Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
IHG cards are not valuable for non-hotel spend. Just do al little spend now and then to keep Chase happy [...]
If I had both the Select and Premier cards, I would be reluctant to use the Select card for anything. How often does Chase want to see spend to avoid closing a card for non-use? (It seems like Chase would be happy to collect the annual fee even if there is no other use on the card.)
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:41 am

I think their documentation says 24 months, or maybe that was point expiration?

However, something trivial every 3 or 4 months won't hurt anything. Pack of gum, loaf of bread, whatever.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by serpens
If I had both the Select and Premier cards, I would be reluctant to use the Select card for anything. How often does Chase want to see spend to avoid closing a card for non-use? (It seems like Chase would be happy to collect the annual fee even if there is no other use on the card.)
I've had the IHG card for years, and made virtually no use of it. Just a small charge once or twice a year (to keep from being closed for total non-use), since the benefits of regular spend are so minimal. Never had any problem with this. I should note I have always had other various Chase cards open, such as Freedom, that I've done regular (bonused) spend on.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
IHG cards are not valuable for non-hotel spend. Just do al little spend now and then to keep Chase happy, you don't want them to cancel your cards for non-use. But doing spend for "free" rooms makes no sense, you will pay far more than if you just paid cash for the room. Lots of better places to put any significant spend IMHO.
I
Yes, thanks for confirmation of my math, that I didn't slip a decimal point somewhere.

I'll keep my Spire going, and so the card adds in to that discount already with a total value, in my mind, of 15-18% discount at their hotels. I've also got a lot of time coming up in foreign hotels where I can't escape the sales tax as before, and so in this special case this year, I'm starting to think of IHG points as worth something like $7-8/k. (We'll see when the next PB rolls around. And the 4th night, too, very useful!) The line between using points and just paying cash has moved considerably for me,.

Now, if they'd just straighten out that 20%. I can just imagine their CSRs trying to puzzle that one out.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by SEAfarer
I
Yes, thanks for confirmation of my math, that I didn't slip a decimal point somewhere.

I'll keep my Spire going, and so the card adds in to that discount already with a total value, in my mind, of 15-18% discount at their hotels. I've also got a lot of time coming up in foreign hotels where I can't escape the sales tax as before, and so in this special case this year, I'm starting to think of IHG points as worth something like $7-8/k. (We'll see when the next PB rolls around. And the 4th night, too, very useful!) The line between using points and just paying cash has moved considerably for me,.

Now, if they'd just straighten out that 20%. I can just imagine their CSRs trying to puzzle that one out.
I didn't take paying for IHG hotels into consideration as part of "normal spend", since that's never normal spend for me. Sometimes I forget that other people actually pay for hotels and airfare. I don't have any business travel, and as difficult as it's become, I'm still MSing hotel points (mainly Hilton) for a fraction of the rack rate for a room. If that ever comes to an end, I'll probably "hang my head and cry". :-(

But I am really liking the idea of DW and I each having 2 IHG cards that give us free night certificates. There are plenty of European Crowne Plazas and Intercontinentals at 40K that we'd be very pleased to stay in for 4 nights. :-)
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hertz PC; IHG Diamond
Delay in Points Posting

I have both the classic IHG card (obtained mid 2017) and the new Premier card. During my last Premier Card statement cycle I hit the minimum spend threshold for the 80k Bonus points, which points are showing on my Chase statement as having been transferred to IHG Rewards Club. I also paid for two stays on the Premier card during the statement cycle and the 10x points for those stays show on the Chase Statement. However, neither the 10x points for the paid stays nor the 80k bonus points are showing in my IHG rewards account, even though the points for the 1x and 2x categories of the statement cycle have posted (a couple days ago now). Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a delay in the Premier's 10x points or the 80k bonus points not posting at the same time as the 1x and 2x point types following a statement cycle?

