Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best IHG Property in Los Angeles?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Best IHG Property in Los Angeles?

Looking at staying two nights in LA over Labor Day weekend. Looking at the new IC, it looks nice. But also some of the Kimptons look great. Looking to use free night certificates so cost doesn't matter. I won't have a car and looking to explore the city -- no agenda.

I am a lowly Platinum elite.

What do you suggest?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:39 am

Without a doubt, I’d use my free night certificate at the Kimpton La Peer. It seems to be the crown jewel of the Kimpton portfolio and it would certainly be your best redemption as far as value. Average rates hover around 450+ dollars! The service is impeccable and the rooms are sleek and luxurious. Great perks not found at other Kimptons include evening nightcaps. All in all it’s a fantastic property that I can’t wait to come back to. Great West Hollywood location with tons of things to do within walking distance.

The Everly in Hollywood is a close second.

Don’t waste your time with the new glitzy Intercon in DTLA. It’s beautiful and the rooms are fine, but service is lackluster and sterile. No warmth. Bad recognition of status.

Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: IHG Spire / Kimpton Inner Circle, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by Graf von B
Without a doubt, I’d use my free night certificate at the Kimpton La Peer. It seems to be the crown jewel of the Kimpton portfolio and it would certainly be your best redemption as far as value. Average rates hover around 450+ dollars! The service is impeccable and the rooms are sleek and luxurious. Great perks not found at other Kimptons include evening nightcaps. All in all it’s a fantastic property that I can’t wait to come back to. Great West Hollywood location with tons of things to do within walking distance.

The Everly in Hollywood is a close second.

Don’t waste your time with the new glitzy Intercon in DTLA. It’s beautiful and the rooms are fine, but service is lackluster and sterile. No warmth. Bad recognition of status.

Agreed La Peer is the move, great redemption value and the location is uber/lyft to a lot of what you would want to do without a car.

The only issue is that if you're looking for a beach experience with IHG in LA, there aren't any properties that really fill that void.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:58 am

The Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel in Huntington Beach is the closest decent IHG in a beach city. Lovely, smaller Kimpton with a great restaurant and excellent service.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
If you don’t have a car then Everly is it. It’s literally steps away from all of the Hollywood blvd attractions, the Hollywood/Vine metro stop is right there too if which makes it easy to get to Universal Studios and the Burbank/Studio City area if you want to do a studio tour. Two metro stops away from Hollywood/Vine is the Vermont/Santa Monica metro stop where you can connect to the 704 bus which takes you right through West Hollywood and Beverly Hills to the Santa Monica Pier.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by hurrykane
Agreed La Peer is the move, great redemption value and the location is uber/lyft to a lot of what you would want to do without a car.

The only issue is that if you're looking for a beach experience with IHG in LA, there aren't any properties that really fill that void.
Had a great stay at Redondo beach Crowne Plaza last year, Spire elite got me an upgrade to a room facing the ocean and club access.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Looking at staying two nights in LA over Labor Day weekend. Looking at the new IC, it looks nice. But also some of the Kimptons look great. Looking to use free night certificates so cost doesn't matter. I won't have a car and looking to explore the city -- no agenda.

I am a lowly Platinum elite.

What do you suggest?
Make it a three day weekend!

https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/06/13/...3/?omhide=true
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

La Peer it is. Room rate is $675/night. Pretty good use of a free night cert.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I've stayed at La Peer, IC Century City, and IC LA downtown. I recommend La Peer.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:43 pm

Also looking to use my cert in SoCal but with kid-friendly, beach recommendations. Free Breakfast would be great

Last edited by vickh; Jul 30, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
I am also planning a two nights stay in Los Angeles at the end of September and I wanted to book two Rewards Nights.
As a Spire Ambassador (no Inner Circle) I thought I might have better chances to be upgraded in an InterContinental hotel than in one of the Kimptons.
Moreover the La Peer has a stiff price of 70,000 points per night.
Do you think it is however better to spend those 140,000 points at the La Peer than to book a room in the IC Century City for 120,000 points?
I also don't have a car and am a little bit sceptical concerning the location of the IC Century City and their area shuttle service...
Old Jul 31, 2018, 1:54 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Flamewing
I am also planning a two nights stay in Los Angeles at the end of September and I wanted to book two Rewards Nights.
As a Spire Ambassador (no Inner Circle) I thought I might have better chances to be upgraded in an InterContinental hotel than in one of the Kimptons.
Do you think it is however better to spend those 140,000 points at the La Peer than to book a room in the IC Century City for 120,000 points?
I also don't have a car and am a little bit sceptical concerning the location of the IC Century City and their area shuttle service...
I have always gotten an upgrade at both hotels as a Platinum Ambassador even on a Reward Stay. It's tough to say on if it's worth the extra 20k points without knowing what's important to you. Both hotels are nice and quite different from each other. Le Peer is a new boutique and Century City is older and bigger, but still nice. Century City will shuttle you in a Tesla, but the range is limited...I think less than 5 miles. I only used it to get to Beverly Hills and back. La Peer had a younger, more vibrant feel to it. It was busy, but the service was excellent. Century City was more quiet and less busy. Service was still good and they gave me a 2 level upgrade. You can't go wrong with either one. Of course there's the IC downtown as well, unless you need to stay on the west Hollywood side.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
I have always gotten an upgrade at both hotels as a Platinum Ambassador even on a Reward Stay. It's tough to say on if it's worth the extra 20k points without knowing what's important to you. Both hotels are nice and quite different from each other. Le Peer is a new boutique and Century City is older and bigger, but still nice. Century City will shuttle you in a Tesla, but the range is limited...I think less than 5 miles. I only used it to get to Beverly Hills and back. La Peer had a younger, more vibrant feel to it. It was busy, but the service was excellent. Century City was more quiet and less busy. Service was still good and they gave me a 2 level upgrade. You can't go wrong with either one. Of course there's the IC downtown as well, unless you need to stay on the west Hollywood side.
I have never ever stayed in Los Angeles before, have only 3 days / 2 nights and wanted to book the "optimal" property for reaching the most "important" places ("must sees") and to receive a decent room at the same time. So I am open to any suggestions...
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:32 pm

I have never ever stayed in Los Angeles before, have only 3 days / 2 nights and wanted to book the "optimal" property for reaching the most "important" places ("must sees") and to receive a decent room at the same time. So I am open to any suggestions...
My suggestion: base your decision on where you will spend you most of your time...don't let room and possible upgrade drive your decision.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
My suggestion: base your decision on where you will spend you most of your time...don't let room and possible upgrade drive your decision.
In this case we would't need any hotel reviews at all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.