Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by puchong
Does anyone know how to pull these up?
Just use the link in the first post.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by #1son
so glad I did the Hilton Diamond challenge

IHG seems to have lost their way

stay at 6 different ICs and get 30k points? wow

4 weekends and get 20k points? wow again

a real mickey mouse promotion
This "promotion" was last straw for me. I have one more cash stay this weekend and then I am done. All business will be moved to Hyatt and I will be Globalist by the end of the year. The only thing I will miss with IHG is their large footprint, but I will deal with it. I have plenty of points to burn over the next couple years while I built up World of Hyatt
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Did my first of two stays yesterday and have a really cheap HI booked for next Sunday to complete my tasks. Cost me around 110 for 2 nights i needed and earn nearly 19000 points. They'll go towards some overpriced Boston, San Francisco or New York stay.

The double points one I'm not going to go out of my way for, but if I'm staying in IHG hotels, 500+ extra points here and there all add up on top of 200 points welcome bonuses etc.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:12 pm

For the double points promo, do you need to reach the full 15,000 points threshold to get the credit for the promo or will having a second stay do?
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
For the double points promo, do you need to reach the full 15,000 points threshold to get the credit for the promo or will having a second stay do?
As discussed previously in this thread, you need full 15.000 points.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by dimon84
As discussed previously in this thread, you need full 15.000 points.
While I think this is probably correct based on what is said above; I am waiting to see how it actually plays out. Someone will have probably had two stays very soon here. Hopefully they will report back if it triggered the accomplishment.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Anyone completed any stays and seen anything yet?

in the previous promotions you got a % indicator that showed progress so far.

Had an Holiday Inn stay 8th September but dont see anything yet. I have a target of stay in 3 Holiday Inns
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by adobbing
Anyone completed any stays and seen anything yet?

in the previous promotions you got a % indicator that showed progress so far.

Had an Holiday Inn stay 8th September but dont see anything yet. I have a target of stay in 3 Holiday Inns
The promotion period begins 16th September, so your stay will not count.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Had a stay from Sep 14-16 and didn't expect it to count for the promo, but it did.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
One of my targets is to use my corporate rate 4 times but I don't have a corporate rate. What do I do?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got 50% showing after a stay on the 16th Sept for both my "stay at two brands" and "book through the app". Hopefully the 11200 + 2200 bonus points will post Tues/Wed after my second stay on Sunday. Will see if anything happens double points wise then as well.

Last edited by xenole; Sep 20, 2018 at 4:24 am
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
One night stay on Monday night showing as part of my discover our brands challenge.
interesting to note the speed to post, hopefully this will continue!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:04 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by milgom
One of my targets is to use my corporate rate 4 times but I don't have a corporate rate. What do I do?
i have similar promos every time - but I am not on a corporate rate. The mystery was finally solved for me this year when I had a Virtuoso stay post as a corporate rate. My first Virtuoso stay was back in May of 2017 and every promo since then has given me a corporate rate task.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KathinJax

i have similar promos every time - but I am not on a corporate rate. The mystery was finally solved for me this year when I had a Virtuoso stay post as a corporate rate. My first Virtuoso stay was back in May of 2017 and every promo since then has given me a corporate rate task.
what is a virtuoso stay?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by adobbing

what is a virtuoso stay?

Virtuoso is a luxury hotel provider. You still get points and stay credits and ambassador benefits while booking through (Virtuoso). It is similar to AMEX FHR. You do have to have a virtuoso agent (mine is Travel-K), but there are several on FT.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.