Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New York - What IHG Hotel to Stay At

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Graf von B
The Eventi does not charge a resort fee. Ink48 does, however.

I like the Ink48 and it would be my recommendation, even despite the resort fee. (If you’re Inner Circle, the fee is waived.) They are fairly generous with status upgrades and the hotel rooms are clean and pretty spacious especially by NY standards.

I asked this in the Ink48 thread a couple of weeks ago, but no responses so far. Any comments on the noise factor on recent stays? Have read that the construction noise is quite bad and apparently 7 days a week?
Old May 22, 2019, 8:09 pm

I stayed two weeks ago and experienced zero construction noise. 4 night stay.
Old May 24, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I stayed two weeks ago and experienced zero construction noise. 4 night stay.
Thanks, appreciate your sharing your experience!
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
The Eventi does not charge a resort fee.

Side note that, 2yrs later, that may have changed. I stayed there this weekend, and is about $50/night for the auxiliary BS fee.
That said, they took a Chase free night cert for the whole weekend in early June, so I didn't complain even once.
Great little property too!
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Any experience with MUSE?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
That's certainly one interpretation

Though a milder version is that Bridge and Tunnel are simply commuters from outside the city, using bridges and tunnels for access - though without doubt the intimation of less sophisticated suburban folk creeps in

I've heard the term used in Boston, but seems there to have a more "manufactured" and much less derogatory feel to it.
Close, but not commuters (i.e., work in the city), but folks who only come into Manhattan (but not often) for a meal/show, etc. They would be called B&T crowd even if they took the train in.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
best for noise?

hi all- am now starting to travel to NYC for work, and haven't been thrilled with my hilton options, so am considering an IHG property on this stay. Both the IC Barclays and the Indigo LES are in my budget -- I'm wondering which, if either, is more likely to have quiet rooms? The Indigo is closer to my workplace, but I had originally booked the Intercontinental as they are usually reasonably quiet, but have seen a bunch of online reviews suggesting that the rooms have thin walls and lots of internal noise (other rooms and hallways). I've also seen reports that the Indigo can be noisy due to the bar. Since I trust my fellow flyertalkers more than random anonymous reviewers, I figured i'd ask here which of the 2 is more likely to provide a quiet night's sleep (or if I'm better off with something else). Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2022, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by whimsey21
hi all- am now starting to travel to NYC for work, and haven't been thrilled with my hilton options, so am considering an IHG property on this stay. Both the IC Barclays and the Indigo LES are in my budget -- I'm wondering which, if either, is more likely to have quiet rooms? The Indigo is closer to my workplace, but I had originally booked the Intercontinental as they are usually reasonably quiet, but have seen a bunch of online reviews suggesting that the rooms have thin walls and lots of internal noise (other rooms and hallways). I've also seen reports that the Indigo can be noisy due to the bar. Since I trust my fellow flyertalkers more than random anonymous reviewers, I figured i'd ask here which of the 2 is more likely to provide a quiet night's sleep (or if I'm better off with something else). Thanks!
Honestly, I would pick the hotel closest to my work and specify a quiet room upon check-in. Walking to work beats using the subway every time.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 2:59 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Just want to be sure - is IC Barclay the only IHG property in NYC that has a club lounge? With the annual lounge membership, I would like to at least experience it once in NYC, even if it is nothing to write home about. I know IC Times Square doesn't have one, and CP Times Square no longer seems to offer one. Am I missing any other property? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.