Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG promotion: double points and accelerator (Sep 16 - Dec 31 [extended from Dec 16])

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1P, MR PE ++++

Earn 131,400 total bonus points.

15,000 Double Your Stay Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 15,000 bonus points.
51,200 Discover Our Brands Stay at 5 brands and get 51,200 bonus points.
22,400 Stay at InterContinental® Hotels Stay at 2 InterContinental® hotel(s) and earn 22,400 bonus points.
4,000 Stay a Little Longer Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) of 4 or more consecutive nights.
38,800 Your Achievement Bonus Complete 3 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 38,800 bonus points.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta Ham Sandwich, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Where is the offer? I haven't received an email and I can't find it on the IHG app or website? Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jsrdelta
Where is the offer? I haven't received an email and I can't find it on the IHG app or website? Thanks in advance.
I believe I used the link in the first post in this thread
jsrdelta likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
In the past, I've gotten pretty decent offers on Accelerate, but this one is a total loser:

15,000 Double Your Stay Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 15,000 bonus points.
26,400 Saturday Stays Bonus Stay 4 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 26,400 bonus points.
6,800 Corporate Account Bonus Stay 4 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 6,800 bonus points. Stays booked through your corporate portal count toward the promotion.

I made the mistake one time of booking a corporate rate now I always get these and since I don't have access to that anymore, there is no way I can take advantage. Thinking the Hilton 2x/3x promo is a better deal this time around since I've already locked in Spire for next year.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Irrover

Earn 131,400 total bonus points.

51,200 Discover Our Brands Stay at 5 brands and get 51,200 bonus points.
22,400 Stay at InterContinental® Hotels Stay at 2 InterContinental® hotel(s) and earn 22,400 bonus points.
4,000 Stay a Little Longer Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) of 4 or more consecutive nights.
38,800 Your Achievement Bonus Complete 3 of the 4 offers and earn (an additional) 38,800 bonus points.
Wow. That's a really good offer. You basically will be getting 116,400 points plus whatever you earn for the double points and normal stay points from a total of 6 stays (5 brands) at 9 nights. ^
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
This is probably the worst I've ever seen. So bad they don't even put the accelerate name on it.

Besides the weak earning potential is that stupid "beginning on your second stay" language that I guess they stole from Marriott. How counterproductive. Telling members they get extra points is a carrot, but telling them they only get the points starting on the second stay ruins the carrot that IHG uses to get people to switch to IHG.

This isn't going to get me to change my stays to IHG.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by holloway1000
i got the 15000 Double Your Stay and 3200 for Travel with the IHG® App

Thats it!
I earnt more points than that on a single cash stay at an Intercontinental last month.

Looks like ill be focusing on Hilton for Q4
I got the same offer. (Data point: not completed an Accelerate since last autumn's one, and that was only because I went on holiday during the time. I did, however, complete the "stay 8 nights" part of the Q2 Accelerate, which resulted in 16,000 points.)

As it happens, I'm off on holiday again next month and should spend enough, along with my regular stays here, to meet the 15K cap. Whether any of the "hidden tasks" unlock then remains to be seen!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by 336
Why is everyone unhappy?

After just one stay you will get double points.
No jumping through hoops, or changing travel patterns.

You didn't really think it would last that you could pick up 10k points basically for free during each accelerate?
Not exactly unhappy, but seriously underwhelming.

The thing is that I don't travel for work so I can't just pile a bunch of stay for no reason, and double points is only for base points so if my stay is $100/night then I'm getting 2000 points plus plat bonus, and 1000 points is like $5? It makes sense if you are a big spender with room rates of $500/night.

Maybe IHG is trying to test how price sensitive we are, giving some members very little bonus like myself (30k double points, 2.2k for booking 2 stays with IHG app), while others got the usual tasks.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta Ham Sandwich, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I believe I used the link in the first post in this thread
Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:51 pm

Nothing special for me :/

19,200 Discover Our Brands Stay at 3 brands and get 19,200 bonus points.
8,400 Saturday Stays Bonus Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,400 bonus points.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Underwhelming Offer

Total of 26,600

15,000 Double Your Stay - Earn double points on every stay, starting with your second stay, up to 15,000 bonus points.
8,400 Saturday Stay Bonus - Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 8,400 bonus points.
3,200 Corporate Account Bonus - Stay 4 times using your corporate rate and earn 3,200 bonus points. Stays booked through your corporate portal count toward the promotion.

