Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renew Ambassador/Get BOGO Cert for August stay?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Delta Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Renew Ambassador/Get BOGO Cert for August stay?

Update: I renewed on July 3 and receive my package on July 16. Thanks for the input!

I'm contemplating renewing my expired Ambassador status and using a BOGO cert in either Paris or Dublin in early August. If I renew, is there any chance I'll get the cert before leaving August 1? I know they were taking a really long time to arrive a few months back. Is it any better now? I have 30 days. Thanks!

Last edited by Diannap; Jul 17, 2018 at 3:07 am
Old Jul 1, 2018, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Diannap
I'm contemplating renewing my expired Ambassador status and using a BOGO cert in either Paris or Dublin in early August. If I renew, is there any chance I'll get the cert before leaving August 1? I know they were taking a really long time to arrive a few months back. Is it any better now? I have 30 days. Thanks!
The AMB weekend rate is fully flexible, so you can book it and cross your fingers that the certificate arrives in time. In Southeast Asia, the membership materials did not take long to arrive. I have no idea how frequently they send them out.

You should have a plan B in case the certificate does not arrive in time, whether that is booking a different rate at same hotel or staying elsewhere.
Diannap likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:43 pm

Paid mine on 6/24. Packet arrived in the mail today, 7/2. ^
Diannap likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It may, but really depends. I'm also in SE Asia like another poster and in my case it took about 9 weeks to arrive. luck of the draw in my book.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Paid mine on 6/24. Packet arrived in the mail today, 7/2. ^
Now THAT'S what I like to hear! Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Mine arrived within ~2-3 weeks from renewing, definitely much faster than in previous years.
Even if the physical BOGO certificate does not arrive, the AMB helpdesk can call the hotel and let them know the AMB package has not arrived yet and to let you use your BOGO weekend.
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Renewed mine on 5 June and Pack arrived in the post yesterday, 2 July
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:43 am

Sounds like maybe they mail in batches?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Viennafly
Even if the physical BOGO certificate does not arrive, the AMB helpdesk can call the hotel and let them know the AMB package has not arrived yet and to let you use your BOGO weekend.
This is an excellent note. ^
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:54 am

U.K. renewing in May the pack took approximately four weeks.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Live in the US, both this year and last year I received mine within 3 weeks.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I was surprised to receive my renewal kit two week's after doing an online renewal, and I'm located up in Canada. In the past it has taken at least two months to get the new kit. BTW last year it contained a small card wallet but nothing but the card and BOGO cert (and covering letter) in this one. Bag tags are now long gone. BTW it appears that if one has Plat status as an Ambassador and your renewal is mid-year but you do not make the required number of nights or points, your status continues through into the following year. Seems like a perpetual process.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I was surprised to receive my renewal kit two week's after doing an online renewal, and I'm located up in Canada. In the past it has taken at least two months to get the new kit. BTW last year it contained a small card wallet but nothing but the card and BOGO cert (and covering letter) in this one. Bag tags are now long gone. BTW it appears that if one has Plat status as an Ambassador and your renewal is mid-year but you do not make the required number of nights or points, your status continues through into the following year. Seems like a perpetual process.
Yep, well known that those about to lose Spire (or Platinum) status, through lack of nights come January 1st, will sign up to Ambassador during December to keep their elite status for coming calendar year.

You won't get the Spire Amenity choice though unless you hit 76k points / 75nights in the next year though
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
in the same shoes

I'm in the same situation. Paid and renewed my Ambassador membership on the phone with Ambassador Service Center on 5 July and I need the Bogo Cert. to be sent to my address in Hong Kong by August 2 morning since I will be traveling on the same night. Seems I will barely make. Wish I knew someone who had the nearly expired Bogo cert so that I we could exchange for a win-win situation but coupon connection doesn't allow trading Bogo cert. That's the problem.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for the input. I renewed on July 3 and received my package on July 16! ^
thunderlounge likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.