Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Got it. Thanks, folks.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by martinp13
Reading from the beginning of the thread, I saw that a dummy IHG booking would get you an extra $50 statement credit when applying for the Premier card. I tried one but I think I'm the only dummy here. Does that "trick" still work?

EDIT: I tried again, and during my "booking" saw the ad at the bottom of the page. Clicked it and sure enough, $50 statement credit after my first purchase in addition to the 80000+40000 point offer. Yay!
I'm glad I scrolled back to see your post. I was about to apply for the 125k offer, so I started a booking and got the $50 statement credit, too.

I wonder if this is Chase & IHG's way of tempting us to apply directly through them instead of using a blogger link on which they have to pay a commission.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 2:25 pm

Will IHG Points Post After I Have Closed Premier Card Account?

My annual fee is due by 10/3/19, as shown in my 9/6/19 statement, so I'm going to close the account. My latest stay, however, will be in the 10/6/19 statement. and I've already paid that amount. Does anyone know if I will get the points in the October 6 statement, if I close the account on 10/3? I could wait to cancel until 10/6; I suppose the worst that could happen is a possible small "interest due" balance on the $89 fee before I request a credit for that amount.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Apologies if covered in a separate thread, but got the new MC to go along with the old MC. For bonus points and another extra night will keep both for a bit.

The new MC offer includes a first year bonus of 4 points per dollar on all other purchases. Will I get 4x elite qualifying points on my CC spend? If so good reason to put a few more bucks on the card this year and next to ensure Spire stays intact. If not, meh, I'm already long in this depreciating currency - it's not a sound move
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:27 pm

Did somewhat of an extensive search and couldn't find the answer. Can you have all 3 IHG Chase cards? Select, Premier, and now Traveler? I understand Traveler is kind of a waste of 5/24 but just wondering.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:35 pm

yes you can, I first started with the Select card right before they stopped accepting applications. Then when the premier and traveler came out, I got both at same time, then a year after that I upgraded the traveler to 2nd premier. So now I have one select and two premier.

Originally Posted by milty908
Did somewhat of an extensive search and couldn't find the answer. Can you have all 3 IHG Chase cards? Select, Premier, and now Traveler? I understand Traveler is kind of a waste of 5/24 but just wondering.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tanlee07
[...] I upgraded the traveler to 2nd premier. So now I have one select and two premier.
What is the advantage of a second Premier card? Does it get you a second (or, in your case, a third, including Select) free night? Anything else?
beltway likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serpens
What is the advantage of a second Premier card? Does it get you a second (or, in your case, a third, including Select) free night? Anything else?
I am assuming a second free night, but no other benefits. Would be very interested in data points indicating otherwise.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by DaveH
I am assuming a second free night, but no other benefits. Would be very interested in data points indicating otherwise.
yes a 2nd free night, in my case 3 free nights with the 49 bucks select card. And two free nights with two premier cards at 89 bucks. Just make sure to never upgrade the 49 bucks select card
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tanlee07
yes a 2nd free night, in my case 3 free nights with the 49 bucks select card. And two free nights with two premier cards at 89 bucks. Just make sure to never upgrade the 49 bucks select card
Thanks for confirming tanlee. Totally agree on never upgrading the select card...having one of each remains a powerful combination.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 2:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

In the current environment, I'm thinking about downgrading Premier to Traveler after the free night posts, then applying for a new Premier some months later. Comments? Any pitfalls?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by serpens
In the current environment, I'm thinking about downgrading Premier to Traveler after the free night posts, then applying for a new Premier some months later. Comments? Any pitfalls?
sounds like a good plan, only thing I can think about is, if you downgrade they might take away the free night, I can be wrong. But if you can downgrade and not pay the 89 bucks fee and pay the 29 bucks fee for the traveler and keep the free night, do it. And make sure when you are under 5/24, apply again for another premier.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 9:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
IHG Premier Signup Bonus Additional Points for Hotel Stays - Any Chance of Extension?

I obtained the IHG Premier card last October, with a 125K points bonus and 15 extra points per dollar for IHG stays for a year (total of 25 points per dollar for credit card spend during that period).

Since two-thirds of the year was shot by the pandemic, is there any chance of getting that extra 15 points per dollar extended into 2021? And who do I call, Chase or IHG? Each seems to want to push this onto the other.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I never had an IHG card. I'm looking to pick up one chase card at the moment and trying to decide between an IHG card and United Explorer card. The signup bonus for the united card is looking pretty good. Is the current offer on the ihg card of 125k an offer that comes around fairly often?
Old Aug 19, 2020, 2:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Explore
[...]15 extra points per dollar for IHG stays for a year [...]
If I recall correctly, an IHG Rewards Club member gets 10 points per dollar for the hotel bill (probably excluding taxes, but I'm not sure), 50% bonus (5 points per dollar) for Platinum status (which is conferred by the credit card), and 10 points per dollar for using the credit card for IHG spend. In other words, the extra 15 points per dollar is not a sign-up bonus nor limited to one year; it is standard operating procedure for having the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.