Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

What is acceptable price for a steam rice in a holiday inn in Thailand?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is acceptable price for a steam rice in a holiday inn in Thailand?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2018, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Exclamation What is acceptable price for a steam rice in a holiday inn in Thailand?

Dear all, how much is considered a reasonable price on a bowl of white steam rice in a holiday inn in Thailand ?
Old May 7, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I suppose it depends on how hungry one is.

How does the cost of rice apply to the IHG rewards program?
Old May 7, 2018, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Wow, stangest post of the day. I'd probably not pay more than B50 but I'm not sure what you are getting with it! Where in Thailand?
Lewis42 and Oxnardjan like this.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by NotTellYou
Dear all, how much is considered a reasonable price on a bowl of white steam rice in a holiday inn in Thailand ?
Two price points really. Can also probably get from street food vendor for 10-20thb

1. As part of purchase in in-hotel meal, eg Thai red Curry or similar,, either included with meal as kinda foc / small included fee)
or
2. You bring in own food from outside hotel and just want to order a small bowl of rice. Not just cost of rice but all of... chef to cook/waiter/room-service/washing up/billing, all costs that together far outway cost of the grains of rice
3. Then minimum order charge whether at table or in-room plus service charges for delivering to room.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
For a side, 70++ THB, at the Thai HI I'm currently staying at. Up to 150 THB seems fine for me.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
I'm guessing the OP is not going to tell us what this is all about Nomen est omen.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
For a side, 70++ THB, at the Thai HI I'm currently staying at. Up to 150 THB seems fine for me.
This thread is what is amazing about FT. Someone can ask an incredibly obscure question and within an hour, not only is the question answered, but it is answered by a person actually in the location with first hand knowledge.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by NotTellYou
There is nothing reasonable with hotel pricing. It is simply the reality.
bbbb likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I am going to guess that the OP ordered a side of steamed rice at the hotel and couldn't believe how much it cost when they got the bill. I know my wife freaks out about the price of rice at restaurants all the time. The $25 cheeseburger goes unnoticed somehow.......

To answer the question, I would expect it to be in the 75THB range and have a hard time paying over 120THB.

HI BKK menu doesn't show steamed rice cost. https://ihg.scene7.com/is/content/ih...8-original.pdf
Old May 7, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Wow, stangest post of the day. I'd probably not pay more than B50 but I'm not sure what you are getting with it! Where in Thailand?
that is way to high! at 7 11 the price is 10 baht
Old May 8, 2018, 2:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RolfD
that is way to high! at 7 11 the price is 10 baht
Except he's at a HI, not a 7-11. Hotels have this funny habit of adding service fees.
Old May 8, 2018, 3:26 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
I remember their fried rice to be 300++ THB, so I would say anything under 100 THB for a bowl of stream rice would be reasonable by hotel standard. Though, not by Thai standard
Old May 8, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Except he's at a HI, not a 7-11. Hotels have this funny habit of adding service fees.
Just pointed out what a bowl of rice cost at the local supermarket. that is up to the guest to decide how much he wants to pay for a bowl of rice at the hotel
Old May 8, 2018, 4:23 am
Suspended

50 to 60 thb
Old May 8, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RolfD
Just pointed out what a bowl of rice cost at the local supermarket. that is up to the guest to decide how much he wants to pay for a bowl of rice at the hotel
Surely, the guest has to pay whatever the hotel charges?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.