Address
Intercontinental Maldives Maamunagu Resort
Maamunagu Resort
Raa Atoll
Maldives
Tel + 960 6580500
Mail: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/maamunagau-island/mlemm/hoteldetail

Flight to airport (MLE)
Seaplane Round Trip
USD 580++ now 700++ per adult
USD 290++ now 350++ per child (3 -12 years of age)
children up to the age of 2 are free (but no seat)
(Post)

Rewards points:
120.000 Points

(According to this post, the hotel opens up reward inventory 3 month prior to stay date)

List of Digestifs at pool (daily between 20:00 - 22:00)
List in Post #48

Reports
Ambassador
Report of an Ambassador (on reward stay) in December 2019

Other
Pre Opening thread

Resort Menus in Post #140 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32883853-post140.html
Print Wikipost

InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:29 am

PSA: full payment is required in advance. My October reservation was auto-cancelled when I failed to pay in full.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well looks like reward nights have been loaded and at a whopping 100k a night. Yeah, nice move by IHG though not unexpected when you look at prices and see what Hilton did with the new Waldorf Maldives (120k points vs. 95k max). Good luck to anyone trying to secure your preferred nights / stay period.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:32 am

Don't forget the mandatory seaplane charge, 580 USD ++ per person, so about 1400 USD.

Will this hotel also make sure to let you feel as a paria just because you would use points instead of cash?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
It's an all Club Intercontinental resort so I hope that for 120k points you get the Club benifits???
Old Jul 20, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: Spire Ambassdor
All Club Intercontinental

I saw redeem 100000 point 1 month ago. but now i seach don't see Redeem Night - -"
jjakobv84 and cuthroat like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by jjakobv84
Pick resorts close to each other and the hotels can surely coordinate and arrange with one of their speedboats at whatever rate the hotel usually charges for it... If you're transferring to a hotel further away, the only option to not go through Male would probably be to private charter a seaplane... a costly choice for sure!
AFAIK this is not possible. No resorts will let you shuttle between them - tou basically HAVE to fly via Male. It’s stupid, and pointlessly expensive, but that’s how the Maldives work. This question’s been asked a number of times already and it seems nobody’s ever been able to get it done... sadly.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: Virgin Sky Club
Has anyone managed to book a room using points yet? Have had a look but the website shows no rooms available for points on several dates I've checked.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by hello98
Has anyone managed to book a room using points yet? Have had a look but the website shows no rooms available for points on several dates I've checked.
They must have realised that at 100,000 points it means rooms are around $400 with the usual IHG sales and that was completely unacceptable, so IHG is working extra hard to create a new category of “half rooms” where 100K gets you the entrance and the shoe closet, but not the bedroom - you’ll need to book _two_ rooms for that.

Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:04 am

I never heard of "all club" Intercontinental properties.
How can I tell if this resort (or any other IHG property) is all club or not?
Also, does it mean all guests get club lounge access?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by agjil
How can I tell if this resort (or any other IHG property) is all club or not?
On almost all the material about this hotel they write "the only all club InterContinental".
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by 336
On almost all the material about this hotel they write "the only all club InterContinental".
What does club InterContinental mean? All-inclusive or just a higher standard of rooms?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

AFAIK this is not possible. No resorts will let you shuttle between them - tou basically HAVE to fly via Male. It’s stupid, and pointlessly expensive, but that’s how the Maldives work. This question’s been asked a number of times already and it seems nobody’s ever been able to get it done... sadly.
hey I thought I shld reply this. Yes it was being coordinated but between holiday inn resort n local island resort. Hence a speedboat was catered just for me. Of course the distance was not far, probably about 15mins ride or more.

I also had encountered special offer on seaplane paying only 370usd (from 470usd).
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Berrysurprise

hey I thought I shld reply this. Yes it was being coordinated but between holiday inn resort n local island resort. Hence a speedboat was catered just for me. Of course the distance was not far, probably about 15mins ride or mo

I also had encountered special offer on seaplane paying only 370usd (from 470usd).
Very cool - good to know that this is at least sometimes possible!
Old Aug 20, 2019, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
What does club InterContinental mean? All-inclusive or just a higher standard of rooms?
I looked into this a little bit, and it appears that all rooms come with "Club" access. Therefore, something along the lines of half board. Seems there is breakfast and then some cocktails in the evenings (perhaps with canapes).

As for the rooms, this is the Maldives... There are no "rooms" at this new property, it's an all-villa property like most higher end hotels in the area.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:15 pm

Do we know how many points the base room will be?

Thanks
TD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.