Accelerate 1 May 2018 - 31 July 2018

Hide Wikipost
Old May 1, 18, 3:43 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beachmouse
Wiki Link
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 13, 18, 7:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
I didn't complete anything for the final Accelerate bonus in 2017. For the promotion ending April 30, I've only completed 2 offers (but will earn 52,700 by the end of the promo by completing all but 1 task with 3 stays.

I'm a fan of my tasks for the promotion starting May 1:
  • 2,000 points stay once
  • 10,000 points for 5 nights
  • 12,000 points stay at 2 Holiday Inns
  • 9,600 book 2 stays with the app
  • 1,500 book and pay with the CC (won't do this)
  • 12,600 achievement bonus (complete 4/5)
  • 2,0000 bonus - stay once in May
  • 1,500 bonus - stay at Intercontinental, Indigo, or Even (probably won't do this)
I'll clear 48,200 bonus points with 3 stays/6 nights that I needed to do for work anyway.
Old Apr 13, 18, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by strickers View Post
Quick question on book via the App task?

The terms state: 'Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Stays are booked via the official IHG® App and consumed between 1 May 2018 and 31 July 2018 (both dates inclusive)'

The could be read as 'booked and consumed' or 'booked via app and consumed in the period'.

Does anyone have any experience?

Ta.
At Your Own Risk booking earlier. If it doesn't post automatically to your dashboard, IHG reps may well say you booked outside the dates.
Old Apr 13, 18, 8:45 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Earn 91,500 total bonus points.

Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 91,500 total bonus points.

2,000 Happy Birthday Bonus
10,000 Stay More, Earn More
12,600 Stay at Crowne Plaza®
9,600 Travel with the IHG® App
28,800 Saturday Stays Bonus
26,500 Your Achievement Bonus

2,000 May Bonus Offer
Old Apr 14, 18, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by UKDegsy View Post
I have a stay already with check in 31July and check out 1 Aug. I stay a lot but have never stayed over a boundary date. Will it count for this promo ?

UKD
and it's a bump from me ...

does 30 April/01May count as the final night of the current promotion?

or is it the first night of May/July accelerate ?

or is it no-man's land?

Today's 14 April, and the website says 15 days to go for the current promotion. I reckon that should be 16 or 17, depending on the answer to the above.
Old Apr 14, 18, 7:05 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Shouldn't this thread be titled Accelerate 2? Anyways... decent tasks, like a birthday stay ^

2,000 Happy Birthday Bonus
Your Birthday is around the corner! Celebrate with us and stay once at any IHG® by 31 July and get 2,000 bonus points.

16,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 8 night(s) and earn 16,000 bonus points.

7,200 Stay at Holiday Inn®
Stay at 3 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 7,200 bonus points.

1,000 Purchase Points Now and Stay Later
Earn 1,000 bonus points when you purchase IHG® Rewards Club points and get a Reward Night faster.

12,300 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 12,300 bonus points.

2,000 May Bonus Offer
Stay once in May and get 2,000 bonus points.

1,500 Exclusive Brand Bonus
Stay once at an InterContinental®, Hotel Indigo® or Even® hotel and earn 1,500 bonus points.
Old Apr 14, 18, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
IT fun and games.

I have 6 targets, but my Achievement Bonus is for 6 out of 7 targets.

The total points quoted is also 2,000 points short of the individual targets received.

So obviously I've got a missing 2,000 point target. Pretty hard to work towards a target if they won't tell you what it is!
Old Apr 14, 18, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
IT fun and games.

I have 6 targets, but my Achievement Bonus is for 6 out of 7 targets.

The total points quoted is also 2,000 points short of the individual targets received.

