FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Promo (possibly targeted): Elite Fast Track or Double Points + 2K Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1930644-promo-possibly-targeted-elite-fast-track-double-points-2k-bonus.html)

bob12403 Sep 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Promo (possibly targeted): Elite Fast Track or Double Points + 2K Bonus

H/T to Loyalty Lobby for this one: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...PMCookies=true
Promotion runs September 1-November 30. Basically it's a choice of one of the following:
1. Stay two nights and earn Gold Elite status. Stay five nights and earn Platinum Elite status. Plus 2,000 points on every Crowne Plaza® stay.
OR
2. Earn double points on all stays up to 20,000 points. Plus 2,000 points on every Crowne Plaza® stay.

BUT: the T&C contains this puzzling language: "The Your Choice Offer (“Offer”) allows full time employees of an Eligible Company to choose between a status and points offer for earning. The Offer is valid for qualified stays September 1, 2018 – November 30, 2018 (“Offer Period”) which are booked through ihg.com or Eligible Company booking tool...
Only employees of selected companies are eligible for this offer. Please check with your travel program if you are unsure."

demue Sep 14, 2018 10:57 pm

Definitely targeted. I got an email and aside from having to register it also specified the company I work for and requires the booking to be done through our corporate travel portal or using our company's corporate code via IHG website to count as qualifying nights.

flyupfrnt Sep 16, 2018 6:19 pm

It allowed me to register using the link above. Too bad I didn't do it last week before a 3 night stay, lol

Jon Maiman Sep 17, 2018 7:19 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 30205446)
Definitely targeted. I got an email and aside from having to register it also specified the company I work for and requires the booking to be done through our corporate travel portal or using our company's corporate code via IHG website to count as qualifying nights.

I also got the email; however, it didn't specify the company I work for nor how I have to book stays. That said, I typically book stays using my company's corporate code via the IHG website. Mine also included an extra 2000 points for Crowne Plaza Stays.

--Jon

AndrewAndDebbie Sep 17, 2018 8:53 am

Only employees of selected companies are eligible for this offer.
I'm not going to risk it.

demue Sep 19, 2018 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman (Post 30212646)
I also got the email; however, it didn't specify the company I work for nor how I have to book stays. That said, I typically book stays using my company's corporate code via the IHG website. Mine also included an extra 2000 points for Crowne Plaza Stays.

--Jon

Exact wording of the email:

Dear demue,

As a valued traveller of XYZ Corporation we’d like to extend a special invite to you.
Business travel is always made better with choices, and we’re giving you two amazing options to choose from. - Earn double points on all stays up to 20,000 points OR
- Fast track to Gold Elite in 2 nights (usually 10), or Platinum Elite in 5 nights (usually 40)
Register today and stay for business or leisure from now to 30 November to earn even more bonus points, or Elite status faster. A lot faster.

From the T&Cs which seem to be slightly different. YMMV

Your Choice Offer Terms & Conditions
The Your Choice Offer (“Offer”) allows full time employees of an Eligible Company to choose between a status and points offer for earning. The Offer is valid for qualified stays September 1, 2018 – November 30, 2018 (“Offer Period”) which are booked through ihg.com or Eligible Company booking tool. Members must register for IHG Rewards Club to participate in the Offer. The two Offers are mutually exclusive – members cannot register to earn both double points and Elite Status offers. Once a member is registered for one offer, they cannot un-register. Below are the terms for each offer.

I. Your Choice – Elite Status
All full time employees of an Eligible Company, who register in advance and stay at any IHG hotel between September 1, 2018 and November 30, 2018 (“Offer Period”) which are booked through ihg.com or Eligible Company booking tool will earn Gold Elite status after two (2) qualifying nights and Platinum Elite status after five (5) qualifying nights during the B2B Earn Elite Status Faster offer, plus 2,000 bonus points for each qualified stay at Crowne Plaza® Hotels (“Offer”). Eligible Company employees must be legal residents in a country in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Greater China Regions and must book their stay using the corresponding IHG corporate travel booking codes through the Eligible Company corporate booking tool or book direct at ihg.com . Eligible Company employees are eligible to receive the Offer, up to five qualifying nights to earn maximum Platinum Elite status and the 2,000 bonus points once per stay at Crowne Plaza® Hotels. Status upgrades and points are awarded pursuant to the IHG Rewards Club membership terms and conditions found at ihgrewardsclub.com.
Only employees of selected companies are eligible for this offer. Please check with your travel program if you are unsure.
The Offer is valid on reservations consumed during the Offer Period. Reservations consumed prior to registration or outside the Offer Period will not be eligible for the Offer. This Offer is available for each new booking/Stay during the Offer Period.
Offer status upgrade will be awarded into each member’s IHG Rewards Club account within six weeks of completed stays and following Eligible Company employee verification. Once a Member receives status upgrade during this Offer, the Member may keep such status through the 2019 calendar year after which the status must be earned for the 2020 calendar year and beyond in accordance with the IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions. Bonus points will be deposited in will be deposited in October 2018 for all completed and qualified September 2018 Stays; in November 2018 for all completed and qualified October 2018 Stays; in December 2018 for all completed and qualified November 2018 Stays; and following Eligible Company employee verification.
Bookings must be made through designated corporate booking tool or direct at ihg.com. Bookings made through on line travel agencies or other reservations sites will not be included in this Offer. IHG reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Offer if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper administration of the Offer. Offer and members are subject to the IHG Rewards Club membership terms and conditions. For an overview on IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions, click here. For questions on the offer, please email [email protected].

