Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Shanghai Wonderland (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
IC Shanghai Wonderland (Master Thread)

So this just opened, out of nowhere.. didnt even know this was happening ..? i didnt see this mentioned anywhere on this forum...

https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...cw.ma.ul.ki.va

https://www.shine.cn/news/metro/1811155196/

Looks superb though! No points availability yet however
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: IHG
Been waiting for this one for a while. The underwater rooms look stunning. Cash rates are high, and there was some award availability showing last week, albeit at 70'000 points per night..
Tim O'Brien likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:19 am

Does our last free certificate work with this? This does look amazing!!!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:53 pm

This was announced more than a decade ago as a Sheraton, I remember seeing articles at the time. There's a thread on the hotel at skyscrapercity, going back to 2006:

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=406493

I'm amazed they finally built it, and that it looks exactly like the original renderings from all those years ago.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:05 pm

Yes, I’m surprised there wasn’t a lot of mention of this hotel except for one post in the new hotel or upcoming openings thread.

I’ve been eyeing this for the last few months for an upcoming trip to Shanghai. I booked a rewards night the first day it opened up for reservations. Then they took rewards nights off a few days later. 70k points is no joke but given the price for a paid stay, it’s in line for decent redemption value. Eagerly awaiting this trip, still a few months away. Also waiting for interior pictures from travelers.

Last edited by db1234db1234; Nov 17, 2018 at 3:37 pm
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It looks frightful, I wouldn't go anywhere near it. Concept is dreadful and makes me shiver, somehow, somewhy. It would be a wonderful set piece for a disaster movie. Maybe something from the beginning of the film 2012.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:13 pm

I love the design! So unique, so different. Can’t wait to stay in it.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Looks very interesting certainly not your average looking property thats for sure.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by turner32
award availability showing last week, albeit at 70'000 points per night..
That's a lot!
Old Nov 22, 2018, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by barracuda93
That's a lot!
no doubt, but with a nightly rate of about Ą4,000 or $575usd or Ł450, it met my minimum threshold for reward night point redemptions. I wouldn’t have paid cash at that rate, however I’ll use points just to try it out.

Last edited by db1234db1234; Nov 22, 2018 at 9:16 pm
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I am staying there next month. Does anyone have any experience as a Spire Elite for what the benefits are? Hoping they extend club lounge access to me as a Spire even though I know that isn't always done
Old Dec 30, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Which IC anywhere in the world gives complimentary Club access to Spire based on that status? I'm not aware of any so wouldn't expect it at this property either.

Only RA will get Club.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I am staying there next month. Does anyone have any experience as a Spire Elite for what the benefits are? Hoping they extend club lounge access to me as a Spire even though I know that isn't always done
there really hasn’t been many reviews online at all for this hotel yet. Some media promos can be found from when they opened mid November but not many traveller reviews.

please post details of your stay, every bit of it. Room pics, restaurant pics, resort pics, everything! I can’t wait to see more of it. IHG website still only has renderings for the hotel, barely any real pics aside from a few room pics. Makes me wonder if everything is completed.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:22 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I added the hotel the IHG Hotel Master Thread List.

Is the location linked on google maps on the IHG homepage really right? The satelite map does not really match the pictures.

If I click on the linked address (https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...he/hoteldetail), I got this location

But it would not be the first time, that the location does not match the real location and it might also be me being in Germany ...

Last edited by FLYGVA; Dec 31, 2018 at 3:27 am
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
I added the hotel the IHG Hotel Master Thread List.

Is the location linked on google maps on the IHG homepage really right? The satelite map does not really match the pictures.

If I click on the linked address (https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...he/hoteldetail), I got this location

https://www.google.com/maps/search/C...21.2486702,14z

But it would not be the first time, that the location does not match the real location and it might also be me being in Germany ...
Google maps in most parts of china is off. The location of the satellite image and the map does not match. If I remember correctly it is a few hundred meters to the left and a little to the north.
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by Unterwegs; Jan 4, 2019 at 11:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.