Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase IHG Traveler Card's "Fourth Reward Night Free"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by tonywush
Same here. I had IHG no-fee version and just did a PC to Premier. Saw the IHG status changed to Platinum almost instantaneously. But when going to make a 4 night reservation (picked a random lower tier property as a test), the 4th night free message didn't show up. Tried on app and it is the same thing.

For the hotel I wanted to stay, I do not have enough balance for 4 nights, so I booked 3 nights first, then trying to change to 4 nights. This is the message I got: We couldn't process your request at this time. Funny that if I pick other dates but remain 3 nights, it worked. I will wait couple more days...
Finally, it works to me. It didn't work last night but today morning.
It exactly took two weeks from the credit card approval.
tonywush likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Mine is working now as well
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
used the method provided by Colin in post #41 and it worked like a charm! Thanks~
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA, DL, IHG
"Change Stay" method- it works! Thank you everyone!!
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:49 pm

Weird, trying the change stay method, and says "We couldn't process your request at this time. Please try again later, or contact Customer Care for assistance." Will have to try tomorrow...
Old May 26, 2023, 9:40 pm

I've had the Chase IHG card for a number of years. Does anyone know if I make a reservation now for a stay in October using the fourth night free benefit, and then cancel the card when the annual fee comes due in July, will I still be able to retain the reservation with the fourth night free benefit?
Old May 31, 2023, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by avatexrs
I've had the Chase IHG card for a number of years. Does anyone know if I make a reservation now for a stay in October using the fourth night free benefit, and then cancel the card when the annual fee comes due in July, will I still be able to retain the reservation with the fourth night free benefit?
Cannot say for sure since I have never done this, but I would assume once its booked they arent going to change it.
Old May 31, 2023, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by avatexrs
D’ont cancel the card!

What you should do is downgrade the card to the no fee traveler card and thereby you preserve the 4th night free benefit!
avatexrs and progapanda like this.
Old May 31, 2023, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by COLINDAD
D’ont cancel the card!

What you should do is downgrade the card to the no fee traveler card and thereby you preserve the 4th night free benefit!
You never know...what if they want to churn?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.