Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 8:16 am

I currently have both the old IHG select card and the new IHG premier card.
I need some more IHG points and was wondering if it would be OK to apply for a third IHG card, which would be the new IHG travel card, for the 60K sign up bonus.
Is there any restriction that allows me to have only one of the two new IHG cards, or would it be possible to get both of the new IHG cards with their sign up bonus, which would result in me having all three IHG cards?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by travel4free
One small clarification is that your application has to be within the last 90 days. My bonus had posted in the last 90 days, but the application was just over 90 days, so I was denied. In the past, I have had a couple offers matched and it was painless. Send a SM explaining you opened your account in the last 90 days, the offer you got, and the offer you see available now, and ask if they would kindly match it for you. They have always responded within a day. On this one, I believe the initial offer required 2K spend and the new offer is 3K spend, just in case that is an issue.
Perfect, I just sent in my SM. I signed up literally two weeks ago so hope they honor it. Fingers crossed.

I received the card is in the mail email yesterday, but of course haven't gotten it yet. Any idea what part of the process the system recognizes that my fourth night is free? I did a dummy booking and it's showing full point redemption level still.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Did Chase do a hard pull?
Am I right that a hard pull is shown on a credit report under "Inquiries shared with others" and "Inquiries shared only with you" would list the soft pulls?

Are address errors (missing address or single family rather than multi-family) from over ten years ago anything to worry about?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:05 pm

Did I screw up? I applied for the 80,000 offer and had not yet been approved. Two days later I saw the 100,000 offer so I called to try to switch. When that was not possible, I withdrew my first application and submitted for the 100,000 offer. That was about 2-3 days ago and I have heard nothing. Usually I get instant approval. I have had the older IHG card for several years, certainly more than 24 months, a total 4 personal and 3 business Chase cards, and I'm putting over $100,000 spend on Chase cards a year.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tizzette
I applied for the 80,000 offer and had not yet been approved. Two days later I saw the 100,000 offer so I called to try to switch. When that was not possible, [...]
Do you mean that a Chase rep told you it couldn't be done? That contradicts information in the other thread that specifically discusses the 100,000 point offer.

I have no advice about the failure to get instant approval, but if you do get approved, others have suggested sending a Secure Message rather than calling.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:46 pm

It could not be done while my 80;000 point application was still being processed so I cancelled it. I reapplied for the 100,000 and have heard nothing back on that so far.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 3:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Tizzette, I would guess that whatever caused your initial (80,000 point offer) application to be in work after two days is the same thing that is causing your new (100,000 point offer) application to be in work after 3-4 days. That probably doesn't help, except as an opinion that you didn't screw up by canceling the first application and submitting the second.

If you don't need the card in the near future, I would suggest letting Chase take its time getting back to you. If you do need the card in the near future, call or SM and ask if there is a problem.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:14 am

To put things into perspective, I recently received an offer to upgrade my ordinary old card to the new Premier card.

5000 bonus points after the first purchase by 9/30/18.

No 1st year fee waver from what I can see.

Last edited by MrTemporal; Aug 10, 2018 at 9:19 am
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:33 am

-----
Finance_underling likes this.

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:38 am
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by tomasdev
Does this mean on promos we get 20% off, from the base points? (i.e., but 100k points + 100k points bonus promo, you get 20k points off? or nothing at all?)

Do I need to buy the points with the card to get the 20% off, or just have the card?
With the buy 100k get 100k bonus you get no discount,
IHG will tell you your getting a 100% bonus which is greater than a 20% discount.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:22 pm

Does buying points from the current bonus count toward the minimum spend? For example, if I spend $500 dollars to purchase IHG points, does that count towards the 3k spend?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:49 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:38 am
Old Aug 15, 2018, 9:43 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by calculus1918
Does buying points from the current bonus count toward the minimum spend? For example, if I spend $500 dollars to purchase IHG points, does that count towards the 3k spend?
Sure should, Spend is Spend..double check the terms but besides like gift certs you should be fine.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Tizzette
It could not be done while my 80;000 point application was still being processed so I cancelled it. I reapplied for the 100,000 and have heard nothing back on that so far.
It did work out for me to cancel the 80,000 application while it was still in processing, and then reapply for the 100,000. I got the 100,000 approved instead.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Like others, I just messaged Chase for the extra 20k points (I had applied under 80k points) and they said OK if I meet the new minimum spend (Was 2k, now 3k). A few days later when I hit the 3k my extra 20k points posted with the next statement.

Given how little these points are worth (half a penny) it is hard to justify using the card to get 1 point per dollar long term when I have 2% cash back or other more valuable points/miles currency on my other cards. Guess will be looking for IHG promos that make them come in bunches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.