Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
It says "Double Your Stay. Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 15,000 bonus points." In the details it does not say it's completed only if you get all the 15k points. The way I read it was that as long as you doubled the points on a single stay ("double your stay"), the task should be complete and that, in addition to that, you could get further pts up to 15k.
Edited: yes, I have a complete all task bonus. It's 4/4 so needs to include that one.
In my opinion, data points beat interpreting iHG's murky rules.

Upthread, at least one person did one double points earning stay, and the task was marked as only 2% completed or something like that, while you would think it would have to be marked 100% completed to count toward 4/4 or whatever.

So that datapoint leads to the opposite conclusion from "the way your read it".
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch

Upthread, at least one person did one double points earning stay, and the task was marked as only 2% completed or something like that, while you would think it would have to be marked 100% completed to count toward 4/4 or whatever.

I agree. I can obtain up to 15,000 points under the "Double your stay" task/offer, and the percentage complete shown in the status tracker simply relates to what proportion of the 15,000 points I've so far been awarded. I'm not expectiing the task to show as complete until/unless I've been awarded all 15,000 points, and after that I'm not expecting to receive any further points for that particular task.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 9:36 pm

For the Stay at n Brands task what does a stay at The Watermark Hotel count as?
https://www.ihg.com/spnd/hotels/us/e...cw.ma.ul.ki.va
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by sdsearch

I know there's other interpretations and have been mentioned. I was merely responding to the other poster. It would seem as if that my reading was wrong, due to what we're seeing on our screens (% completion). But it's kind of absurd we are not sure of what the target is. Typical IHG. I agree that most likely all pts need to be awarded for the target to be completed.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Do multiple rooms during a stay accrue double points valid for the promotion?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 8:48 am

So are those "hidden tasks" (that are only visible in print preview mode) real? Or is it just a technical glitch?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by wobbly wings
It says "Double Your Stay. Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 15,000 bonus points." In the details it does not say it's completed only if you get all the 15k points. The way I read it was that as long as you doubled the points on a single stay ("double your stay"), the task should be complete and that, in addition to that, you could get further pts up to 15k.
Edited: yes, I have a complete all task bonus. It's 4/4 so needs to include that one.
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
One nice thing about this challenge is that the stays seem to be posting pretty quickly.

I had about 7500 bonus points from last week and my 15,000 bonus point task is showing 50% completed. So, that sure smells like you will need all 15,000 points for the task to complete.

So, I have another 7500 points and another weekend stay to go. Already hotel hopped to get my '5 different brands' and easily did the '2 app bookings'. That will be my '4 of 4'.

I should get about 180,000 points from all that, plus 15,000 spire elite points, plus 15,000 ihg credit card points, if I can get this done.
Does “Double your stay” refer to BASE points, or total points, i.e. including elite bonus etc...?

My bonus says 30,000 points for double stay
something like 3,000 points for two app bookings
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Does “Double your stay” refer to BASE points, or total points, i.e. including elite bonus etc...?

My bonus says 30,000 points for double stay
something like 3,000 points for two app bookings
Base points only
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chongcao
Base points only
What about incidentals? Like restaurant spending
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by thealphalion
What about incidentals? Like restaurant spending
The base points from incidentals also count. It is the total base points for the entire stay that is doubled. You then also get gold, platinum, or spire elite bonus based on the normal base points.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks! Think I gotta go do a stay then, since I have a big trip coming up
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Does anyone know when the "completed X out of Y tasks" sweeps?
I finished my 3rd task (stay in 8 different InterContinental Brand Hotels) in Vienna Monday; points posted Wednesday along with the 26,500 points for this task.
But now I show 3 of 4 tasks completed but the "Complete 3 out of 4 Tasks" only shows 2, and the 24,500 points have not been credited.
I think in the past this "swept" on Saturdays or Sundays ... will LYK.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
EIGHT different brands must have been a pain to accomplish.
adobbing and thealphalion like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
I can't see my Accelerate Dashboard any more. Anyone have a link that works as my old one doesn't any more???
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:18 pm

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...ublepoints2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.