Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:41 pm

Do these cards still offer price protection? (Chase got rid of this benefit last year in response to so many "apps" automating and abusing the benefit but few bloggers seem to indicate that these cards offered through Mastercard still have them)

Benefit booklet that came with the card seem to have this but the website for new card application seem to have this benefit removed.

Any info/data point?

Thanks
Old May 6, 2019, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
Any update on the Global Entry credit?
Sorry for the delay, it's been ages since I've visited here. I charged TSA PreCheck (for a friend) on 7/9 and reimbursement was 3 weeks later on 7/27.
Tony300S likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Nate99
I just did the same thing but the rep told me that they couldn't expedite it because it involves a third party. It has to go through IHG...
Right. Sapphire rep actually just sent me a replacement card for the $49 AF IHG card which I already owned.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Global Entry Reimbursement

Originally Posted by U2936JAN
Sorry for the delay, it's been ages since I've visited here. I charged TSA PreCheck (for a friend) on 7/9 and reimbursement was 3 weeks later on 7/27.
Another DP here:

Renewal Fee of Global Entry charged on May-15;
Reimbursed on May-20;
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:59 am

Is anybody able to downgrade from the premier to select? Between spouse and I we only need one premier for the 4th night free, but having both accounts get access to the 10 percent rebate and cheaper annual fee is preferable
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by crimsona
Is anybody able to downgrade from the premier to select? Between spouse and I we only need one premier for the 4th night free, but having both accounts get access to the 10 percent rebate and cheaper annual fee is preferable
No, select is closed to new cardholders. If you don't already have it, you won't be able to get it.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
My DP:
Reached the 2K spend requirement during the 2nd monthly statement closed on June-16.
Received 80K IHG bonus points on June-19.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
I have noticed that as well. At one point, I was a little worried they had done away with it. There is a way to find it through the ihg website but you really have to be looking for it.
Still there you think? I am looking in hopes to find a way. Hints?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by pixelrogue
Still there you think? I am looking in hopes to find a way. Hints?
Go to the Chase page for the IHG Premier card. There’s a link for the Traveler card at the bottom.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Apologies if OT, but although these Mastercards aren't available as contactless, I did successfully add mine to Samsung Pay recently. When I tried a while back got slammed with an immediate "Ineligible!" several times.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by beltway
Go to the Chase page for the IHG Premier card. There’s a link for the Traveler card at the bottom.
Exactly. My husband just got the traveler card in the last couple of months.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:07 pm

Has anyone had or have a IHG traveler upgrade offer to the Premier card?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I finally upgraded to the Premier Chase card. Regarding the fourth night free on points stays, is there anything special I need to do to take advantage of that? Book through a special portal? Or does IHG simply report the stay to Chase and refund (or not charge) the fourth night? Does the hotel not charge it at all, or does IHG Priority Club charge it and refund it when they see I have the Premier Chase card?

Here’s my situation: a couple of months ago, I booked a four-night stay using points at an IC. The stay is still several months out. In the meantime, I upgraded from Chase select to Premier. Want to make sure I get that fourth night free benefit. Wondering if I should cancel and rebook now that I have the Premier card.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I finally upgraded to the Premier Chase card. Regarding the fourth night free on points stays, is there anything special I need to do to take advantage of that? Book through a special portal? Or does IHG simply report the stay to Chase and refund (or not charge) the fourth night? Does the hotel not charge it at all, or does IHG Priority Club charge it and refund it when they see I have the Premier Chase card?

Here’s my situation: a couple of months ago, I booked a four-night stay using points at an IC. The stay is still several months out. In the meantime, I upgraded from Chase select to Premier. Want to make sure I get that fourth night free benefit. Wondering if I should cancel and rebook now that I have the Premier card.

To be certain and if the IC has space available after you cancel (don't assume that your canceled four-night booking will automatically go back into rotation as an available room), then I'd cancel and rebook. I'm working on the assumption that the benefits you'll receive are those to which you're entitled at the time of booking, not at the time of your stay so unless you can rebook, you will not receive the fourth night free. Happy to be contradicted on this if others have data points from their own bookings.

I've found that the discount for the fourth night is applied when I book the room. For instance, I took advantage of one of the hotels on the most recent Pointsbreak list at 15K per night. When completing my four-night reservation on the website, I was charged only 45K. You don't have to go through any special portals as your IHG membership is linked to the cards you have. Since you've already upgraded to the Premier, it should pick up that you're entitled to the fourth night free benefit. As I retained my Select card as well as taking the Premier, I also get the 10% rebate on award redemptions, but that only occurs several weeks after the completion of the stay.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by MegatopLover

For new bookings, the search results page will show the full per night price, but when you get to the final confirmation page, the total shown will reflect the 4th night free, and that's all that's debited, so no refund is needed.

If the room is still available on points, and if you haven't passed the cancel deadline, then rebooking and then canceling the old one will be the easiest way to get the points back.
Redhead likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.