Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

Accelerate 1 May 2018 - 31 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
its been over 2 weeks now since i completed my first task & almost a week since i completed my last one but still my dashboard shows everything as incomplete....anyone else experiencing such a delay????
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:15 pm

Location: Not home. Average travel days during the last five years 240 days per year.
Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum Lumo&lifetime Gold , IHG Spire Royal Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Elite
Earn 95,600 total bonus points. Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 95,600 total bonus points.

My Offers

2,000 Happy Anniversary Bonus - Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 2,000 bonus points.

26,000 Stay More, Earn More - Stay 13 nights and earn 26,000 bonus points. Terms

26,000 Stay More, Earn Even More - Get an additional 26,000 bonus points after night 26. Terms

15,200 Saturday Stays Bonus - Stay 8 weekend(s), including a Saturday night and another night, and earn 15,200 bonus points.

2,500 Corporate Account Bonus - Stay 3 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 2,500 bonus points. Stays booked through your corporate portal count towards the promotion.

8,000 Explore with Confidence - Have 2 stays in any country in North America, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 8,000 bonus points.

13,900 Your Achievement Bonus - Complete 5 of the 6 offers and earn (an additional) 13,900 bonus points.

2,000 May Bonus Offer - Stay once in May and get 2,000 bonus points. Terms
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Just an update on my "Booking with IHG App" task": I booked after registration but before Accelerate started (before 1 May 2018) using the IHG app. Stay completed yesterday and dashboard updated! So it means that for stays booked before Accelerate officially starts, even using the App, still counts. (The T&C was a bit ambiguous about booking before 1 May)
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by thealphalion
Just an update on my "Booking with IHG App" task": I booked after registration but before Accelerate started (before 1 May 2018) using the IHG app. Stay completed yesterday and dashboard updated! So it means that for stays booked before Accelerate officially starts, even using the App, still counts. (The T&C was a bit ambiguous about booking before 1 May)
i had the same task....booked after registration & after accelerate started....its been well over 2 weeks since the stay posted but my dashboard is yet to update....
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
its been over 2 weeks now since i completed my first task & almost a week since i completed my last one but still my dashboard shows everything as incomplete....anyone else experiencing such a delay????
It very much depends on the specific tasks, plus how quickly the hotel posts (the normal stay/points info to your account).

Some types of tasks that are "simple" (stay N times) tend to post quicker, some types of tasks that are "complex" (requiring correlating multiple databases) like "did you complete this stay and pay for it with an IHG card") can often take a month or more (because they have to at least wait for your credit card statement to post to IHG).

And if the hotel is slow to post, that'll slow down every task of course.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It should be for any IHG credit card. The way they seem to figure this out is based on Chase posting points for your hotel stay corresponding to a stay you reserved on the IHG side and completed.

However, since you have to do two stays, it might be safer to do both stays on the same card (whichever card). They might confused if they don't see both stays on the same IHG card, as they'll have statements (posting points from Chase to IHG) at different times of month.
So far, that's not been my experience. The exact offer is "Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points." I've already paid a stay with my Premier card, and even received the points from that stay about 10 days ago. Yet, no points from Accelerate yet. I am not hopeful with that one.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Keyser
i had the same task....booked after registration & after accelerate started....its been well over 2 weeks since the stay posted but my dashboard is yet to update....
Did the stay post properly (qualifying rate, elite points, etc)? Be sure to save a copy of the hotel bill in case you need to contact IHG about this.

Also, is the hotel new? I remember when the Intercontinental Singapore Robertson Quay just opened it was excluded from some Intercontinental promotions.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It very much depends on the specific tasks, plus how quickly the hotel posts (the normal stay/points info to your account).

Some types of tasks that are "simple" (stay N times) tend to post quicker, some types of tasks that are "complex" (requiring correlating multiple databases) like "did you complete this stay and pay for it with an IHG card") can often take a month or more (because they have to at least wait for your credit card statement to post to IHG).

