Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:56 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Post New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

The two new personal Chase IHG credit cards are now showing online with available details, but with no application links yet as of April 4th, 2018.

https://www.chase.com/content/chase-...edit-cards/ihg

The three options will be:
  • IHG Rewards Club Premier (World Elite MC) - NEW!
  • IHG Rewards Club Traveler (MC) - NEW!
  • IHG Rewards Club Select (MC) - Existing Card

Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Having a World Elite Mastercard entitles you to Hertz President's Circle, not bad.

Edit* I guess it only works for those located in the Middle East.

Last edited by FlyingKansan; Apr 4, 2018 at 1:34 pm Reason: error
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:01 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Good find. I wonder if the new cards will be going live tomorrow (4/5) or the day after... since Chase said new applicants for the existing card before 4/5 would still get the unrestricted annual free night for the first year... so perhaps today or tomorrow will be the final day to apply for the existing card.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:08 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by dw
Good find. I wonder if the new cards will be going live tomorrow (4/5) or the day after... since Chase said new applicants for the existing card before 4/5 would still get the unrestricted annual free night for the first year... so perhaps today or tomorrow will be the final day to apply for the existing card.
Guess we'll see. As a current select holder with an anniversary in Sept. my plan is to collect the free night and then close account to reopen/collect on an IHG Premier card bonus.

Wonder if there will be any upgrade bonus offers or restrictions on a Premier bonus?

My original IHG bonus will be going on 3-years, so I'm good there if it is a standard churn 24-month deal, but they could go the Citi bonus route and pull the whole Open OR Close 24-month rule that would stink!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
I'm confused! So will the Traveler replace the current card or will they have 3 cards? If the Traveler replaces the current version then there is no mention at all of a free night! That would mean you would need to "upgrade" to the Premier at a higher cost to get even less...40k redemption vs free night now.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:13 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by christianj
I'm confused! So will the Traveler replace the current card or will they have 3 cards? If the Traveler replaces the current version then there is no mention at all of a free night! That would mean you would need to "upgrade" to the Premier at a higher cost to get even less...40k redemption vs free night now.
The current card will not be offered to new applicants starting soon, but for the time being the existing cardholders will most likely be "grandfathered" into the $49 annual fee with existing benefits (though clearly with the inferior anniversary free night). Chase has a history of supporting legacy co-branded cards that are no longer offered, so I don't think existing cardholders will see any changes for a few years.

EDIT to add: In fact, if you look at this link, Chase has already moved the exiting card to the page with all the other "legacy" cards that presumably some people are still holding and haven't been forced to convert to a newer card product:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...s/other-ihg-cc
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:16 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by christianj
As far as I see FOR NOW there will be 3 IHG CC options, Travelers - $29 AF, Select - $49 AF and Premier - $89 AF.

The Select application link is still alive and ready with the 60k points bonus and restricted Free Night.

https://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2018...new-cards.html

Last edited by Tony300S; Apr 4, 2018 at 2:20 pm Reason: Might be wrong about the Select, but it's an option for now.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:25 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingKansan
Having a World Elite Mastercard entitles you to Hertz President's Circle, not bad.

Edit* I guess it only works for those located in the Middle East.
Full World Elite travel perks listed here: https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/cons...-benefits.html
glennaa11 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
So, any thoughts on whether IHG and Chase will allow simultaneous possession of the old card and the Premier? In other words, the ability to get two free nights per year--although at the 40K, with some exceptions., limit.

Despite some of the outcry, if that's the new landscape, I think $130 for two free nights, even limited as above, is an attractive proposition. Maybe that possible combination explains the "devaluation".
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I'm a bit underwhelmed by the Premier card. If there was a 10% rebate and even 60,000 point free night, I would pay $150, maybe $200 for the annual fee.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Does anyone know - if you're a holder of the current/sunsetting card, are you still eligible for the sign-up bonus for the new $89 card? Since I've already burned my free night this year and have a fair amount of IHG spend left, I'd probably just get the new card and cancel the old one.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tony300S
Full World Elite travel perks listed here: https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/cons...-benefits.html
Not sure all World Elite benefits will apply.
Remember Chase did not provide all of the Infinite benefits on the CSR
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: BA
do you get 20% discount on points purchased with points+cash?
does 4th night free include points+cash stays?
if you have both the new premier and the old $49 card, do you get 2 anniversary free nights?

i may downgrade my existing $49 card to the no fee one in order at least to lock in gold elite status forever. the 'traveler' card requires $10,000 spend for gold elite status, the existing no fee IHG card has no spend requirement for gold status
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Super Mario
I'm a bit underwhelmed by the Premier card. If there was a 10% rebate and even 60,000 point free night, I would pay $150, maybe $200 for the annual fee.
I think the "4th Night Free" benefit will be a great perk, and per the terms it's unlimited in use:
"Members can utilize the 4th Reward Night Free benefit on an unlimited number of stays annually."

Example.... let assume TWO 4-night reward stays at an upper tier 60K point per night hotel.... Total cost 480,000 points.

With the current Select CC 10% rebate you'll get back 48,000 points and spend 432,000 as a result.
With the new Premier CC 4th night free you'll save 120,000 points and spend ONLY 360,000 points.
That's a savings of 72,000 points or basically more than an extra night worth $360 @ a $0.005 point value.

Also remember, the 10% rebate is/was capped at 100K points per year. I can seen though that this will benefit the points rich IHG members much more than casual users, but then again isn't that what a top tier hotel CC should be?

Plus the TSA Pre/Global Entry is basically a $25 per year value outright since it's capped at $100 every 4-years.

Last edited by Tony300S; Apr 5, 2018 at 8:11 am
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Tony300S
I think the "4th Night Free" benefit will be a great perk, and per the terms it's unlimited in use:
"Members can utilize the 4th Reward Night Free benefit on an unlimited number of stays annually."

Example.... let assume TWO 4-night reward stays at an upper tier 60K point per night hotel.... Total cost 480,000 points.

With the 10% rebate you'll get back 48,000 points and spend 432,000 as a result.
With the 4th night free you'll save 120,000 points and spend ONLY 360,000 points.
That's a savings of 72,000 points or basically more than an extra night worth $360 @ a $0.005 point value.

Also remember, the 10% rebate was capped at 100K points per year. I can seen though that this will benefit the points rich IHG members much more than casual users, but then again isn't that what a top tier hotel CC should be?

Plus the TSA Pre/Global Entry is basically a $25 per year value outright since it's capped at $100 every 4-years.
I thought the new card did not have 10% rebate??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.