320 W 36th St,
New York, NY 10018,
USA
Tel +1 646-928-3800
E-Mail CPMidtown [@] ihg.com

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/new-york/nycpc/hoteldetail

Next tube / subway station:
34 Street / Penn Station (served by A, E, 1, 2, 3)

Recent Experiences
July 2018
Print Wikipost

Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown Manhattan (Master Thread)

Unless my searches have somehow failed to find it, it doesn't appear there is a thread about this newish property. Has anyone stayed and can they share their experiences?
Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Seems like I may be the first to stay. In all, I found the hotel pretty nice, and a good addition to the IHG portfolio in NYC. It struck me as closer to a Kimpton than a standard CP, but was very modern, with decent sized rooms (for New York). I had to wait a while to check-in as they only had one person on staff, but otherwise had no complaints. Well, that and the fact that the wardrobe in lieu of closet was comically small and barely had room for my suit and a shirt. The bathroom was quite large, on the other hand.
As an IHG Platinum on an award stay, I was upgraded to a high floor with a decent view. The gym in the basement was great, and had Peloton bikes.
The hotel restaurant is a bit overpriced, but has a nice garden in the back.
Would definitely consider again. Pics below

Hotel exterior

Small wardrobe

Room view

Fitness center
markko, FLYGVA and patmcpsu like this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:51 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Thank your for the review.
Added to the master thread and also created a wiki with additional information.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:24 am

Any benefits extended to Platinum members? CP Times Square gave out breakfast vouchers for USD10.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Any benefits extended to Platinum members? CP Times Square gave out breakfast vouchers for USD10.
As of June, just the benefits indicated above:i.e., upgrade and standard IHG points amenity. The CP Times Square also has a $30 a night plus tax "destination fee." This property does not.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
How about the notorious resort fees
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iggyray
How about the notorious resort fees
As I said in the post immediately preceding, there are not currently any such fees.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Awards stay

Just stayed here for 4 nights on an awards stay as a spire member.
Not offered a choice of amenity, but points were added to my account before I even checked in! According to the app I was upgraded from a leisure to a superior room on the 22nd floor. No robes or anything in the room as shown in the above photo. No other perks or real recognition of status, they grudgingly gave me a 1pm checkout on the last day.
Oversll it was fine, but with so many other options in NYC I won’t be back. I much prefer Indigo LES or Stay bridge TS if I want to be in mid town.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:22 pm

Can anyone advise the difference between a King Suite and a King Executive Suite? The Executive Suite appears to be a higher category, but at the same price - no description or photos of either on the website!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
There is now a $30/day "Destination Fee" which covers, "...complimentary water, champagne toast, and snack upon check in, complimentary high speed wifi and local & long distance phone calls, and a 24 hour complimentary CitiBike Pass." Not sure if the bike pass is per day or per stay, hopefully per day because I use those. Not thrilled since I was aiming for a bargain with my $80 Priceline bid, but I don't have status at IHG so I was expecting to pay $10-15 per day for Internet anyway.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Anyone have any luck getting them to waive the 19 USD "amenity fee"? If not, were you able to use the CitiBike Pass?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BigE
Anyone have any luck getting them to waive the 19 USD "amenity fee"? If not, were you able to use the CitiBike Pass?
Spire members don’t pay amenity fees.
Old May 11, 2022, 9:40 am

Stayed here on FN over the weekend as a Diamond. Was offered a choice of either points, drink voucher, or breakfast. They said the hotel is one of the 10 hotels to test out this before the system wide roll out in June. Proactively upgraded to the Manhattan suite on the top floor. 1 pm late check out offered. Breakfast was excellent and you could order anything on the menu. Only thing I paid for the whole stay was the tip for breakfast.
The suite is amazing with two bathrooms. Jetted tub in the master bathroom. Bedding was comfortable and shower pressure was great. Overall this stay far exceeded expectations.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Destination fee still be charged? Have perks for Platinum been upgraded at all?
Old Aug 13, 2022, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Destination fee still be charged? Have perks for Platinum been upgraded at all?
As recent as May, I can confirm the hotel does not charge the amenity fee for award bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.