Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: Receive up to $50 United TravelBank Cash to use when you book United or United Express flights*

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by beltway
Am I imagining things, or is Chase burying the Traveler card? The only app links I can find are via blogger referrals; if you visit https://creditcards.chase.com or https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/cont...n/earn-rewards, the Traveler card doesnt exist.
I have noticed that as well. At one point, I was a little worried they had done away with it. There is a way to find it through the ihg website but you really have to be looking for it.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
I am now holding the old version Chase IHG cc.
If I apply for the new version cc using the same IHG account #, will I get combined benefits from both ccs, such as two free nights?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dagangwood
If I apply for the new version cc using the same IHG account #, will I get combined benefits from both ccs, such as two free nights?
Yes
dagangwood likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by jbeckett
Yes
Very glad to know that. Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:36 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Yes, see my post #358 a few above yours where I consolidated the two card benefits.
dagangwood likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
You'll also get 4th night free and 10% back on award bookings by holding both.
dagangwood likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Re: IHG card expedited delivery post-approval

I called the number on the back of my Sapphire card. The Sapphire rep was able to expedite delivery of the IHG card to 2 days
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:09 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tony300S
FINALLY just applied and was approved for my IHG Premier Card (Offer: 80K Points after $2k Spend) with a $24K CR. I was at 4/24 with Chase so figured I should double down and combine the credit inquiry, so I got the Freedom Unlimited as well.

As a IHG Spire AMB and an existing IHG Select card holder, this new card should stretch my points and options a bit further.

So with both IHG cards combined here are the reward details listing:
  • $138 Total Annual Fee
  • Automatic Platinum Status
  • 10 X Points per $1 Spend @ IHG
  • 2 X Anniversary Free Nights (now capped at 40K points)
  • 10% Reward Points Rebate (Select Card)
  • 4th Reward Night Free (Premier Card)
  • FREE Global Entry/TSA Pre Fee (Premier Card)
  • 20% Off Reward Points Purchases (Premier Card)
I don't plan to ever spend much on the Premier card besides an occasional IHG night after the sign-on bonus....I have my newish Chase trifecta (CSP/Ink Cash/Freedom Unlimited) for all that. ^
Just to follow up on my 80K bonus offer progress....

I met the $2k spend during my 2nd account statement month and the bonus points just posted to my IHG account 2-days after my April 3rd closing date.

Time to build up the balance for the next vacation!
dagangwood likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:50 pm

I was approved for Chase Ink Unlimited on April 10th. I have not applied for other Chase cards for over half-year. I am under 5/24. How soon can I apply for the Chase IHG card?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Finance_underling
Re: IHG card expedited delivery post-approval

I called the number on the back of my Sapphire card. The Sapphire rep was able to expedite delivery of the IHG card to 2 days
I just did the same thing but the rep told me that they couldn't expedite it because it involves a third party. It has to go through IHG...
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: Aadvantage
Originally Posted by Tony300S
FINALLY just applied and was approved for my IHG Premier Card (Offer: 80K Points after $2k Spend) with a $24K CR. I was at 4/24 with Chase so figured I should double down and combine the credit inquiry, so I got the Freedom Unlimited as well.

As a IHG Spire AMB and an existing IHG Select card holder, this new card should stretch my points and options a bit further.

So with both IHG cards combined here are the reward details listing:
  • $138 Total Annual Fee
  • Automatic Platinum Status
  • 10 X Points per $1 Spend @ IHG
  • 2 X Anniversary Free Nights (now capped at 40K points)
  • 10% Reward Points Rebate (Select Card)
  • 4th Reward Night Free (Premier Card)
  • FREE Global Entry/TSA Pre Fee (Premier Card)
  • 20% Off Reward Points Purchases (Premier Card)
I don't plan to ever spend much on the Premier card besides an occasional IHG night after the sign-on bonus....I have my newish Chase trifecta (CSP/Ink Cash/Freedom Unlimited) for all that. ^
A useful summary, thanks. I have been toying with whether to keep both myself and I think it's worth it even with the devalued free nights if you're likely to use them.

I tend to personally stay in IHG and get to pay myself so can get the 10x. A night @ $49 fee sems a good deal.
Tony300S likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
The last few weeks Chase has been emailing me to UPGRADE to the new Premier card keep the same card number no bonus points. I have the old one which i like. But i have this strange feeling that they are going to pull the old card and have everyone go to the new premier card by the end of the year. Just a hunch..
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Reading from the beginning of the thread, I saw that a dummy IHG booking would get you an extra $50 statement credit when applying for the Premier card. I tried one but I think I'm the only dummy here. Does that "trick" still work?

EDIT: I tried again, and during my "booking" saw the ad at the bottom of the page. Clicked it and sure enough, $50 statement credit after my first purchase in addition to the 80000+40000 point offer. Yay!
Tony300S likes this.

Last edited by martinp13; Apr 22, 2019 at 8:09 pm
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by robnc35
The last few weeks Chase has been emailing me to UPGRADE to the new Premier card keep the same card number no bonus points. I have the old one which i like. But i have this strange feeling that they are going to pull the old card and have everyone go to the new premier card by the end of the year. Just a hunch..
It's more convenient to keep the same number (no need to change account numbers on websites, etc), so many people will forego the points for it. Not us.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:29 am

separate products?

So will these three cards be treated as separate products? Also, do we know if they're included in the 5/24?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.