Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which IC in Singapore?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Which IC in Singapore?

Any recommendations for which InterContinental to stay at in Singapore as a Royal Ambassador? InterContinental Singapore or the new InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Just to begin... I’ve not stayed at either yet...

but! I have done a fair amount of research as I’ll be going to Singapore as a RA in December.

From what I have understood is only go to the Robertson Quay if you have to be in that area for a reason... otherwise the standard IC there is the best option.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Like Lewis42, I haven't stayed at either yet, and I've also been looking at both extensively for a stay in July. I'm leaning towards the IC Singapore (not Robertson Quay) for its easy access to the Bugis MRT station, lower reward points required (50K vs 60K), and because the rooms at the Robertson Quay seem particularly small.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:57 am

I stayed at the IC Singapore last year and would highly recommend it. Great location, great rooms. I'm not a RA, so I can't speak to how you'll be treated, but I recall the service being excellent. Just looking at the Robertson Quay IC on the map, it looks like a an very nice location, but more of a nice, new business area, not as Central as the IC Singapore.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
IC Sing (Bugis).
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I stayed multiple times at the IC Singapore and a couple of weeks ago at the IC Robertson Quay. Here my pros and cons:
IC Singapore:
Pro: location (easy walking distance to downtown shopping dining, access to MTR), large rooms in classic luxurious design, large club with great service (but no view or outside sitting), nice restaurants/bars, good treatment of Ambassadors (some multi-level upgrades, very early 7 a.m. check-in etc)
Con: ... nothing really

IC Robertson Quay:
Pro: location (less traffic and close to river with a lot of restaurants/bars at river), brand new, nice club (comparable offerings to IC Singapore, nice terrace, but can get crowded, also Club was closed the first two days of my stay due to 'private event' ....)
Con: location (difficult to access by public transport, longer drive from/to airport), very small rooms (had lowest level 'suite', which was smaller than any room at the IC Singapore), most rooms have very limited/unattractive views, main restaurant/bar is nice, but was also mostly not accessible on two nights due to 'private event', minor point: it is a bit annoying to have to take one elevator to the lobby walk over to other side of building and than take another one to the rooms (the IC Robertson Quay has only 13-floors or so)

I guess after this reflection, I would certainly prefer the IC Singapore.
tbm13 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
+1 for the older property (IC @bugis).

I agree on all points Viennaflyer mentioned above, would add:

IC Singapore: Rooms recently refurbished, nice views from rooms in main tower. Pool area is spacious and offers views. Club is very good but can get crowded as well and has no daylight, i.e. feels a bit dark during the day.

IC Robertson: Rooms do not have a proper workdesk. Pool area small and no views (blocked by wall next to the pool). Club is more modern and airy plus offers an outside area.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I've stayed at both, and would prefer the IC at Bugis. As others said, the IC Robertson Quay only if you need to be in that area.

Not sure if RA will make any difference in choice.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Don't discount Hotel Indigo. It is in an absolutely wonderful and charming neighborhood.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Great feedback! I was leaning towards IC Singapore and will probably book there. My trip isn't until January so will look forward to any RA reviews.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Don't discount Hotel Indigo. It is in an absolutely wonderful and charming neighborhood.
If I wasn't Royal Ambassador, I would have definitely looked into it!
Lewis42 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
My trip isn't until January so will look forward to any RA reviews.
Guess nothing will change by then, you will receive lounge access in any case plus the applicable upgrade:

IC SIN follows a very strict 2-cat approach that has been around for long. This means if you want a suite you will need to book a higher cat (min. Premier King). They are quite strict about it but may offer (ridiculously high) fees for further upgrades.

IC Robertson has a more flexible, which does not matter anyways since even suites are very small

OT note: How can you know your A/RA status in January? We all now everything is possible with IHG
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sultanbinaber
Guess nothing will change by then, you will receive lounge access in any case plus the applicable upgrade:

IC SIN follows a very strict 2-cat approach that has been around for long. This means if you want a suite you will need to book a higher cat (min. Premier King). They are quite strict about it but may offer (ridiculously high) fees for further upgrades.

IC Robertson has a more flexible, which does not matter anyways since even suites are very small

OT note: How can you know your A/RA status in January? We all now everything is possible with IHG
RA expiration is now 31 Jan 2019!
sultanbinaber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.