Last edited by Nagoyaboy; Jun 30, 2018 at 11:13 pm
Old Jul 1, 2018, 5:00 am

80K point bonus posted to my account. Had the old card for 4 years.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Nagoyaboy
I have both the classic IHG card (obtained mid 2017) and the new Premier card. During my last Premier Card statement cycle I hit the minimum spend threshold for the 80k Bonus points, which points are showing on my Chase statement as having been transferred to IHG Rewards Club. I also paid for two stays on the Premier card during the statement cycle and the 10x points for those stays show on the Chase Statement. However, neither the 10x points for the paid stays nor the 80k bonus points are showing in my IHG rewards account, even though the points for the 1x and 2x categories of the statement cycle have posted (a couple days ago now). Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a delay in the Premier's 10x points or the 80k bonus points not posting at the same time as the 1x and 2x point types following a statement cycle?
I'm guessing it hasn't been 3+ days, it'll be there.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 6:05 pm

I had the exact same issue. Waited 4-5 weeks after the points showed on my Chase statement (in other words even waited for next statement after they should have posted) and none of the points shown on the statement with the 80K Bonus points ever posted. Contacted both Chase and IHG but the correct company to resolve the problem was IHG. So the fix was to simply contact IHG rewards and they opened a ticket and the problem was resolved for me seamlessly in a about 3-5 business with all the missing points being posted to my IHG account (and incidently back dated to the correct date they should have posted). They followed up with me by email to acknowledge the problem and stated that it was a rare and isolated systems issue. Hope this helps and rest assured IHG easily recognized and corrected the issue. I only wish the same was true for AMEX and Hilton and their cluster of lost referral bonuses that they owed me....took dozens of calls and tickets and over six months to resolve.

Kudos to IHG and Chase on this one.

Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
[...] (and incidently back dated to the correct date they should have posted).
Is there any advantage to that? I would think backdating points would just make them harder to track.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:16 pm

FleyeSkyHigh, thanks for the guidance. I initiated a missing point claim and in 3 days got the same response back as you - that it was an IT glitch. The points are now posted.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
We have verified with Chase that your IHG Rewards Club account is linked to your IHG Premier Credit Card. Please allow up to 2 weeks for your IHG Premier Credit Card to reflect on your IHG Rewards Club account.

2 weeks? seriously?
When did your 4th night benefit become active? I'm now at the 16 day mark and still no go..
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:53 am

Time to 4th night

The new card identifier "IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Pltn Upgrade" was in my IHG account history on the morning of the 4th day after I applied. It then took another day and a half before I could book the 4th night free (I say a day and a half as when I tried in the morning of the 5th day after approval to book a 4 night reward stay I did not get the 4th night free, but then when I tried later that afternoon it did give me the 4th night free). All told, 5/5.5 days from approval to the IHG account recognizing and allowing me to book a 4th reward night free. I'm generally not so hyper to book a room but when I saw the "IHG Rewards Club Credit Card Pltn Upgrade" in my account on day 4 I gambled and cancelled an existing 4 night reward stay in order to have enough points to rebook the same room with the 4th night free (to then not be able to rebook with a free 4th night when I tried on day 4).
Above is what i posted earlier in this thread as to length of time before i was able to book a 4th night free. Someone else experienced similar issues to what you are describing and was told 2 weeks as well. I don't recall whether that poster actually had to wait the two weeks or not.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:48 pm

Above is what i posted earlier in this thread as to length of time before i was able to book a 4th night free. Someone else experienced similar issues to what you are describing and was told 2 weeks as well. I don't recall whether that poster actually had to wait the two weeks or not.
Activated on the 20th day from approval. Doesn't sound like it would have happened if I didn't inquire with IHG as they responded like they had done something to the account.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I have the IHG credit card and my initial bonus points posted giving me a balance of 90k after everything else. I tried to book a four night 100k before Fourth night free on the app and it was trying to make me buy another 10k points.

Hopefully it's just an app issue and desktop works.. or of failing that somehow my account isn't linked correctly (doubt it since I got the Platinum bump from the cc). Would be very frustrating since I literally signed up after figuring a hotel I wanted for four nights would be 75k after Fourth night free.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.