Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG Q3 Promotion: Up To 5,000 Points From Second Stay, Up To 30% Off & 32˘ Off Gas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Q3 Promotion: Up To 5,000 Points From Second Stay, Up To 30% Off & 32˘ Off Gas

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by sdsearch
This starts July 1 even though Accelerate goes through July 31? How does that work? Does a stay in July trigger both bonuses, or only the promo you most recently registered for?
IHG's promotions stack.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
For those of us that qualify this looks like a good opportunity to stack with Accelerate and other targeted promotions.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Hyatt Globalist
So I just got my first points posting from this promotion and they got it wrong. What I understand is that, after the first qualifying stay, for each qualifying Indigo, CP, Kimpton or Intercontinental stay, there should be 5000 points. Hi, HIX, candlewood,staybridge give 2000.

My qualifying stay was a Kimpton followed by CP, (Miami and Chicago) and I just got 2000 points rather than 5000. I just checked out of another CP yesterday in Miami, and am waiting to see what points I get. I was hoping it would be “easy like summer” but now I’ll have to manage it to get my points.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Is it supposed to post with the stay? My first qualifying (second after registration) stay just posted without it.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Is it supposed to post with the stay? My first qualifying (second after registration) stay just posted without it.
Mine posted 3 days after the 2nd stay posted. so separately from the stay points
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:15 pm

Mine posted 4days after the second stay posted. My third one hasn’t posted yet, but the points for that one just posted today.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:41 pm

Are the 5k posting as regular points or EQP like rate/stay?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Are the 5k posting as regular points or EQP like rate/stay?
They are not EQP. And so have an update. I filled out the missing points form this morning, and they added the missing 3000 points to my account this evening. So they resolved it quickly
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:04 am

Thanks, @madipides.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I registered for this one as soon as it was announced. Had a stay after that which counted towards Accelerate. Had another stay that posted four days ago, still no 2K, but did get a message re: this promo that I had (just) completed my first qualifying stay; so, I'm assuming the actual first paid stay wasn't piggybacked with the Accelerate credit?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
Is this the end of accelerate ?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I also just received an e-mail saying I had completed my first stay under this promo, even though I had a paid stay in Taipei two weeks ago and just completed a points stay in Singapore two days ago.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I registered for this one as soon as it was announced. Had a stay after that which counted towards Accelerate. Had another stay that posted four days ago, still no 2K, but did get a message re: this promo that I had (just) completed my first qualifying stay; so, I'm assuming the actual first paid stay wasn't piggybacked with the Accelerate credit?
Updating to add that the 2000 points I was expecting posted just now - six calendar days after the stay posted.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:49 pm

I am a little confused about this promotion and please educate me.

My first stay was with Holiday Inn and my second stay was with Crowne Plaza. Am I supposed to get 5000 points because my second stay was the stay that count and it is a Crowne Plaza?

I only got 2000 points, so is it correct or not correct?

Thanks,
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spark911
Is this the end of accelerate ?
Why should it be? The mid-year promo has never been called Accelerate. Only the first and last promos of each year have been called Accelerate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.