Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by Super Mario
Got my additional 20k points yesterday. Also booked my first 4th night free stay. Not a bad card!
Lucky you. I was denied.
I wonder what criteria they use to decide who gets it and who doesn’t
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Paulchili

Lucky you. I was denied.
I wonder what criteria they use to decide who gets it and who doesn’t
Might depend on when you signed up?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Might depend on when you signed up?
Spurred on by the knowledge that others have received this extra 20K I wrote to Chase again and was given the extra 20K now - happy to report it.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:31 am

Good to hear.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Troopers
I also waiting to get this card to align the free night with the old card. I don't think Chase is excluding Hyatt legacy card holders from holding the new WOH card, it just doesn't make sense to hold both Hyatt cards.
Chase will not allow you to have old and new Hyatt cards at the same time. I would have kept my old one as you would get a free night with that one as well as the new one.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Chase will not allow you to have old and new Hyatt cards at the same time. I would have kept my old one as you would get a free night with that one as well as the new one.
Not unless there has been a very recent change. DW still has the "old" card, and got a new one in July.

Or did you really mean Hyatt cards, even though you posted on the IHG thread?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:44 am

This is the IHG thread, so I will address that first. With IHG, you can hold both the old and new cards and stack the benefits. My wife and I both have both cards with no issues.

For Hyatt, you can only hold one or the other. I canceled the old and got the new one a few days later to take advantage of the added perks and sign up bonus. Not sure why Chase has a different policy for IHG than they do with Hyatt (and Marriott). Perhaps it is driven by IHG and not Chase?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by travel4free
This is the IHG thread, so I will address that first. With IHG, you can hold both the old and new cards and stack the benefits.
Yes
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I had the regular IHG card that only gave Gold benefits, rarely used it. $29 a year.
Saw this new one and called to upgrade. While I didn't get any points, there is also no "Hard Credit Pull" if you just upgrade. If you want the points, I believe you could do it but it'd be considered like a new application. I will be doing some home improvements later this year and will be getting a loan, so it wasn't worth it to me (I already have about 300,000 IHG points in my account).
Anyway-- I thought the extra $60 a year cost over the base IHG card was totally worth it for the Free Night Cert, as well as for the 4th night free on points stays, and the occasional upgrade due to Platinum status. I was treated quite well at a few hotels back when I was Platinum a few years ago.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
This is the IHG thread, so I will address that first. With IHG, you can hold both the old and new cards and stack the benefits. My wife and I both have both cards with no issues.

For Hyatt, you can only hold one or the other. I canceled the old and got the new one a few days later to take advantage of the added perks and sign up bonus. Not sure why Chase has a different policy for IHG than they do with Hyatt (and Marriott). Perhaps it is driven by IHG and not Chase?
Good question, I would have happily kept my old Chase like my old IHG card.

Reached $ spend mid statement, waiting 10 more days til statement closes and hoping for the 100K to post. Will let you all know what happens.

Too bad Chase can't post points instantly once spend requirement is met, Amex excels in this area.

What about statement credit, my first statement didn't show the credit. My application showed $50 credit after first purchase, but it didn't show. Anyone else have issues with the credit posting?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Good question, I would have happily kept my old Chase like my old IHG card.

Reached $ spend mid statement, waiting 10 more days til statement closes and hoping for the 100K to post. Will let you all know what happens.

Too bad Chase can't post points instantly once spend requirement is met, Amex excels in this area.

What about statement credit, my first statement didn't show the credit. My application showed $50 credit after first purchase, but it didn't show. Anyone else have issues with the credit posting?
How long ago was your first purchase? My credit posted four days after. Here is my data point:
4/5 - Opened account
4/14 - First purchase
4/18 - $50 credit posted
4/26 - First statement closed
5/1 - Annual fee charged (2nd statement)
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
How long ago was your first purchase? My credit posted four days after. Here is my data point:
4/5 - Opened account
4/14 - First purchase
4/18 - $50 credit posted
4/26 - First statement closed
5/1 - Annual fee charged (2nd statement)
8/10, I guess time for a SM to chase?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
8/10, I guess time for a SM to chase?
I am in the same boat. AF charged immediately once account opened, but no statement credit after first purchase or 100K bonus. First statement closed yesterday. Let me know how it goes if you message them.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:52 pm

I did SM for the extra 20k. So my statement closed with the 3k spend, but I only got the 20k extra, but not the 80k. I reread the SM that said the bonus could take 6 to 8 weeks. Since when? Mine from chase have always posted on 1st statement after spend met.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:27 pm

Depends when the transaction that crossed the MSR actually posted to your account. If it was in the second half of the cycle, it’s possible it ends up on the next one. I think recent data points were posting (not pending) no later than 10-12 days or so before statement closing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.