So obviously I've got a missing 2,000 point target. Pretty hard to work towards a target if they won't tell you what it is!
I also only have 6 showing now, but the achievement bonus is "6 out of 7"!
I believe a task has been taken off my list - when I registered yesterday, I remember seeing a credit card task. I was upset because I'd cancelled my credit card last July, and I keep getting this task in Accelerate. Looks like they realised it was an error.... and removed it?
But it looks like I still have to do all 6 tasks to hit my bonus!
Old Apr 14, 18, 10:48 am

I have not received any email related to this Accelerate period (May-July), nor is it listed under Offers when I check my IHG account. Does this mean anything? Does IHG roll out the next period's promotion, and I should just wait?
Old Apr 14, 18, 11:04 am

Well mine is really poor this time:

2000 - Stay once
10000 - Stay 5 more
4800 - Book two using the app
1500 - Pay with CC

21700 - Complete 3/4 above
2000 - Stay during May
1500 - Stay at IC

Possible 43,500

But will not be able to use app nor stay at IC so 37,200 max for me
Old Apr 14, 18, 12:45 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Looks like mine is different from all prior posts.Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 65,600 total bonus points.
2,000 Stay Once
10,000 Stay More, Earn More - 5 nights
(won't complete this)
20,000 Discover Our Brands - Stay at 3 brands (I have planned stays for HI Manchester and HIX London. Will probably do a mattress run at CP Jakarta to complete this)
3,200 Travel with the IHG® App - Book 2 Stays
8,000 Explore with Confidence -
Have 2 stays in any country in Europe, Greater China, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa
1,500 Spend on Your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
17,400 Your Achievement Bonus -
Complete 5 of the 6 offers

2,000 May Bonus Offer (thinking of doing the CP Jakarta mattress run in May)
1,500 Exclusive Brand Bonus - Stay once at an InterContinental®, Hotel Indigo® or Even® hotel and earn 1,500 bonus points (won't do this)

The 2 nights in UK will cost me ~US$245 total and mattress run in Indonesia will cost me ~US$70, netting me 52,100 bonus points or 54,100 (if I do one stay in May).
I suppose it's safest to do the 2 app bookings in May? "
Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Stays are booked via the official IHG® App and consumed between 1 May 2018 and 31 July 2018 (both dates inclusive)"
Old Apr 14, 18, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, WN A-, AA LT Gold, IHG S/KIC, NCR EC
6+ nights in 2+ stays, one of them being a Kimpton, one of them being in May, will get me 42k. There's other stuff, but not worth my time.
Old Apr 15, 18, 5:01 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger View Post
I checked those for my Weekend task, finding "Booked​ and consumed during the promo period ..."

One could argue that's ambiguous, but a rep could seize on that wording to deny credit for pre-booked stays.
What's ambiguous about it?
Old Apr 15, 18, 7:53 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The thing about my offer, while it’s OK, is that it does not really motivate me to direct seven nights of stays to IHG. There’s no real achievement bonus that’s worth working towards, in my opinion. But having said that, it’s a lot better than any of the other promotions offered by the other hotel groups. I suppose we should be grateful they continue to run these promotions.
Old Apr 15, 18, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
The thing about my offer, while it’s OK, is that it does not really motivate me to direct seven nights of stays to IHG. There’s no real achievement bonus that’s worth working towards, in my opinion. But having said that, it’s a lot better than any of the other promotions offered by the other hotel groups. I suppose we should be grateful they continue to run these promotions.
Yes those were my thoughts back in January. Since these promotions started my achievement bonus has went from 60k to 10k for the one just finishing. The new one is 16,200.

Tbh if I’m going to hotel hop, stay weekends, book bonus points packages, eat in a hotel, stay at multiple brands, book on an app and sometimes stay in multiple countries I want an achievement bonus that’s eyecatching. As it stands the total for achieving everything doesn’t even get you a night in a top category hotel.

This style of promo is clearly working for them though so fair play to them, however it’s probably having a negative effect on my stay patterns as there is no motivation to do anymore than the target because if you do you end up with something totally unachievable on the next few.
Old Apr 15, 18, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
There's always room to nitpick. However, it's a big part of why I continue to choose IHG. If I hit my 6 stays, which I probably will for work, I'll take home at least 50,000 points between my normal points and accelerate. I have an upcoming stay at the IC in San Juan for that same amount of points that would have cost me $500 total out of pocket. In the grand scheme of things, that is not bad at all for staying at a Holiday Inn Express for 6 nights, which likely won't exceed $700 of total spend.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: