FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   New Survey IHG Rewards Club Advisors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1924153-new-survey-ihg-rewards-club-advisors.html)

Exleftseat Aug 8, 2018 8:56 am

New Survey IHG Rewards Club Advisors

Did anyone receive the new survey from IHG? Mine came in yesterday. They wanted response to two options.
Would I be interested in purchasing Ambassador status for $ 250.00 when it came with complimentary breakfast
for one guest each day of a stay. IIRC option one did not offer much more. Option two was basically the same
but with one free weekend night added and one suite upgrade on paid stay per year. There was more but I can't
recall.

I found it telling that they are now looking into providing complimentary breakfast, something many other chains
have been doing for years and which is the reason why I have basically have moved away from IC stays unless
they came as free night stays. This, however, now has been taken away from me as well since the Tokyo properties
fall above the 40,000 point maxium.

Bloobell Aug 8, 2018 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Exleftseat (Post 30060954)
Did anyone receive the new survey from IHG? Mine came in yesterday. They wanted response to two options.
Would I be interested in purchasing Ambassador status for $ 250.00 when it came with complimentary breakfast
for one guest each day of a stay. IIRC option one did not offer much more. Option two was basically the same
but with one free weekend night added and one suite upgrade on paid stay per year. There was more but I can't
recall.

I found it telling that they are now looking into providing complimentary breakfast, something many other chains
have been doing for years and which is the reason why I have basically have moved away from IC stays unless
they came as free night stays. This, however, now has been taken away from me as well since the Tokyo properties
fall above the 40,000 point maxium.

I got it and am intrigued as to how they can give me 5,000 Points for completing it when it at no time asked me anything about my actual IHG account????

chrism20 Aug 8, 2018 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Bloobell (Post 30061270)
I got it and am intrigued as to how they can give me 5,000 Points for completing it when it at no time asked me anything about my actual IHG account????

Advisors surveys never do. Its coded into the link to the survey and this marks your participation.

chrism20 Aug 8, 2018 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Exleftseat (Post 30060954)
There was more but I can't
recall.

One complimentary buffet breakfast per night
Guaranteed one cat upgrade
4pm late checkout
$20 F&B/mini bar credit
Annual complimentary night cert (valid on second night of paid stay)
Platinum status
Comp high speed internet
Comp mineral water per day

Additional when achieve membership milestones

Annual pass to Club Lounge
Annual suite upgrade on paid stay

The one thing that jumped out to me was no mention of weekend on the BOGOF plus there was also a further question marking out of ten how useful you found this. It asked about weekday and weekend in separate questions. Can’t see midweek bogof happening though tbh

Points Scrounger Aug 8, 2018 1:23 pm

Would these benefits apply to award stays, or only on paid InterContinental stays that are generally fairly expensive anyway?

dw Aug 8, 2018 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20 (Post 30061660)
$20 F&B/mini bar credit

It sounds like under this scenario the $20 F&B/minibar credit would take the place of the current AMB fruit/snack welcome amenity (with the exception of the water).

chrism20 Aug 8, 2018 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by dw (Post 30062100)
It sounds like under this scenario the $20 F&B/minibar credit would take the place of the current AMB fruit/snack welcome amenity (with the exception of the water).

In some properties that would definitely be an improvement.

Exleftseat Aug 8, 2018 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20 (Post 30061660)

One complimentary buffet breakfast per night
Guaranteed one cat upgrade
4pm late checkout
$20 F&B/mini bar credit
Annual complimentary night cert (valid on second night of paid stay)
Platinum status
Comp high speed internet

Additional when achieve membership milestones

Annual pass to Club Lounge
Annual suite upgrade on paid stay

The one thing that jumped out to me was no mention of weekend on the BOGOF plus there was also a further question marking out of ten how useful you found this. It asked about weekday and weekend in separate questions. Can’t see midweek bogof happening though tbh

Great and thanks for posting this. I had forgotten already.

:D! Aug 9, 2018 12:43 am

Originally Posted by chrism20 (Post 30062150)
In some properties that would definitely be an improvement.

$20 (even adjusted for hotel markup) would buy you a lot of fruits...

baroqen Aug 10, 2018 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 30061872)
Would these benefits apply to award stays, or only on paid InterContinental stays that are generally fairly expensive anyway?

It's just a survey, none of that was clarified but I think it's safe to say that since this is IHG Ambassador, it would only be for paid stays with a YMMV caveat.