II. Your Choice – Double Points
All full time employees of an Eligible Company, who register in advance and stay at any IHG hotel between September 1, 2018 and November 30, 2018 (“Offer Period”) which are booked through ihg.com or Eligible Company booking tool will earn double points on each stay up to 20,000 points total (“Offer”). Eligible Company employees will earn double points, plus an additional 2,000 bonus points for each qualified stay at Crowne Plaza® Hotels. The additional 2,000 points per at Crowne Plaza® Hotels stay will not count toward the 20,000 max double point earnings. Eligible Company employees must be legal residents in a country in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Greater China Regions and must book their stay using the corresponding IHG corporate travel booking codes through the Eligible Company corporate booking tool or book direct at ihg.com. Eligible Company employees are eligible to receive the Offer, up to 20,000 points maximum, as well as the additional 2,000 bonus points once per stay at Crowne Plaza® Hotels. Points are awarded pursuant to the IHG Rewards Club membership terms and conditions found at ihgrewardsclub.com.
Only employees of selected companies are eligible for this offer. Please check with your travel program if you are unsure.
The Offer is valid on reservations consumed during the Offer Period. Reservations consumed prior to registration or outside the Offer Period will not be eligible for the Offer. This Offer is available for each new booking/stay during the Offer Period.
Offer points will be awarded into each member’s IHG Rewards Club account within six weeks of completed stays and following Eligible Company employee verification. Bonus points will be deposited in October 2018 for all completed and qualified September 2018 Stays; in November 2018 for all completed and qualified October 2018 Stays; in December 2018 for all completed and qualified November 2018 Stays; and following Eligible Company employee verification. Bonus points earned through the ‘Q3 Your Choice’ offer are non-Elite qualifying points meaning they do not count towards Elite status.
Bookings must be made through designated corporate booking tool or direct at ihg.com. Bookings made through on line travel agencies or other reservations sites will not be included in this Offer. IHG reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Offer if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper administration of the Offer. Offer and members are subject to the IHG Rewards Club membership terms and conditions. For an overview on IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions, click here. For questions on the offer, please email [email protected].

Jon Maiman Sep 20, 2018 1:30 pm

My letter:

Dear Jonathan,https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/pr...016/spacer.gif

Business travel is always made better with choices, and we’re giving you two amazing options to choose from.

- Earn double points on all stays up to 20,000 points OR
- Fast track to Gold Elite in 2 nights (usually 10), or Platinum Elite in 5 nights (usually 40)

Register today and stay for business or leisure from now to November 30, 2018 to earn even more bonus points, or Elite status faster. A lot faster.

--Jon

BaconSF Sep 22, 2018 3:40 am

I’m already a platinum elite and accidentally chose the elite status promo rather than the double points. Any chance getting them to switch the promo? As the elite promo serves no value

demue Sep 22, 2018 11:33 pm

I have not heard of reports where folks were able to unregister from a promo and sign up for the correct one. It will likely be agonizing conversations with IHG Rewards Support and a positive outcome is highly unlikely.

For what its worth, I'm Spire and got also the option of Gold & Platinum presented. "Personalization" not.

hoangb Oct 21, 2018 6:23 am

I am wondering if award stays are counted for this promo? It only says eligible stays.

demue Oct 21, 2018 7:34 am

By IHG definition award stays are not eligible as they are non-qualifying. This isn't Hilton.

Cruban Nov 1, 2018 6:20 am

Has anybody managed to get their fast track status yet?
My promo was 5 nights to get Platinum, which I achieved about 3 weeks ago but still nothing.

est-gratuite Nov 14, 2018 4:27 am

Anyone have success with this promo ?

demue Nov 15, 2018 3:06 am

I had the bonus points for the first stay I made after signing up (using the targeted email) posted last week. It took about 2months. The promo T&Cs indicate 6-8 weeks IIRC and looks like they mean it.

Flying Lawyer Nov 15, 2018 8:10 am

Total of Double points and 2х2000 for СP rolled in November 2nd