Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:02 am

Today I looked at the double your promotions promo and at the bottom underneath the last option of complete 3 out of 4 tasks......Now I have one that says stay 3 times and get 6,000 points. Anyone else get that now?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:13 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Today I looked at the double your promotions promo and at the bottom underneath the last option of complete 3 out of 4 tasks......Now I have one that says stay 3 times and get 6,000 points. Anyone else get that now?
Possibly a targeted offer for you. I do not see it in my dashboard. What other tasks have you been offered previously?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:59 am

What counts as a 'brand'?

I too was wondering about what qualifies as a brand? I've got a decent challenge and one final brand to stay at before end of December. Was trying to choose between a HI and a soon to be branded Kimpton. The latter is available to book on IHG, but doesn't yet have the Kimpton branding.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by robotboy
I too was wondering about what qualifies as a brand? I've got a decent challenge and one final brand to stay at before end of December. Was trying to choose between a HI and a soon to be branded Kimpton. The latter is available to book on IHG, but doesn't yet have the Kimpton branding.
The key point is whether it is an official Kimpton property at the time of stay.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by hclee01
Possibly a targeted offer for you. I do not see it in my dashboard. What other tasks have you been offered previously?
In the exact order:

1. Earn Double Points On Every Stay, Starting with your second stay, up to 15,000 points.
2. Stay at 3 Holiday Inn's
3. Book 2 stays with IHG APP
4. Book 6 bonus point packages
5. Achievement Bonus when you complete 3 of 4 offers from above.

Then underneath those all of a sudden yesterday this posts.

Stay 3 times and get 6,000 bonus points. I click on the terms and it says the 3rd qualifying stay must be completed between September 16th and December 16th.

Now I think this is a error because normally they will say stay a additional 3 nights.....blah blah

I have already stayed more then 3 nights. I just had a stay Thursday night so lets see if that stay posts underneath this promo

Also If I do print preview it shoes the other 7 options people can get and the 3 nights for 6,000 points is the 6th one down.

Last edited by Marriott15; Nov 30, 2018 at 11:14 pm Reason: More infor
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:21 am

So that stay did activate one of the stay 3 times get 6,000 points.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
So, regarding the double points offer where it says "up to 15,000"?

If all other tasks are fulfilled, and I don't reach the 15K max on double points, do I qualify for the achievement bonus? Or do you have to get to 15000? That part isn't clear to me.

(And does this even matter now that the double points have been made unlimited thru year end?)
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:26 am

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: Skypass, IHG
It is indeed frustrating. Seems like they have closed my case with this email:

Hello Mr. hclee01,

I see you spoke with my colleagues. Thank you for writing back!

My name is DXXX and I'm sorry for the confusion and inconvenience this matter has caused to you. I wish to confirm that the maximize points earning for this promotion is only 15,000 points. Since you already reached the maximum earnings, succeeding stays will no longer earn double points.

Nonetheless, you can be sure that your comments are properly documented in reference number 10XXXXXX. We take feedback seriously and rest assured that we'll do our best to improve our promotions.

In the meantime, please let us know if you need anything else; we're always here to help.

Kind regards,
I got more or less same response. So for IHG Double Points Unlimited is still limited to 15,000. Those agents are clueless and / or IHG departments don't work together on promotions.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by t_cliff
I got more or less same response. So for IHG Double Points Unlimited is still limited to 15,000. Those agents are clueless and / or IHG departments don't work together on promotions.
Can I check where are you based? I was told by agents that the unlimited bonus points is limited to US and UK based members only.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
I checked out on Sunday and the last bonus points that I needed for the 15,000 Bonus Points posted. That triggered my Achievement Bonus.

All together, I got 160,000 from the challenge plus about 40,000 in base points, Spire elite bonus points, and credit card points.

These 200,000 points cost me about $1800 and 12 nights in 10 stays.

I drive thru the central US quite a bit and do find plenty of 15,000 to 20,000 hotels to use these. As such, this whole thing was pretty good value, almost a free night for every one that I paid for.

I would also like to note that the postings of the stays and points have been quick and clean this time.

Of course having accomplished a big challenge, my next one will probably be too big to do. If it is, we will switch over to my wife's challenge.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
So are those hidden mission valid? If so I would've scored them all by now...

my original offers were bad. Stay once to earn a platinum status. When I signed up for this offer I was already a platinum. Emailed IHG and they offered me 6000 pts in return.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Can I check where are you based? I was told by agents that the unlimited bonus points is limited to US and UK based members only.
US based. I followed up with IHG and the agent replied I was automatically signed up for the bonus point unlimited AFTER my stays. So essentially it is unlimited eligible only after the stays which you attained the 15K bonus. There was no fine print on this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Is a stay checking in on Dec. 31 considered "inclusive"?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Is a stay checking in on Dec. 31 considered "inclusive"?
With the vagaries of IHG's IT systems, "inCONclusive" might be a better term.

You might get it, but I certainly wouldn't rely on it if it's critical for an important target.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.