Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Phu Quoc (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:49 am

It is no longer possible to make reservations beyond 15/06/2019. Is the hotel (already) leaving IHG?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by 336
It is no longer possible to make reservations beyond 15/06/2019. Is the hotel (already) leaving IHG?
I just checked some dates in November and there was plenty of rooms available, might have just been a glitch.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:33 pm

Similar comments about the service were made when Sun Peninsular opened ... I was there first month and there were language issue although a lot of enthusiasm. I suspect this to be the same at Phu Quoc. The service culture of the Vietnamese people is excellent in general but the language can cause a little stress.

Stay is end of month so cannot judge but pre-stop support from management has been exemplary to date and RA treatment as good as you could expect anywhere. Not seen the reality yet but if the delivered service is as good as the pre-stop support then I'll be extremely happy.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:02 pm

I stayed at the IC Phu Quoc last month having stayed at the Marriott Emerald Bay the week earlier. As mentioned previously, the language barrier was a little difficult at the IC especially when compared to the Marriott on the other side of the island. I would not hesitate to return to the property however. I would probably stay at the IC over the Marriott next time to Phu Quoc. Its a smaller footprint so it is easier to get around and half the price if paying out of pocket. Had breakfast each morning at the hotel and grabbed a metered taxi to dinner each night to one of the many great restaurants on the island. Looking forward to return to the Island in November.

Last edited by nawlins; Mar 14, 2019 at 5:10 pm
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:53 am

I have a gift certificate, for 1 night, including breakfast for 2, to be used before June 30th, 2019.

Anyone here who can use it?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA GOLD,DELTA DM, IC RA , HILTON GOLD, NAT. EE
I could use it , if still available. PM me if possible.

Originally Posted by 336
I have a gift certificate, for 1 night, including breakfast for 2, to be used before June 30th, 2019.

Anyone here who can use it?
Old May 19, 2019, 4:03 am

It is in fact still available.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:44 pm

Staying here now. Booked cheapest room and upgraded to Ocean view, fairly large room. Hotel doesn't seem very busy at all. Service has been decent so far, except at the pool where attendant just doesn't seem interested in doing any work. I was surprised to be offered free breakfast for my stay as a plat ambassador. Was also given a 280K VND resort credit and 20% off dinning (helpful given their prices and not having any options outside of the hotel).
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
This thread needs pictures !
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by tangey
This thread needs pictures !
INK360 Rooftop bar

Pool

Beach

Breakfast

Lobby

Room

Food/Resort/etc

Phu Quoc Night Market

Seafood restaurant off of the resort (recommended by IC)

Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
I don't think that turned out as intended.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:44 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Bump. Any recent updates?

Looking to combine Amanoi with another beach property. Panoramic Suite that includes club access looks like a good option although pricing is bordering on private pool villas elsewhere.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
i am interested in this as well-any updates?
Old Feb 10, 2021, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Stayed here in November 2020. Area is still undergoing a lot of development.

Service is very lacking here compared to the JW Marriott Phu Quoc.

A few examples:

I drove here and when I went to park the car I asked the staff member at the front desk/valet if someone could follow me in a golf cart/shuttle and drive me back to the lobby. He said he was busy and could not.

Poolside there was no one to be found. I located the pool towels in one of the cabinets. I did notice the staff tend to roam in packs which might explain the inconsistent service.

The INK360 bar however provided great service and had great views.

The rooms were nice but the light switches and whatnot did not seem well thought out. The AC in the room was very weak. The maintenance guy did all he could to get it to a bearable temperature at night. However during the day when the bathroom and bedroom glass walls get a lot of sunlight it gets very hot and uncomfortable.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:16 am

As someone else mentioned, English comprehension is lacking by staff. Breakfast buffet looks nice, food ok (soup noodle bland). Basically 3 large buildings, I don't appreciate the room layout as "nice" or "classy", just normal. Lots of pools.
Area around has nothing. The Regent is being prepared nearby, should open soon per staff.
Beach isn't nice.

Crowne Plaza is newer and while rooms don't have a pretend high-end and it is a smaller property I liked it better (not least cause it is next to Grand World).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.