Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage, British
Originally Posted by ks123
hi everyone. are the 2 new cards considered separate products from each other? i have the old select card, so i am thinking about applying for the premier card at or around the anniversary date of my select card in december (so i get the free anniversary credit for both cards around the same time) and applying for the traveler card now to get the bonus points. is that possible?
I have two cads. Just got an annual free night from the first card and bonus points from the second
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by alkotik

I have two cads. Just got an annual free night from the first card and bonus points from the second
is the free night still unlimited
Old Jun 2, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, British
Originally Posted by blitzen
is the free night still unlimited
I do not know - I made the booking already for a hotel that goes for 30K
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: You name it 😉
Annual Fee?

While the $50 credit posted so has the charge for the annual fee. Typically the first year is waived but it has appeared on my bill. Unfortunately I cannot find where it states this would be waived.
Did anyone else get charged the annual fee? If so, were you able to get removed?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:13 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by dineaux
While the $50 credit posted so has the charge for the annual fee. Typically the first year is waived but it has appeared on my bill. Unfortunately I cannot find where it states this would be waived.
Did anyone else get charged the annual fee? If so, were you able to get removed?
The annual fee for the first year is not waived as part of the new cardmember offer for the new Premier card.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:01 pm

I have a question about points when having the Premier card.

IHG points, without the card, get credited at 10x per $1 spent (-tax) right?

So with Platinum status, say a room @ $260/night for 2 nights, would that be:

- 5200 base points
- 2600 bonus points (plat 50%)

For a total of 7900 points.

Then if I put that $520 (plus tax, but I'll exclude that amount for now) on the Premier, I'd also end up with an additional ~5200 points, which ends up around 13100 points for the 2 night stay?

All of which end up as elite qualifying points?

Is it really that easy?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:01 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
All of which end up as elite qualifying points?

Is it really that easy?
You’re close. The IHG base points earned for room rate is elite qualifying, but not the elite bonus points. The full amount of points earned for spend on the credit card is also elite qualifying.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by dw

You’re close. The IHG base points earned for room rate is elite qualifying, but not the elite bonus points. The full amount of points earned for spend on the credit card is also elite qualifying.
Thanks! I missed one word when reading over the terms, "Packages." So I read it as Elite Bonus counting.

Either way, that's still pretty darn good. Wondering why I haven't added a hotel card until now, and kicking my own butt for not doing it before now.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
So with Platinum status, say a room @ $260/night for 2 nights, would that be:

- 5200 base points
- 2600 bonus points (plat 50%)

For a total of 7900 points.

Then if I put that $520 (plus tax, but I'll exclude that amount for now) on the Premier, I'd also end up with an additional ~5200 points, which ends up around 13100 points for the 2 night stay?
I'm doing it in my head, but I think you're 100 points too high. Check that first addition.

Still a nice deal, huh?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by serpens
I'm doing it in my head, but I think you're 100 points too high. Check that first addition.

Still a nice deal, huh?
I think it would be more like 10400, as the 50% plat bonus points don’t count as status points.

For overall points, yes, 13k though.

As for nice, yes it’s not too shabby. It also ensures I’m not tied just to IHG when I don’t need/want to be just to earn a status level. I have a couple longer stays at Intercontinental coming up, and considering adding ambassador for the year. $200 for 17 nights of upgrades would be worth it.

Wyndham matches me from Total Rewards, so that still leaves me free to hit Marriott or others as well.

Need to plan out a little more and see how it will all come together for my travel patterns. If another chain would match M-Life, I’d be set.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:58 pm

1. I have read comments about the new card's 4th night free and old card's 10% rebate stacking but haven't seen any DPs myself. Anyone can direct me to such DPs?
2. TPG has a post that says the 20% discount on points is getting applied to cash+points bookings as well. Again, can someone who has this card confirm this? Link: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/how-t...ht-free-award/. Exact text: "On the next page is the first time that you’ll see a benefit from the card. The cash portion of the Points & Cash rates are discounted by 20%."
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by rct12345
1. I have read comments about the new card's 4th night free and old card's 10% rebate stacking but haven't seen any DPs myself. Anyone can direct me to such DPs?
2. TPG has a post that says the 20% discount on points is getting applied to cash+points bookings as well. Again, can someone who has this card confirm this? Link: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/how-t...ht-free-award/. Exact text: "On the next page is the first time that you’ll see a benefit from the card. The cash portion of the Points & Cash rates are discounted by 20%."
Good question. The only thing I can tell you is that the old card's 10% rebate is stackable with the Ambassador 10% rebate. I've got a 4 night stay coming up, was only charged the points for 3 nights, and I expect I will then get the 10% + 10% rebates off that. But I will let you guys know in a couple of months.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jphripjah
[...] I expect I will then get the 10% + 10% rebates off that. But I will let you guys know in a couple of months.
I look forward to your report. Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:40 am

4th night free

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Good question. The only thing I can tell you is that the old card's 10% rebate is stackable with the Ambassador 10% rebate. I've got a 4 night stay coming up, was only charged the points for 3 nights, and I expect I will then get the 10% + 10% rebates off that. But I will let you guys know in a couple of months.
When you booked your 4 night stay, paying for 3 nights and getting the 4th free, did you have enough points in your account to cover what the 4th night would have cost (if it wasn't free)? Other people are saying that if you are booking a hotel that costs 50K per night for 4 nights you actually need 200K in your account, EVEN THOUGH you will only be charged the 150K. I planning on making a booking soon and the points are on sale 50% off so I need to know fairly quick. I only purchased enough points to cover the 3 nights, not the 4th. Thanks anyone who can advise.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes I had enough for the points x 4 nights
tyuzwa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.