Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerTalker688786
Ambassador programme will change on 1st February 2019. This will start with Royal Ambassador's benefits. Then, all other Ambassador will have new benefits from 1st March 2019.

For Royal Ambassadors, the new benefits starts from 1st FEB 2019 will be:
  1. EARLY CHECK-IN from 10AM (instead of 8AM)
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY [CONFIRMED AS IN GREATER CHINA REGION ONLY, On 1st March, it seems IHG quietly made a U-turn again, now this benefit only APPLIES TO IC HOTELS IN MAINLAND CHINA ONLY, Hong Kong IC hotels are excluded on the last minute U-turn.]
  3. UP TO TWO COMPLIMENTARY FULL BREAKFASTS PER DAY IF THERE IS NO CLUB LOUNGE
  4. UPTO 50USD/200RMB/400HKD MINIBAR CREDIT PER DAY (200USD/800RMB/1600HKD PER STAY MAX)
  5. WAIVED DESTINATION/AMENITY FEES
  6. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  7. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE (See below)
  8. [Officially Added Benefits] FREE NIGHTS AT AN IHG PROPERTY (capped at 70K points value)
  9. [Officially Added Benefits] HERTZ GOLD PLUS REWARDS PRESIDENTS' CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP

For all other Ambassadors, the new benefit starts on 1st MARCH 2019:
  1. GUARANTEED PLATINUM ELITE STATUS IN IHG REWARDS CLUB
  2. ONE COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST FOR EVERY NIGHT YOU STAY <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  3. COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE WITH E-DELIVERY
  4. WELCOME FRUIT PLATTER (instead of welcome fruits and gifts) <== Only for Greater China Stays !
  5. AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GUARANTEE
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR STAYS IN GREATER CHINA ONLY:
• One complimentary breakfast every night you stay
• 15% discount on restaurants and bars

AMBASSADOR BENEFIT GURANTEE work as bellow:
  1. Guaranteed Room Upgrade: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  2. 16:00 (4p.m.) Late Check-out: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit up to USD50, or 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points per stay, applies to InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador only;
  3. New Club InterContinental Lounge Access or alternative Club experience: Member must be given a food and beverage or Spa credit of USD100 per night, not exceeding the Club InterContinental upgrade supplement value, applies to Royal Ambassador only.
Print Wikipost

Changes to Ambassador from 1st March 2019 (now confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by boekel
doesn't help normally. I don't want to negotiate upfront or any uncertainty about which room upgrade I'm entitled to. The whole new t&c's clearly indicate where the program is heading to.
I agree it's not optimal, but it seems to be the nature of how IC hotels are managed by IHG. The one thing I know from staying at, maybe 70 different IC's, is that the vast majority go above and beyond these T's and C's. So I don't stress about it. I just know from experience to never try to book an award stays at most IC's in Asia, with a few exceptions. Or there is the IC Kiev, which used to be very generous before the Ukraine troubles began a few years ago, but maybe no longer that generous. So you avoid those properties and enjoy the good ones.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: IC Dia RA / Marriott LT Plat / WOH Globalist / Hilton Diamond / OZ Diamond Plus
Another downgrade for RA..

16. InterContinental Ambassador one category room upgrade and Royal Ambassador two category room upgrade exclude Presidential and Specialty Suites. Royal Ambassadors purchasing a suite category will receive a one category suite upgrade excluding Presidential and Specialty Suites.

I used to book suites and got 2 cat higher suites at most ICs but it looks like gone from now.. what a disaster..

I'm really not sure to continue to stay at ICs or move to Hyatt at this point

Last edited by scienm; Feb 2, 2019 at 2:27 am
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by stimpy
I agree it's not optimal, but it seems to be the nature of how IC hotels are managed by IHG. The one thing I know from staying at, maybe 70 different IC's, is that the vast majority go above and beyond these T's and C's. ..
Absolutely. But that attitude can come from the guest relations manager, or whoever sets how the hotel's implements IHG brand standards. For years one of my favourite ICs had a splendid chap who understood perfectly how to cultivate a relationship between the hotel, its frequent guests and IHG's frequent guests. The lounge offer and timings were pretty far from the new standards, but they were much appreciated by regulars.

He shifted to a new role in the hotel, and since then I've witnessed countless arguments about what exactly a two-level upgrade is and what benefits accrue to reward stays All rather depressing, but the new fellow cites brand standards and audits as driving the change. Perhaps he's new to the game and hasn't yet worked out that hotels enjoy a certain level of autonomy.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The Royal Ambassador Free Night night was posted in my account a few days ago.

