Surfers Paradise Hotel

Old Jun 28, 18, 3:17 am
sam
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum;
Surfers Paradise Hotel

Any advice on whether I should go to Surfers Paradise Crowne Plaza or InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort for a weekend in July? I am Spire Elite. It will be on points redemption. I have 3 kids (2 x 5yo and one 8yo). We will probably not eat in the hotel as it is too expensive. Apparently one of the ICSC pools is closed at the moment. Any advice appreciated.
Old Jun 28, 18, 2:38 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
I would recommend the CP, it’s handy to the tram for getting around (including eateries) and rooms are OK. Pool won’t be much of a consideration in July.
Old Jun 30, 18, 9:08 am

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Originally Posted by sam View Post
Any advice on whether I should go to Surfers Paradise Crowne Plaza or InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort for a weekend in July? I am Spire Elite. It will be on points redemption. I have 3 kids (2 x 5yo and one 8yo). We will probably not eat in the hotel as it is too expensive. Apparently one of the ICSC pools is closed at the moment. Any advice appreciated.

Last edited by NotTellYou; Jul 1, 18 at 1:12 am
Old Jun 30, 18, 6:34 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF WP, VS Gold, IHG RA, A Club Plat.
Originally Posted by NotTellYou View Post
Second time I got the highest category suite the one with white sofa. I can hear sound of wave even the hotel is one block from the ocean. I never been to IC since it wasnít opened at the time I went to surfers paradise. But I been to that area and I heard itís a nice neighborhood . I would go to both places if I were you.
There are two towers and the suites you are describing are only in the old tower (used to be the Travelodge), the highest suites are in the Gold Tower which feature a green marble bathroom, with the best suite having its own pool and two king beds. Sanctuary Cove would have been open when you were there, both hotels are around the same age, it would have been a Hyatt though, and itís by no means a Surfers Paradise hotel, located some thirty minutes away inland on the river.
Old Jul 1, 18, 4:20 pm

Won’t be of any use for you in July, but for future trips the conversion of the Watermark to IHG’s first “Voco” hotel looks like it will be the best IHG option on the GC.

https://www.hotelmanagement.net/conv...ion-brand-voco
Old Nov 27, 18, 3:42 pm

Stayed at the voco last week. Good location (across from the Q1 tower) and right behind the Surfers Paradise station.

Not the most fantastic property, but if they do update it, it will be a good option.

https://singleflyer.com/2018/11/24/v...-coast-review/

Search this Thread