Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo rate cheaper than prepaid reservatiom

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Promo rate cheaper than prepaid reservatiom

I have a reservation at a Tokyo IC which was prepaid by me. IHG now runs a Japan promo and the rate is substantially
lower. How will IHG handle this? Will they refund the difference? Best to call hotel? Any experiences? Thanks.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
I have a reservation at a Tokyo IC which was prepaid by me. IHG now runs a Japan promo and the rate is substantially
lower. How will IHG handle this? Will they refund the difference? Best to call hotel? Any experiences? Thanks.
Room rates go up and down, promo-sales come and go. I'd never book BAR 11months out (unless an in demand peak day, reg NYE), as they tend to be set hopefully high by revenue managers initially , and only book BAR in last 3months before a stay.

You were obviously happy with getting a locked in rate when booking a BAR advance payment non-cancelable rate. You would not expect to pay hotel more if rate increased, and same applies to rate reductions,

Look at BAR as a net win scenario, add up all the room rate increases versus reductions and you'll still be coming out ahead, despite an occasional hotel room droping in rate
markle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.