Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC London o2. Help on room choice for Plat Ambassador using weekend Bogof cert

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.

Just wondered if anyone could give some advice as to which they think would be the best choice of room to book for an upcoming stay at the o2 IC in London. I'm a Platinum Ambassador and I'll be using my Ambassador weekend voucher for the free second night. I've never stayed at the o2 IC before, always stayed at the IC on Park Lane.

On the date I'm staying, for exactly the same price I can either book a King Deluxe Suite (which I think is a junior suite, looking at the description) or a King Club IC room (to give me access to the club lounge). Apart from the breakfast the lounge access won't give me much as I'm not going to be around a great deal in the day or for the drinks early evening, so I'd much rather get a nicer room than have the lounge access. Am I right in thinking I'll get more chance of a better room/suite upgrade by booking the King Deluxe Suite over the King Club IC room?

Any other useful tips would be welcome too as a newbie to this hotel. Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:21 am

Stayed there in August for a week, and booked the King Club IC, and ended up in a corner riverview jr suite. It was a nice room. Really enjoyed the sky bar, the lounge was good, and the pool was nice for a little relaxation.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I stayed over New Years eve 2017-2018, booked a King Club IC which was £296 for Dec. 30th and £446 for the second free Amb. Certificat night, was an excellent deal as I had to pay the cheapest first night. Unfortunately since the hotel was fully booked the pre-assigned upgrade was not what we hoped for, but the Club manager spent a lot of time and effort to find a nicer suite that was initially given to a Gold Ambassador, while I'm Spire. Ended up in some kind of high floor Canary Wharf view Junior Suite, we were satisfied. If you don't want to have breakfast then definately go for King Deluxe Suite as it will give you a higher guaranteed Ambassador upgrade; if you do plan to have breakfast for more than one person in the morning, bare in mind that the hotel is in a remote area where breakfast options are limited and paying twice for the breakfast in the hotel restaurant will probably set you back more than the Club IC access which is also free for the second Amb. BOGO night.

Last edited by Stealthmode; Nov 5, 2018 at 6:06 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Stayed there in August for a week, and booked the King Club IC, and ended up in a corner riverview jr suite. It was a nice room. Really enjoyed the sky bar, the lounge was good, and the pool was nice for a little relaxation.
Thanks, really looking forward to the Sky Bar. For some reason I had forgotten all about the pool, so I'll remember to pack my trunks :-) Cheers for the reminder. I'm tempted to go for the Club room to see what the lounge is like here, but I just don't think I'm going to get much chance to enjoy it, so I'll probably go for the Suite over the Club room this time in the hope of getting the better upgrade....
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stealthmode
I stayed over New Years eve 2017-2018, booked a King Club IC which was £296 for Dec. 30th and £446 for the second free Amb. Certificat night, was an excellent deal as I had to pay the cheapest first night. Unfortunately since the hotel was fully booked the pre-assigned upgrade was not what we hoped for, but the Club manager spent a lot of time and effort to find a nicer suite that was initially given to a Gold Ambassador, while I'm Spire. Ended up in some kind of high floor Canary Wharf view Junior Suite, we were satisfied. If you don't want to have breakfast then definately go for King Deluxe Suite as it will give you a higher guaranteed Ambassador upgrade; if you do plan to have breakfast for more than one person in the morning, bare in mind that the hotel is in a remote area where breakfast options are limited and paying twice for the breakfast in the hotel restaurant will probably set you back more than the Club IC access which is also free for the second Amb. BOGO night.
Thanks, I'm showing the same kind of rate for my first night too, on both the Club room and the King Deluxe Suite. Usually I would definitely go for the Club room to get lounge access and breakfast for both nights, but I'm edging more to the King Deluxe Suite for this stay just because I don't think I'll be able to use the lounge much. And I'm on a health and fitness regime at the moment too :-) so breakfast isn't so important for me either.....but thanks for the tip about it being a bit remote. Actually It's a bit frustrating as there's no sensibly priced suite option with Club access - the price jumps from £299 for the King Deluxe Suite up to £519 for the City Intercontinental Suite. And Club definitely isn't worth £220 to me. I wonder how much they charge for lounge access if I wanted to buy it as an addition? Again, probably too much to make it worthwhile this stay.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by AMDB7
Thanks, I'm showing the same kind of rate for my first night too, on both the Club room and the King Deluxe Suite. Usually I would definitely go for the Club room to get lounge access and breakfast for both nights, but I'm edging more to the King Deluxe Suite for this stay just because I don't think I'll be able to use the lounge much. And I'm on a health and fitness regime at the moment too :-) so breakfast isn't so important for me either.....but thanks for the tip about it being a bit remote. Actually It's a bit frustrating as there's no sensibly priced suite option with Club access - the price jumps from £299 for the King Deluxe Suite up to £519 for the City Intercontinental Suite. And Club definitely isn't worth £220 to me. I wonder how much they charge for lounge access if I wanted to buy it as an addition? Again, probably too much to make it worthwhile this stay.
When they first opened Club was £75 per two people although on the last half dozen stays it’s been £50 IIRC. I’ve also taken breakfast in the restaurant when purchasing club. I haven’t stayed for about five months though so it may have changed, prob best to check beforehand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.