Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No award availability for Tahiti until EOS?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:07 am
Original Poster

No award availability for Tahiti until EOS?

Tried all four properties and nothing available at all for next year. Glitch, weekend maintenance?

Mods, please move if existing thread.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Tried all four properties and nothing available at all for next year. Glitch, weekend maintenance?

Mods, please move if existing thread.
They only post 4 months in advance. When are you looking to go?

Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

They only post 4 months in advance. When are you looking to go?

Thanks for your response. If correct, then that must be Tahiti specific although I never ever had that problem before. But admittedly I did see availability today as far out as December in some Tahiti properties. Maybe there is something to it. On the other hand I can book Maldives and other properties as far out as August 2019.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:12 pm

Thanks for your response. If correct, then that must be Tahiti specific although I never ever had that problem before. But admittedly I did see availability today as far out as December in some Tahiti properties. Maybe there is something to it. On the other hand I can book Maldives and other properties as far out as August 2019.

Tahiti/FP IHG hotels were 12 months in the past. Around Oct/Nov last year they pulled all award space from inventory. Soon after IHG, as a whole, reworked the points value on many hotels. When award space for FP came back in early 2018 they only released it four months out.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Fortunately, the change the in the IHG CC free night should help this issue in the long run, but probably won't fix it completely. There were way too many couples both signing up for the card just to use it at places like this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Tahiti/FP IHG hotels were 12 months in the past. Around Oct/Nov last year they pulled all award space from inventory. Soon after IHG, as a whole, reworked the points value on many hotels. When award space for FP came back in early 2018 they only released it four months out.
I didn't know that. That's unfortunate. Can't plan within a four month window. And since the Hilton Moorea is priced outrageously on top of that and award are extremely rare, my options are pretty lousy.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:43 pm

I didn't know that. That's unfortunate. Can't plan within a four month window. And since the Hilton Moorea is priced outrageously on top of that and award are extremely rare, my options are pretty lousy.
Look at IHG Moorea. We just stayed at Hilton and would never go back. But been to IHG a couple times and really love it there. Award space is usually pretty wide open. You are still stuck with the 4 month issue, but have always found space available.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Look at IHG Moorea. We just stayed at Hilton and would never go back. But been to IHG a couple times and really love it there. Award space is usually pretty wide open. You are still stuck with the 4 month issue, but have always found space available.
The Hilton really must have gone down the drain quickly since I was there last. Guess the have the same manager there over five years. Love IC Moorea. Will try to work things out somehow since we
are itching to get back. Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.