Search

Virgin Atlantic Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Virgin Atlantic Miles?

Hi

I've read various threads/posts about Virgin Atlantic points and it seems like they no longer count as elite qualifying? I'm currently about 12,000 points (and a bit) short of achieving Spire Elite and I have enough VA points to transfer to make up the difference but does anybody know if it's certain that this no longer works as what I read was a bit conflicting, some said it no longer worked, some said it had for them.

I have 13 upcoming stays next year booked so far - so I think the 100% bonus points (plus the 25,000 choice benefit) would be beneficial but I only have 1 stay upcoming for the rest of this year and not sure whether it's worth pursuing it other ways if VA is out of the question now?

Thanks
Steve
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:45 pm

Sounds like you need the IHG card.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
No longer works, and Spire isn't worth it.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Spire isn't worth it.
Thats not everyone’s opinion, I’ve had hundreds if not thousands of pounds worth of upgrades from it.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Yes it is certain that it no longer works.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by skitchen
Hi

I've read various threads/posts about Virgin Atlantic points and it seems like they no longer count as elite qualifying? I'm currently about 12,000 points (and a bit) short of achieving Spire Elite and I have enough VA points to transfer to make up the difference but does anybody know if it's certain that this no longer works as what I read was a bit conflicting, some said it no longer worked, some said it had for them.

I have 13 upcoming stays next year booked so far - so I think the 100% bonus points (plus the 25,000 choice benefit) would be beneficial but I only have 1 stay upcoming for the rest of this year and not sure whether it's worth pursuing it other ways if VA is out of the question now?

Thanks
Steve
if you want spire at 75k points, assuming you are further away on stays , simplest and cheapest is ..... two more USD100++ 1night stays booking the ihg authoised 5000pt bonus rate night rate where the 5k is EQP

only book 5k versions as the 10k bonus point nights that are sometimes advertised&provided are by hotels (not ihg) and the 10k bonus is thus non-qual-points
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Thats not everyone’s opinion, I’ve had hundreds if not thousands of pounds worth of upgrades from it.

Upgrades you would never have paid for yourself and you could never rely upon because IHG upgrades are a lottery at best (and you'd probably also get as Platinum IME)... Enjoy those "thousands of pounds" you saved.

Is IHG Spire better than IHG nobody? Of course. Is IHG Spire better than the top tier status for most other hotel chains... not even remotely.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Upgrades you would never have paid for yourself and you could never rely upon because IHG upgrades are a lottery at best (and you'd probably also get as Platinum IME)... Enjoy those "thousands of pounds" you saved.
Where did I say ‘saved’? You seem bizarrely angry about someone having a different experience to your own. I feel that I do very well out of Spire, I’m entitled to my own opinion.

Last edited by Keefy-boy; Sep 28, 2018 at 3:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.