Wiki Posts
Search

Can the Chase free night be extended?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Can the Chase free night be extended?

Can it be extended? Mine is expiring next month. If not, can i book it past expiration date
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:22 am

No and No. I am in the same situation. I called Chase five days ago. The representative tried to book past expiration date one week without success and he said he cannot extend.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
I have booked beyond expiration date with no problem

Originally Posted by happyvoid
Can it be extended? Mine is expiring next month. If not, can i book it past expiration date
I have booked rooms several times past the expiration date with no problem. You do have to book it before it expires but it can be a couple of months in the future. About a year ago I called and they told me the only problem is you cant change the reservation but I have even changed the date on one recently that was 3 months past.

Last edited by rrohio; Oct 26, 2018 at 7:33 am Reason: /
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:21 am

Unlikely. A friend and I had/have reward nights expiring this month. I called and was denied. Sent an email and never received a response. Decided to use it the last day and it had already disappeared (6pm cst)! I contacted IHG through FB and the rep responded with info about my second certificate expiring next year so I explained again it was one that was supposed to be good til that day. She told me to call which I did, explained the issue and that I wanted to book something that night so she put me on hold to inform her manager (US rep). She came back stating the manager gave me a one-time exception and the new certificate would expire Oct of next year. Got lucky but they made me feel like they were doing me favor even though the reward was removed six hour early.
My friend emailed them about his and got reps in the Philippines. The first one responded with some nonsense about points, totally unrelated to the question. So he replied again and tried to word it for those with a poor grasp of English. The second rep responded with info about his certificate expiring next year. Lol, why do they do this? Why would someone be emailing about a certificate that doesn't expire for a whole year? I hate dealing with reps from that country. He's going to call in a little bit and I'll update. Wish they were like Marriott.
Update: denied by US rep over the phone and again by email.

Last edited by diseased; Oct 27, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Deleted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.