This is the worst IHG promotion to date for me. Not compelling at all. I will continue to give the majority of my stays to Marriott during this one. Even so, I will probably still get 18,200 of the possible 26,600 points. Woo hoo most of one night at a suburban HIX

--Jon
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I went to look for hidden offers.

1Upgrade to Gold Elite
Stay 1 night(s) and enjoy the upgrades of Gold Elite status for 2019.

Hmm, cool. I wonder if it will suddenly show up as completed after I get my Gold legitimately, with an already booked stay

The rest, I have 2 separate offers "after first stay", 3 separate offers "after second stay" and 2 separate offers "after third stay". Fun.
Also, the T&C only match within the 3rd stay offers. 2nd stay offers are mostly the same, except one of them references miles as opposed to bonus points.
The 2 first stay offers are wildly different in text, if not in spirit.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
I sent them a message on Facebook asking if to complete the 'task' you needed to actually get all 15,000 points or if you only need to participate in the double points promotion by staying 2 nights. this is what I got back:

"Joel here, P*******, on behalf of Frank. Yes, you need to receive 15,000 bonus points in order to accomplish the "Double Your Stay" task. Once again, double points will be awarded on all qualifying stays starting on your second qualifying stay (maximum bonus award is 15,000 points). Let me know if you have any questions."

So, indeed, it appears that $1500 are required to accomplish that task (as part of the 4 of 4, or whatever, to get the bonus points).

"Thanks, Pretzlaff, for asking the question about the 15k requirement. Another badly worded IHG "task/offer".

"up to 15,000 bonus points" certainly leads you to believe you might be able to earn a smaller amount and still accomplish the task. They need to clarify this, or they will receive some blowback from those who fall short and think they deserve the credit for this.

Of course, this is similar to the "x number of nights" requirements in other quarters, only spelled out in monetary spend, effectively. The 30k people are really being nailed to a higher required spend, so I expect many fewer will attempt it. It's like saying everyone else can do 15 nights, but you have to do 30.

Too bad that my biggest spend will be a long one that overlaps into the 16th opening time period, but at least it should be the trigger to get things started. I'll have to think about whether I want to spend that $1500, but to me, 15k is like a 6% discount in addition to the Spire and base 12%.

I have to do a couple of 4-night stays and 6 weekends, so now I have to go back and rework a bunch of end-to-end points stays I was going to use. With the IHG card's 4 nights for 3 benefit, I can pay for 3-day weekends, and use the points for Monday thru Friday at the more expensive places, while remembering to do the 4-nighters where the weeknights are not high-priced.

Thinking ahead, though, IHG's computers often foul up my record of paid nights that should be credited, if I have a points stay at the same hotel attached to that time interval. Sometimes they will separate if I do a checkout/checkin, but sometimes not. I'd actually have to move to a different hotel to use the points, if I want to avoid wrangling with them.

About 60k overall for me on this, so that's like a 20-24% discount on the $1500 if I can make it. No mattress runs, since I have to be in the area, but a lot of hotel switching. (I don't think they will give me the 2 weekends in a 9-day stay.)

Oh, and of course there will be a PB coming, at the end of September, or October. I've learned not to do non-cancelable bookings before those periods are announced.

Thanks for helping me start to puzzle this out.

Last edited by SEAfarer; Sep 8, 2018 at 10:32 pm Reason: addition
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Is the promotion available this time in the UK? I have always have had it before, though did not manage to collect anything last two quarters. This time, although being Spire Ambassador and having checked all around my app and online via my PC I have no Accelerate targets
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
Is the promotion available this time in the UK? I have always have had it before, though did not manage to collect anything last two quarters. This time, although being Spire Ambassador and having checked all around my app and online via my PC I have no Accelerate targets
Have a look here
https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/of...ublepoints2018
you have so sign in and opt in to the accelerate scheme for it to be added to your account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.