Wiki Posts
Search

HIX London City vs. HIX Park Royal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
HIX London City vs. HIX Park Royal

For Q2 2018 accelerate, I have to stay at 3 different brands. I have settled on HI in Manchester and CP in Jakarta; hence, the remaining affordable option I'm left with is HIX in London.

On my first 2 nights, I will be staying at a non-IHG hotel in the Russell Square station area. I will then move to a HIX hotel for night 3 then head to LHR T3 on Day 4. I have narrowed my options down to:

HIX London City: Closest to Russell Square. Need to transfer tube once to get to LHR. One night stay for my date: £102
HIX Park Royal: Despite being closer to LHR, it's slightly more inconvenient as I have to transfer tubes twice. £85

Through dummy searches, the best time to book for hotels for the lowest price in London seems to be 5-6 weeks in advance. As I'm still about ~9 weeks away, I will wait for at least 2 more weeks before booking. If the HIX London City' s price goes down to Park Royal's level, I would prefer HIX London City.

At £17 price difference, which is a better option?

I have also looked into staying at Holiday Inn Express
London - Heathrow T5 but at only slightly cheaper (£73) than Park Royal, it doesn't seem worth the trouble as I still need to pay additional for bus rides.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Well for you, is the time / hassle for 1 extra tube transfer worth £17?

For me it would depend on two things:

1. Personal Cost or Business Cost
2. How much Luggage do I have

If it is a busienss cost, I would take the most convenient for me.

If it is a personal cost and I have alot of luggage, I would take the most convenient. If I don't have much luggage I would save the £17 and splash out on a nicer dinner.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lewis42
Well for you, is the time / hassle for 1 extra tube transfer worth £17?

For me it would depend on two things:

1. Personal Cost or Business Cost
2. How much Luggage do I have

If it is a busienss cost, I would take the most convenient for me.

If it is a personal cost and I have alot of luggage, I would take the most convenient. If I don't have much luggage I would save the £17 and splash out on a nicer dinner.
Maybe. This is a personal trip. The bag I will be lugging around will probably be ~15kg.

I have only been to London once for 2 days; hence the potential benefit of moving to Park Royal is possibly sightseeing something interesting in that area?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:04 am

I’ve stayed at Park Royal a few times and it’s fine. There’s not much to do in the immediate area but there is a Tesco, sainsburys and a subway next to the hotel for food etc.

Quickest way to LHR from there is take the central line to Ealing Broadway and then take the train to LHR rather than doing the tube and it’s not that expensive.

Based on that Park Royal would be my choice. It’s also right next to the station so not far to go with luggage etc.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrism20
I’ve stayed at Park Royal a few times and it’s fine. There’s not much to do in the immediate area but there is a Tesco, sainsburys and a subway next to the hotel for food etc.

Quickest way to LHR from there is take the central line to Ealing Broadway and then take the train to LHR rather than doing the tube and it’s not that expensive.

Based on that Park Royal would be my choice. It’s also right next to the station so not far to go with luggage etc.
It's a good alternative but when I searched HIX - Park Royal to Ealing Broadway it's £1.70 + Ealing Broadway to LHR T3 £8 while HIX - Park Royal to LHR T3 via tube is £2.80. Do you get a discount using Oyster card when transferring from tube to railway?

Seems like I'm leaning onto HIX - Park Royal due to vicinity to North Action tube station.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by hightide
It's a good alternative but when I searched HIX - Park Royal to Ealing Broadway it's £1.70 + Ealing Broadway to LHR T3 £8 while HIX - Park Royal to LHR T3 via tube is £2.80. Do you get a discount using Oyster card when transferring from tube to railway?

Seems like I'm leaning onto HIX - Park Royal due to vicinity to North Action tube station.
I don’t think you can use oyster at all on Heathrow Connect so it would be £8.

Personally its £8 I’d be happy to pay to avoid the double change at Ealing and Acton. If you’re happy to change and have plenty of time though there probably isn’t much of a time saving if the tubes running smoothly.
hightide likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.