And if the hotel is slow to post, that'll slow down every task of course.
one of the tasks was to stay once in the month of may, another was to complete one stay, another was to book using the app....these should not take too long to post....the credit card task takes forever to complete so that one i'm not expecting to update for a while....

all stays posted 2-3 days after checkout so no delays there....
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thealphalion
Did the stay post properly (qualifying rate, elite points, etc)? Be sure to save a copy of the hotel bill in case you need to contact IHG about this.

Also, is the hotel new? I remember when the Intercontinental Singapore Robertson Quay just opened it was excluded from some Intercontinental promotions.
all stays posted correctly....got the elite night credit, points, etc....also, all hotels have been around for a while....i've stayed at them multiple times before....
Old Jun 14, 2018, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Super Mario
So far, that's not been my experience. The exact offer is "Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points." I've already paid a stay with my Premier card, and even received the points from that stay about 10 days ago. Yet, no points from Accelerate yet. I am not hopeful with that one.
I don't see why you quoted what you did. In other posts, I've explained that Chase doesn't know that you paid with the IHG Rewards Club Credit Card for that stay until the Chase statement posts the points to your IHG account, and then at some point later they do a "sweep" (a program or script that compares multiple databases) to see if you both completed your stay and that stay earned points through your Chase IHG card.

That's why it takes so long. I never claimed it didn't. Nothing you in what you quoted said that it posts quickly.

And you never explained whether you Chase statement (on which you paid for that hotel) has posted yet or not. Your stay posting to the IHG website directly is just the first phase, you Chase statement points for using card post in a separate step (and then the "sweep" which compares all that together is yet a separate step).
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I don't see why you quoted what you did. In other posts, I've explained that Chase doesn't know that you paid with the IHG Rewards Club Credit Card for that stay until the Chase statement posts the points to your IHG account, and then at some point later they do a "sweep" (a program or script that compares multiple databases) to see if you both completed your stay and that stay earned points through your Chase IHG card.

That's why it takes so long. I never claimed it didn't. Nothing you in what you quoted said that it posts quickly.

And you never explained whether you Chase statement (on which you paid for that hotel) has posted yet or not. Your stay posting to the IHG website directly is just the first phase, you Chase statement points for using card post in a separate step (and then the "sweep" which compares all that together is yet a separate step).
I'm not sure what got you so fired up. This explanation is far more detailed than the first one you gave. Yes, it has been past my statement date. I thought that since the credit card points posted to my account, and the statement date had passed, that maybe I should see the accelerate posting. IHG seemed to be a lot quicker on posting points this round of accelerate, so I assumed I'd see this one already as it's approaching a month. Thanks for the explanation.

Last edited by Super Mario; Jun 15, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta Ham Sandwich, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
This is the one that didn't post for me. I figured it would be delayed until after my statement was issued. Thanks for the good info Sdsearch.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
I paid for a stay on my IHG card during the end of the first Accelerate promo of this year, to trigger my task bonus for the Q1 promotion. The "sweep" seems to have occurred after that promotion closed, and the task was checked for the current Accelerate promotion (during which time I have not paid for a stay on my IHG card) and I never got the bonus points for Q1. Contacting them on Twitter now to see if they can sort this out...

*edit* - They manually posted the points for me in about 10 minutes after sending them a Twitter DM.

Last edited by LizGross144; Jun 16, 2018 at 9:46 am Reason: updating my Twitter results.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:50 pm

Just got the Weekend Stay bonus for a Sunday-Tuesday stay. Not going to complain.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:14 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
First paid stay booked during this promo. My stay once and bonus point package tasks posted along with the regular points from the stay - quite surprised. Is this a new thing?

The stay at 4 HIXs task also updated to 25% on the dashboard as soon as the regular points had posted.

The pay with IHG card task hasn't updated, but this appears to be normal from previous posts.

However, the book with app task hasn't updated either. Never had problems with app booking registering correctly in previous promos - but I used my new android phone for the first time instead of my ipad. How do you prove you booked with the app after the stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.