family beach holiday in thailand winter 2019

Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Blue
family beach holiday in thailand winter 2019

I'm (rather late in the day!) looking to organise our family (me, wife, 9 yo daughter and 1.5 yo son) winter holiday, around Chinese New Year-ish time (late Jan/ early Feb). Vote is for a beach holiday, with perhaps a city break thrown in. We've been to Phuket a couple of times, last time ~4 years ago: Doubletree Surin (RIP), which we loved. I have a lot of IHG points, and would ideally like to use those for the trip.

My initial thought was IC Hua Hin: we could get a taxi from BKK, and also stay in BKK before/ afterwards. But the only points availability for the next 12 months (!!!) appears to be in December (is that a glitch??). Our priorities are close to a decent beach (doesn't have to be honeymoon spectacular, but clean water), easy access to inexpensive meals (occasional splurge fine, but not for every meal), and ideally, not having to get a secondary flight from BKK, since we've neer been to Bangkok and thought we would also stay there for a few nights. However, since we might not be flying direct from PEK, I'm open to alternatives that are not easily reachable by driving from BKK.

Although Pattaya the town has no attractions for us, the IC Pattaya appears to be rather secluded: but would we be "stuck" at the hotel in terms of food options? We loved being able to go to beach stalls/ restaurants at Surin beach, is something similar available? And what about the water/ beach itself at Pattaya?

Suggestions most welcome!

tb
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I've always been fond of the HI Mai Khao on Phuket. Quite secluded although there are few local places along the beach to get some food...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.