Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Hhonours Gold,
I think no one can beat me as I have only 1 offer!
up to 15000 points for the double point and 2 stay on the app for 2200 points.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by skylighter7867

You must have not read the entire thread. It seems I’ve been given the Judge Smails response...

Other than gettng a smash rate at an IC that I can’t beat, I may move the rest of my IHG stays over to Hilton.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by 336
Why is everyone unhappy?

After just one stay you will get double points.
No jumping through hoops, or changing travel patterns.

You didn't really think it would last that you could pick up 10k points basically for free during each accelerate?
i was kind of thinking this myself. Im fairly new to IHG. Most of my business has been with Marriott and to a lesser degree SPG. Double points is typical of what I would expect from a Marriott mega bonus. So maybe I have been conditioned differently, but when I got double points up to 30k, I kind of thought that was just fine. Others seem to be implying that this is stingy by typical IHG standards.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20
There are only thirteen in promotional period.

Are you top heavy on weekend stays or is it just a case of IHG strikes again?
I am heavy on all stays with IHg this year. I have been on a long term assignment and have not checked out of the property this year so currently have 246 nights this year alone.
chrism20 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:42 pm

Slightly off topic, but doesn’t IHG cut off points/stay credit after 30 consecutive days or something like that?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:06 pm

Easily my worst offer ever. Am guessing because I smashed all offers last quarter for 62,000 bonus points. For Q3:
6,600 for 2 bonus point package stays (cant because of work)
20,800 stay at 5 brands (not 5 avail where I travel)
15,000 earn double points starting on 2nd stay.

Looks like its its time for some Marriot stays.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
I sent them a message on Facebook asking if to complete the 'task' you needed to actually get all 15,000 points or if you only need to participate in the double points promotion by staying 2 nights. this is what I got back:

"Joel here, P*******, on behalf of Frank. Yes, you need to receive 15,000 bonus points in order to accomplish the "Double Your Stay" task. Once again, double points will be awarded on all qualifying stays starting on your second qualifying stay (maximum bonus award is 15,000 points). Let me know if you have any questions."

So, indeed, it appears that $1500 are required to accomplish that task (as part of the 4 of 4, or whatever, to get the bonus points).
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I'm amused that this offer isn't advertised on the IHG homepage and isn't listed under Offers in my account. ...Or are we jumping the gun with a link that wasn't meant to go public until later this week?

My offers:
15,000 - Double Your Stay
6,400 - Book 2 stays with the IHG App
24,000 - Stay 2 weekends

24k is a nice bonus for 2 weekend stays, too bad I don't foresee having travel fitting that pattern between now and Dec 15. If I'd had that offer a month ago I may have shifted bookings away from other brands to hit it.

6,400 for booking 2 stays with the app is a small but attractive bonus. I book mostly one-night stays with IHG so it's like a 3,200/night bonus for two nights. Nice. Plus, the second one earns double base points.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pretzlaff

So, indeed, it appears that $1500 are required to accomplish that task (as part of the 4 of 4, or whatever, to get the bonus points).
This is jumping to conclusions. I've never talked to an IHG agent who knew what they were talking about.

After your second stay, you will see whether the target triggers. No need to speculate...
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:06 pm

Anyone else get this conflicting Platinum bonus option? Do we need 7 nights ..or 3 nights to retain Platinum?

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...8/terms.jspx.3

Stay 7 nights and continue your Platinum Elite status for 2019.

Must be a Platinum Elite IHG Rewards Club member. Platinum Elite status will be awarded to member after the completion of their next 3 qualified nights. Nights must be completed between 16 September 2018 and 16 December 2018. Platinum Elite status will be valid until 31st December 2019
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:04 am

19,200Discover Our BrandsStay at 3 brands and get 19,200 bonus points.15,000Double Your StayEarn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 15,000 bonus points.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by skylighter7867
I think I posted a couple of posts before you and here's mine again:

up to 30k double points
2.2k for booking 2 start via app.

If I do stay at ihg I will definitely book via cash back sites.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: BA GGL
That hidden points list is certainly just a front end coding bug. They've used the CSS classname '.offer-hidden' to hide offers that aren't for you, but that class is only set to hide things on mobile screens and tablet/desktop screens. Not print.

-_-
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Slightly off topic, but doesnt IHG cut off points/stay credit after 30 consecutive days or something like that?
I have been in one over 200 days consecutive this year and no they do on cut them off
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by chongcao
The link
https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...ublepoints2018

not sure if you need to meet double points before accelerator can be triggered. No doubt will cause more discussion.

16th September to 16th December.

good luck.

PS: There is a fun game for you guys.

1, Open the task page in a desktop computer and log in. It will show your tasks.
2, Right click your mouse and select 'PRINT PREVIEW'
3, A hidden list will open that is not shown on your tasks.

This hidden list consistence of 'Stay once get X,000 points' and 'Stay 3 times get X,000 points' thing.

Ok I have no idea if these hidden tasks is genuine or not. Whether it can be trigged or not. But it makes fun reading and makes your miserable promotion looks a little bit better.
I seriously doubt these will actually post, but it would be an interesting conversation if you were to print this out and scan a copy to IHG after staying the number of times listed on your alternate reality offers. Seems it would be difficult to defend a refusal to grant you the points they "offered" you.
armouredant likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.