And I still have a BOGO to use.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
The "Double occupancy for single room rate" has also disappeared.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Carel1
The "Double occupancy for single room rate" has also disappeared.
12. f. Single room rate for double occupancy
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
You are right, it is still mentioned in the T&C's.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
President's Circle and Free night not showing up yet

Maybe there is a glitch with the software, or maybe because I'm RA + Spire + InnerCircle, something interferes.

But:
  1. [Officially Added Benefits] FREE NIGHTS AT AN IHG PROPERTY (capped at 70K points value)
  2. [Officially Added Benefits] HERTZ GOLD PLUS REWARDS PRESIDENTS' CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP
I don't see (2) in the Royal Ambassador benefits nor can I link. I do see this in the benefits for InnerCircle, but have no option to do the status upgrade. I have previously linked my Hertz with my Spire, which gives me the lesser 5-star. Neither Hertz nor IHG customer service can figure it out. They all point me to the IHG rewards site, but I get no options. They've written up a customer service trouble ticket..

As for the Royal Ambassador free night, it showed up as: 02/01/2019 Royal Ambassador Free Night 0 pts
But there is no night showing up under free nights. I'm told now that you have to contact the IHG Rewards Support desk to book -- not sure if this is the workaround or the standard process.

Ditto the Kimpton InnerCircle New Hotel Free Night. I'm told you have to contact the hotel directly.

I would hope that they get the tech sorted out.

Last edited by vsevolod4; Feb 4, 2019 at 2:56 pm
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Originally Posted by stimpy
The Royal Ambassador Free Night night was posted in my account a few days ago.

And I still have a BOGO to use.
It posted for me as well:
02/01/2019 Royal Ambassador Free Night 0 pts

But I don't see it in my "free night status" and can't seem to figure out how to use it ...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
Maybe there is a glitch with the software, or maybe because I'm RA + Spire + InnerCircle, something interferes.

But:
  1. [Officially Added Benefits] FREE NIGHTS AT AN IHG PROPERTY (capped at 70K points value)
  2. [Officially Added Benefits] HERTZ GOLD PLUS REWARDS PRESIDENTS' CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP
I don't see (2) in the Royal Ambassador benefits nor can I link. I do see this in the benefits for InnerCircle, but have no option to do the status upgrade. I have previously linked my Hertz with my Spire, which gives me the lesser 5-star. Neither Hertz nor IHG customer service can figure it out. They all point me to the IHG rewards site, but I get no options.

As for the Royal Ambassador free night, it showed up as: 02/01/2019 Royal Ambassador Free Night 0 pts
But there is no night showing up under free nights.

Ditto the Kimpton InnerCircle New Hotel Free Night.

I would hope that they get the tech sorted out.
I don't see either nor do I see any way to do the Presidents Circle Upgrade.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I don't see either nor do I see any way to do the Presidents Circle Upgrade.
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President’s Circle®: This is an IHG Rewards Club opt-in member benefit that is offered to Royal Ambassador members. This benefit will be available in 2019 at a date to be confirmed
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by perthite
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President’s Circle®: This is an IHG Rewards Club opt-in member benefit that is offered to Royal Ambassador members. This benefit will be available in 2019 at a date to be confirmed
Until about 5 hours ago it said that this would be available on Feb 1, 2019 for Inner Circle members (I didn't see for RAs). I spent 88 minutes on a chat with IHG Customer service -- and also with Hertz. Neither was able to help. But later I got a call from InnerCircle, and they mentioned that the software to make this happen did not work, and then they changed the text as above. Previously it said:Also another benefit for Inner Circle is: Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President’s Circle® Membership Upon receiving status, Inner Circle members will enjoy Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President’s Circle® membership which will be available to register for via their IHG Reward Club account on February 1, 2019. (https://www.ihg.com/kimptonhotels/co...a/inner-circle)

Hopefully, soon.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
My free night has shown up in account activity and in the free night link under redeem its valid from now until the 30/12/19.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by shoven
My free night has shown up in account activity and in the free night link under redeem its valid from now until the 30/12/19.
Mine too

The weird thing about the Hertz President's Circle thing is that the equivalent for Hertz 5 Star worked perfectly last year, so not sure why this version does not work now?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Noticed the free night when it popped up on my awardwallet update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.