Chase IHG Traveler Card's "Fourth Reward Night Free"

Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:44 pm

Tried to add 4th night as described in post 41. Didn't work. Three nights booked (and they are no more available). The 4th night to be added is available. When tried to change the reservation, the system asked for the dates for the new reservation. When highlighted 4 nights, it stopped asking to call customer service. I can not see button to continue.
The question is do all four nights need to be available to make a change from 3 to 4 nights, or just the 4th night needs to be available?
Thx
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:31 am

The 4th night free benefit wasn't working for me when I tried booking it online myself (nor with the change reservation workaround described earlier in the thread). Someone had problems getting reps to book it for them, but I had a helpful rep who booked it no problem. He did say before trying that usually it won't be able to when there isn't enough points for the 4th night (which we know is false, but whatever), but he was able to book it. So hopefully this means that reps know how to book the 4th night free now.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:21 pm

nah, the "change stay" workaround remains functional. confirmed just now.
progapanda likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:33 am

As a Premier IHG card holder I had to call to take advantage of the 4th night free benefit when booking for nights at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura Algarve, Portugal. I found the process to be extremely inconvenient as I hate having to call customer service line and speak to a robot for several prompts before I can speak to an actual human being. I don't know why this feature isn't available online like their competitors i.e. Hilton, Marriott, etc but IHG needs to get it together especially since they are so far behind when compared to other hotel loyalty programs
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
As a Premier IHG card holder I had to call to take advantage of the 4th night free benefit when booking for nights at the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura Algarve, Portugal. I found the process to be extremely inconvenient as I hate having to call customer service line and speak to a robot for several prompts before I can speak to an actual human being. I don't know why this feature isn't available online like their competitors i.e. Hilton, Marriott, etc but IHG needs to get it together especially since they are so far behind when compared to other hotel loyalty programs
No sure what you refer to as the "4th night free" benefit is automatic (once activated which might take a week or two after approval).
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:08 pm

If I book a stay with a fourth night free and cancel the card before the check-in date to avoid the annual fee, will the forth night still be free? Has anyone tried?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
No sure what you refer to as the "4th night free" benefit is automatic (once activated which might take a week or two after approval).
I've had the card for more than six months already
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:49 am
Original Poster

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:24 am
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:22 pm

Does this work for simultaneous stays?

For our family, we need two rooms. If we get the card, can we book 2 rooms x 4 nights for the price of 2 rooms x 3 nights? I read these threads and other forums, and didn't find the answer.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by agpt

For our family, we need two rooms. If we get the card, can we book 2 rooms x 4 nights for the price of 2 rooms x 3 nights? I read these threads and other forums, and didn't find the answer.
same question - i assume the answer is yes... if it applies a discount at booking you are all set...
Old May 1, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: IHG Spire- Marriott-Hilton Diamond sort of- Choice Diamond
Originally Posted by azepine00
same question - i assume the answer is yes... if it applies a discount at booking you are all set...

In January I booked a room for over a month getting each 4th night free and booked elsewhere for 4 nights during that stay and got that 4th night free. Haven't tried 2 stays in the same hotel though.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
One more DP - the 'Change Stay' suggestion made by @Colin worked out just fine for me for an upcoming 4 night stay, for which I only had 3 nights' worth of points.

Originally Posted by Colin
nah, the "change stay" workaround remains functional. confirmed just now.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Hi, I've had the same issue booking 4 nights with points only for 3 online but when I try and book via IHG app, it books with no issue whatsoever.
May try booking via the app, worked perfectly for me when the website wouldn't let me. YMMV.
dagangwood likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I've had no problem using the website (not app) to book 4 award nights and being charged for only 3 nights of points. I've done it 4 or 5 times so far. YMMV.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold

Yes, I did this for a stay this coming Sept. I did book over the phone though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.