Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Phuket Pre-Opening Master Thread (Scheduled Aug 01, 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

IC Phuket Pre-Opening Master Thread (Scheduled Aug 01, 2019)

Know it's in the offering for Q1-2 next year and the background but curious as to what's happening and if anyone has any update or details?

Cheers
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
An update would be good, the last news I can find is the hotel broke ground last July apart from a couple of articles about some show rooms for the Twin Palms residences that are being built mentioning The IC opening in 2019.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:42 pm

I am at the Holiday inn resort Phuket tomorrow. I will check if management have any news.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Just drove by the site last week. It is a loooong way from being completed. They've barely broken ground.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
In a place like Thailand, if the property ever gets fully build and opened, you can comfortably add 2 years to whatever initial launch date has been given. Don't plan staying there anytime soon.

Last edited by demue; Apr 3, 2018 at 7:52 pm
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shoven
An update would be good, the last news I can find is the hotel broke ground last July apart from a couple of articles about some show rooms for the Twin Palms residences that are being built mentioning The IC opening in 2019.
Agree. Was at another property in Thailand short while back and general commentary appeared that it was generally on schedule but that's been heard a few times. Would be great get an update........got a huge bag of points we trying plan out the usage off over next 3 years.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rapidex
I am at the Holiday inn resort Phuket tomorrow. I will check if management have any news.
Nice one, would be great to get that.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justforfun
Just drove by the site last week. It is a loooong way from being completed. They've barely broken ground.
Ahh less good.....I thought it was a heavy refresh of the old Evason? Maybe I got that wrong.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by demue
In a place like Thailand, if the property ever gets fully build and opened, you can comfortably add 2 years to whatever initial launch date has been given. Don't plan staying there anytime soon.
Yes IC's generally seem be slow leaving the launch pad.....maybe I misunderstood the M.O .... if it is a ground up then agree your time estimate.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Actually just out of general curiosity, how does the Phuket area compare with Koh Samui?

Have to say I liked IC Koh Samui and were treated extremely well and liked the concept of another Island IC in Thailand ...that said I have zero experience of the Phuket area. How does it compare in general terms to say Koh Samui or indeed other IC areas either side of the water in Thailand? Opinions very welcome?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Actually just out of general curiosity, how does the Phuket area compare with Koh Samui?

Have to say I liked IC Koh Samui and were treated extremely well and liked the concept of another Island IC in Thailand ...that said I have zero experience of the Phuket area. How does it compare in general terms to say Koh Samui or indeed other IC areas either side of the water in Thailand? Opinions very welcome?
I personally like Phuket and think it has a lot to offer, the planned location of the new IC I think is a nice area on Phuket far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Patong but within easy reach for a night out or some shopping. There are plenty of options to eat along Kamala beach and in the town so unlike Samui which I believe is Isolated (Have not been yet going in July) your not stuck with only the resort options.

Comparing the Phuket area to Hua Hin and Pattaya I would say that although I really like both IC's one in Phuket would be a great addition as there is a lot more on offer on the Island than the other 2 locations. Phuket has some great places to eat with lots to do during the day and the night the other 2 are easy access from Bangkok but if your coming for a long vacation then Phuket will keep you interested.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:58 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Koh Samui is swarmed with Brits, Phuket is swarmed with Russians .Phuket has a bit more space if you want to just hide in a resort, and you usually get slightly more for your money
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shoven
I personally like Phuket and think it has a lot to offer, the planned location of the new IC I think is a nice area on Phuket far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Patong but within easy reach for a night out or some shopping. There are plenty of options to eat along Kamala beach and in the town so unlike Samui which I believe is Isolated (Have not been yet going in July) your not stuck with only the resort options.

Comparing the Phuket area to Hua Hin and Pattaya I would say that although I really like both IC's one in Phuket would be a great addition as there is a lot more on offer on the Island than the other 2 locations. Phuket has some great places to eat with lots to do during the day and the night the other 2 are easy access from Bangkok but if your coming for a long vacation then Phuket will keep you interested.
Appreciate your assessment Shoven. IC Samui is a little isolated. Strangely it is it's value I think. There are places within walking distance which we were unsure of but were actually good. Resport itself does not disappoint either.

I like the other IC's you mention but were way less enamoured with the surrounding areas. Both locations look after RA's and were well trained and service minded. Beaches not quite what I'd imagined but the resorts themselves on the money.

Thanks again for the pointer, will shape my use of points I think in 2020. Cheers
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Koh Samui is swarmed with Brits, Phuket is swarmed with Russians .Phuket has a bit more space if you want to just hide in a resort, and you usually get slightly more for your money
Like it! Thanks for the heads up Pete
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: Spire Ambassdor
I think can opening Q3 2019

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.