Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Phuket Pre-Opening Master Thread (Scheduled Aug 01, 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Club manager at Hua Hin mentioned a potential March openning, also that staff from Hua Hin would be going to support although she did say that she had turned down a full time position there.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shoven
Club manager at Hua Hin mentioned a potential March openning, also that staff from Hua Hin would be going to support although she did say that she had turned down a full time position there.
There's a lot of data coming out of that club lounge shoven :-) .... all of it useful. Will they have anyone left there?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
They have alot of new faces in the hotel since my last visit in july as well as all the familiar ones. I would think part of that would be high season is about to hit but will also allow for support/movment of staff in the new year to Phuket.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by shoven
March 2019 or Mar 2020? I assume Mar 2020 as Mar 2019 seems impossible based on the pictures showing state of construction in April 2018 (if accurately dated which I don't doubt). Even if they pull off Mar 2020 it would quite an achievement to be honest.

Look at Indigo Bali, delayed by over a year. IC Bali is just a phased refurbishment (not a new build) and initial plan was to complete everything by first half of 2018. By now they are delayed on the updates of the second set of rooms (out of 3 sets) into early 2019 and the Club Wing will only start refurbishment then completing maybe end 2019.

Let's see what happens. A new picture of state of construction will help. They would have to be completely done with structure and be well into the interior outfitting works to have a shot at Mar 2019. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Nov 20, 2018 at 9:16 pm
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by demue
March 2019 or Mar 2020? I assume Mar 2020 as Mar 2019 seems impossible based on the pictures showing state of construction in April 2018 (if accurately dated which I don't doubt). Even if they pull off Mar 2020 it would quite an achievement to be honest.

Look at Indigo Bali, delayed by over a year. IC Bali is just a phased refurbishment (not a new build) and initial plan was to complete everything by first half of 2018. By now they are delayed on the updates of the second set of rooms (out of 3 sets) into early 2019 and the Club Wing will only start refurbishment then completing maybe end 2019.

Let's see what happens. A new picture of state of construction will help. They would have to be completely done with structure and be well into the interior outfitting works to have a shot at Mar 2019. YMMV.
No they were talking Mar 2019, I was suprised to be honest but just feeding back what was said.

If you search on the app for rooms it comes up with oct 2019 so who knows but this is Thailand sometimes things happen in a flash other times it can take an age😀😀
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Haha, yes let's see. This would be bordering a miracle if they get that hotel open in 2019.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Haha, yes let's see. This would be bordering a miracle if they get that hotel open in 2019.
Given the pictures I'm inclined to agree but equally would be perfect if it were to be open or even part open for us .... planning on being in Bali, Phu Quoc and BKK in May and this would be a great addition to that schedule. Looking forward to 355F1's feedback and hopefully some updated construction site photos maybe the next couple of weeks.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:03 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
One of the guest relations managers here at the HI Mai Khao Resort says it’s slated to open October 2019.

thats all I’ve gotten so far here.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Just drove by there last week. Not a chance it's going to be ready in March 2019. Even Oct 2019 is a real stretch.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:59 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

According to this post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30841645-post1673.html) and a dummy booking the hotel seems to be soft opening in August

I therefore have adjusted the thread title.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:40 pm

I would still not bank on this property to open in Aug 2019 regardless of what they load as room inventory. Definitely have a backup (cancellable / refundable) in place if you plan to stay there in the early months.

We could list many hotel projects that were delayed by 6-12 months easily even after opening dates had been announced and rooms made available for bookings. YMMV
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:21 am

I'm tempted to book there in November as I have not been to Phuket for a couple of years but a bit put off by the potential hassel if it's not open in time.

I see on there HR fbook page that they are holding a recruitment open day next week at a local university.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
I would still not bank on this property to open in Aug 2019 regardless of what they load as room inventory. Definitely have a backup (cancellable / refundable) in place if you plan to stay there in the early months.

We could list many hotel projects that were delayed by 6-12 months easily even after opening dates had been announced and rooms made available for bookings. YMMV
While that is certainly true, has there been an instance where an hotel moved the opening date forward by a few months and then didn't open in time? I'm not aware of any.
I assume (or hope) that if they move their opening date from November to August, they are reasonably confident of opening in time. But of course i might be wrong.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:38 pm

Less frequently the case, but certainly can and has happened. IC Barclay NYC kept moving opening dates out a few times, but then also brought it forward to an earlier date just to have to move it further out again later as some permits didn't come through / weren't granted as expected. The property was done by then, but operations not permitted. You never know till it is actually open. Also contractors (construction / outfitting works) are notoriously "bad" at disclosing the full extent of timelines and are optimistic to a fault about still being able to make deadlines. Anyways, YMMV.

The hotel owner & operator definitely will be keen catching at least the tail end of the European Summer vacation period, so I wouldn't doubt their intention and commitment, but if it was me I wouldn't book there without a (cancellable) backup in place. If one counts on IHG to reacommodate if necessary one could be in for a not so great experience .
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I am due to stay here in Dec and wrote to ask about Club access. I am a Spire Ambassador and had booked the room with points (a reduced rate when they first went on line so I got the room for 35k points a night rather than the 50k they are asking now). This is what I got back - I thought it may be of use to some:

How much (if available) it would be to upgrade our rooms to Intercontinental Club Access? If so what does that include?

Answer: We regret to inform you that guest who reserve the room by using IHG Reward Night is entitled to stay in accomodate first category room and member benefits are not included as well as breakfast, food and beverages.

However, please allow us to inform the supplement charge from Classic room as a Reward night to stay at our Club room with Club Lounge Benefits details as following;

- From Classic room to Club InterContinental Pool View THB 5,500+++ (THB 6,525.80 Net) per room per night
- From Classic room to Club InterContinental Ocean View THB 7,000+++ (THB 8,309 Net) per room per night
- From Classic room to Club InterContinental Ocean View Suite THB 10,000+++ (THB 11,870 Net) per room per night

Club Loung benefit:
  • Personalized Butler Service: One of the highlights of Club InterContinental® and its exclusive privileges is our personalized Club Butler service, an exceptional and personalized service to all Club InterContinental® guests.
  • Complimentary access to Club InterContinental Lounge: Open from 07:00 AM.to 10:00 PM. with light refreshments and non-alcoholic beverages. Exclusive access to Club InterContinental pool
  • A choice of two complimentary breakfast venues: Club InterContinental Lounge (07:00 AM. – 10:30 AM.), enjoy gourmet breakfast set menu crafted by our Executive Chef or At All Day Dining Restaurant (06:30 AM. – 10:30 AM.
  • Afternoon Tea with freshly-made sweet and savory treats paired with a discerning range of Premium Tea blends from 2:00 PM. to 4:00 PM
  • Sunset Evening Cocktail including Premium wines selected from our Exclusive Sommelier, classic cocktails, sparkling wine and a carefully selected range of snacks and canapés prepared by our Executive Chef from 5:30 PM. to 7:30 PM.
  • VIP In-room fruit amenity and a selection of Premium Tea.
- Complimentary soft drinks from the in-room mini bar (refill once a day).
- Complimentary two pieces of pressing per stay.
- Complimentary in-room local calls (landline only).
- An additional invited guest of yours is welcomed to experience Club InterContinental Lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea or evening cocktail at no charge.

We went for the Club room upgrade in theend so we shall see what the value is. I just hope it opens in time!

aks120

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.