Do you get the 25,000 bonus points every year as a Spire member

Old May 25, 2020, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by perthite
There was a change made after the first year of Spire where gifted Spire members did not receive the 25K. However, if you retained Spire by earning it, then they paid the 25K.

There is the exception this year, which is a one off, where they are extending Spire and giving the 25K.
Thanks, I wonder what defines gifted? As Ill have earned Spire this year, albeit via credit card spend, I wonder if theyll award the 25k twice, once through earning and secondly via this years exception. Doubtful I guess?
Old May 28, 2020, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I got Spire from a status match in fall of 2019 and never had the required nights to extend it. Yet since then I'm Spire and a few months ago was able to pick the 25k for whatever reason.

IMHO there is a shocking level of inconsistency in IHG's system. They seem to have no control over who retains what status.
336 likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 1:37 am

Ihg, consistently inconsistent.
Old May 28, 2020, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I got Spire from a status match in fall of 2019 and never had the required nights to extend it. Yet since then I'm Spire and a few months ago was able to pick the 25k for whatever reason.

IMHO there is a shocking level of inconsistency in IHG's system. They seem to have no control over who retains what status.
But maybe best not to knock it on those few occasions you benefit from their inescapable inconsistency .

I've learned to be grateful when, say, I get lounge access at a CP, rather than pissed off when I don't. It's anger management
Old May 28, 2020, 11:31 am

I'm curious; what it your Spire expiration date?
Old May 28, 2020, 7:47 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond

How long was the status match for. It would be no surprise for a status match last year to still be in place..
Old May 29, 2020, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by klanfa
I'm curious; what it your Spire expiration date?
Good question. The card only says 05/2021 after the recent extension of Ambassador this week but I believe the Spire itself was also affected by the general extension of all memberships.
Old May 29, 2020, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by perthite
How long was the status match for. It would be no surprise for a status match last year to still be in place..
Only a few months per T&C. I only stayed a few nights, certainly not enough to make the threshold for extension. I have both IHG cc's so won't fall below Platinum either way.
Old May 29, 2020, 4:54 am

Good question. The card only says 05/2021 after the recent extension of Ambassador this week but I believe the Spire itself was also affected by the general extension of all memberships.
Interesting, since I haven't seen my Sprite extended just yet.
Old May 29, 2020, 6:49 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Ahh! Ambassador extensions are well known for also extending Spire. It will have been the Ambassador extension that moved your Spire expiry along.
Old May 30, 2020, 4:56 am

Roughly long after requalifying for Spire, as an existing Spire, does the 25k bonus take to become available?
Old May 30, 2020, 9:33 pm

Programs: Southwest, United, Marriott, Avis
Where can you check your status expiration?
Old May 31, 2020, 1:09 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Where can you check your status expiration?
Look on your account click on 2020 Track to Elite Status
Old May 31, 2020, 6:39 am

What would be the best email or tel# to reach out to IHG to discuss spire (bonus) issues?
Old May 31, 2020, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Roughly long after requalifying for Spire, as an existing Spire, does the 25k bonus take to become available?
I was requalified due to my Ambassador membership in November. The bonus was available in February.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.