Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:08 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by FonzieBone
Does anyone know - if you're a holder of the current/sunsetting card, are you still eligible for the sign-up bonus for the new $89 card? Since I've already burned my free night this year and have a fair amount of IHG spend left, I'd probably just get the new card and cancel the old one.
Yet to be determined how the'll restrict this. Like I said in an earlier post, it could be a standard churn 24-month bonus deal as the IHG Select was, or they could go the Citi bonus route and pull the whole Open OR Close 24-month bonus restriction which would really stink for current Select holders looking to switch!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:10 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Originally Posted by miadukes
I thought the new card did not have 10% rebate??
It doesnt, I was comparing the current Select to the New Premier. I'll change my wording a bit in an edit.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:16 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wiivile
do you get 20% discount on points purchased with points+cash?
That's not really clear in the terms to me, but I'll assume YES ...

"Save at least 20% on points purchases when you pay for those points with your IHG® Rewards Club Premier or Traveler Credit Cards. Point purchase amounts are subject to change by IHG® Rewards Club. These points are Non-Qualifying points and do not count towards Elite qualification. Upon completion of the points purchase, you agree that the total dollar amount will be immediately charged to your credit card. The cost for the points purchased is non-refundable."

does 4th night free include points+cash stays?
Per terms listed, NO.

"For each standard room Reward Night stay of 4 or more nights, every 4th night is free. Applies only to 4 or more consecutive nights within the same Reward Night point redemption room stay at the same property. With this benefit, eligible members will be charged the Reward Night point redemption rate for the first 3 nights, and 0 points for the 4th night of the stay, as applicable. If 4th Reward Night Free reservation is cancelled, or check-out occurs before the 4th night, the 4th Reward Night is forfeited and has no cash or point value. Members can utilize the 4th Reward Night Free benefit on an unlimited number of stays annually. IHG® Rewards Club Reward Night terms and conditions apply. Offer does not apply to paid stays or Points & Cash bookings. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment."
IHG Premier CC Terms HERE:

Last edited by Tony300S; Apr 5, 2018 at 8:23 am Reason: Added Terms Link
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Looks like a total of 4, including a new business card https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...s/other-ihg-cc - poor response to Hilton's new AMEX offerings, which have for the most part been very well received.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:36 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by diver858
Looks like a total of 4, including a new business card https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...s/other-ihg-cc - poor response to Hilton's new AMEX offerings, which have for the most part been very well received.
The cards on that page are the legacy cards, including the Select card... three of them are no longer offered, and applications for the Select cards should end soon.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by dw
The cards on that page are the legacy cards, including the Select card... three of them are no longer offered, and applications for the Select cards should end soon.
When was there a business version of the IHG card?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:54 am
dw

As a data point, I went ahead and applied for the new Premier card. Existing IHG Select cardholder here, and also over 5/24, and was instantly approved.

For a better offer, start a dummy reservation on IHG.com and you'll be offered the standard 80k offer (+ the 5k for adding an authorized user), PLUS a $50 statement credit.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by dw
As a data point, I went ahead and applied for the new Premier card. Existing IHG Select cardholder here, and also over 5/24, and was instantly approved.

For a better offer, start a dummy reservation on IHG.com and you'll be offered the standard 80k offer (+ the 5k for adding an authorized user), PLUS a $50 statement credit.
Now I wanna know if you get 2 anniversary nights...
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wiivile
Now I wanna know if you get 2 anniversary nights...
Yes that is the most likely outcome

as far as chase and IHG is concerned they are separate products, contracts etc

similarly, new card promo points should accrue for select holders who apply for the premier independently

And folks with AMB $200 renewal, Select, and Premier should see 30% points rebate on award nights. That one remains to be seen but it should work.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:15 am
dw

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
And folks with AMB $200 renewal, Select, and Premier should see 30% points rebate on award nights. That one remains to be seen but it should work.
Unfortunately the 10% rebate is not part of the Premier offering, which depending on the person makes the old Select card worth holding onto.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:46 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dw

How did you manage that? I don't see any active links on the Chase site directly. Tried the IHG fake booking, clicked it showing Premier offer and came up "page not found".
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:58 am
dw

Originally Posted by Tony300S
Tried the IHG fake booking, clicked it showing Premier offer and came up "page not found".
Try using Chrome.

For some reason, when I tried to following the link during the reservation process, I got a "page not found" error with both Safari and Firefox, but it worked with Chrome.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:06 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dw
Try using Chrome.

For some reason, when I tried to following the link during the reservation process, I got a "page not found" error with both Safari and Firefox, but it worked with Chrome.
Thanks, but Chrome is all I use. Either way, don't plan on applying yet anyways.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:08 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Some more details... HERE

"Regarding eligibility for this card, the terms state the following:

This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.

Based on this language, it looks like you should be eligible to apply for this card if you currently have another version of the IHG Card, which is good news."

Working Application Link: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...b-premier-80k/

Last edited by Tony300S; Apr 5, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:11 pm
dw

Originally Posted by Tony300S
Thanks, but Chrome is all I use. Either way, don't plan on applying yet anyways.
Odd... perhaps it is a cookie issue. Anyone who wants to apply using that link but is having problems getting the page to load may want to try clearing cookies and trying again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.