Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Principal hotels UK joins IHG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Has anybody actually had the free night for two stays from this offer, post to their account yet?
if so how long did it take and what format?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by adobbing
Has anybody actually had the free night for two stays from this offer, post to their account yet?
if so how long did it take and what format?
Took a few days and shows as an electronic free night
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles

Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: IHG
Yes. It posted at the same time the second stay posted to the account. Log into your account, and once the page has loaded it's there on the left hand side underneath your points balance. It should say "1 free night" in orange type.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:51 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Had an excellent weekend stay at the Voco St David’s in Cardiff, Pre-upgraded a month before the stay to premium king and a couple of days beforehand to a suite. Wonderful room with a double balcony overlooking the bay, great spa, fab restaurant meal - all really, really good. It’s refurbishment hasn’t brought it back to its Forte days but that was always going to be a struggle and now I reckon it’s a rock solid place which I’ll definitely revisit! Received my free night certificate into my account a couple of days after the stay posted.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:44 pm

Any ETA on the once IC / once Principle, now to be IC again in Edinburgh? Seem to remember was end of Summer 2019 but curious to know where things stand just now.

Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:09 am

I emailed them about this. They said they didn't know. They are having to upgrade the air-con and some other aspects of the property before it becomes an IC. I asked about a club lounge, and again they do not yet know whether they will provide one.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by turner32
I emailed them about this. They said they didn't know. They are having to upgrade the air-con and some other aspects of the property before it becomes an IC. I asked about a club lounge, and again they do not yet know whether they will provide one.
Thanks for the update Ian
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold

I used that free night at an high end IC. Ironically I got full points and even cashback....
Old Sep 16, 2019, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone stayed at Blythswood Sq, Glasgow?
Old Sep 16, 2019, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
Has anyone stayed at Blythswood Sq, Glasgow?
Yes, great place, massive suite upgrade, terrible accent.
hugolover and dk9 like this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Any ETA on the once IC / once Principle, now to be IC again in Edinburgh? Seem to remember was end of Summer 2019 but curious to know where things stand just now.

Thanks

Just a chaser on the IC Edinburgh .... anyone know of any progress or ETA? Cheers

Looks like it's open .... maybe not news for others but for me! :-)

https://www.intercontinental.com/hot...&icdv=99603195

Last edited by FLYGVA; Oct 4, 2019 at 11:37 am
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Looks like it's open .... maybe not news for others but for me! :-)

https://www.intercontinental.com/hot...&icdv=99603195
Not exactly responsive to their emails though.

One of the slightly hidden benefits of the Principal acquisition is that most if not all former Principal hotels seem to be dog friendly.

I emailed the IC Edinburgh on this topic a day ago and still don't have a response so in that respect they are a typical IC and fully assimilated in ignoring guest emails as too troublesome to deal with.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:10 am

Not exactly responsive to their emails though.

One of the slightly hidden benefits of the Principal acquisition is that most if not all former Principal hotels seem to be dog friendly.

I emailed the IC Edinburgh on this topic a day ago and still don't have a response so in that respect they are a typical IC and fully assimilated in ignoring guest emails as too troublesome to deal with.
Is the impression I got LOM. Not the apex of balanced opinion but Trip Advisor reviews are, shall we say .... patchy. I took a look to get a feel when it opened. Seems a good few reviews the last two months.

Is ironic ... I stayed here back in 1990 when it was indeed an IC! The service level was equally patchy then as well. As I was something of a newbie to 5 star at that age and so anything went but I rather quickly got to understand that it was not on the money. Let's hope they get up to speed soon ... is an interesting option for the city.

From what I read it does not have a lounge that I can see. Mind in fairness I usually get quick responses from most IC's.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:19 am

I would guess that the Principal in York may well become in Intercontinental. They're installing aircon, and most of the hard product is very good. It's the service which lets it down. This is what happens when you employ 14 year old kids to run your F+B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.