means club rooms are now accessible by booking directly below as well. Though this is a major devaluation for me as I travel for leisure almost exclusively and lounges are of very little use to me, I can see how this could be a huge plus for others, that is if Club rooms are now accessible without booking into one.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Do Ambassadors still get a 10% rebate on all points redeemed at any IHG property, and how long should it take for those points to post? I had a points stay in late May and still haven't gotten the 10% points redeemed.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Only if you renewed your Intercontinental Ambassador while this was offered (there are / were various offers available). If you did, you should get the points back 4 to 6 weeks after the stay booked on points.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I fear your upgrade to a Club room will get you exactly that and no access to the Club lounge !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.